“A pleasant stay”
Review of Hilton Bath City

Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I have stayed in 'Hiltons' before but the first time for the Bath one for me. A great location with a couple of mins walking to the main shopping. As the company paid for this visit (xmas party) I was quite happy paying the £15 for the parking.... We arrived a little early for check-in and the room was not ready but true to receptions word, they let us know as soon as it was ready. The rooms are comfortable, large enough to do all that you wanted and the one we had (side of the river) was lovely and quiet. We did think that the hotel bar prices were a little on the high side, but I suspose it is only to be expected in such a tourist location. We got down for breakfast and was met before being seated, and the service was as to be expected. Lots of choice all of it fresh, and plenty of choice.

Room Tip: Away from the front (road side) as I did notice a couple of clubs along the road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
KimThyer, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate all your positive feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton Bath City I will ensure your kind comments are passed to the team.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Bath City and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

We stayed 2 nights here in October and found the hotel and staff very comfortable and welcoming. Our room was good with a view over the river. The bar was excllent with the staff happy to make cocktails not on the menu (most unusual, obviously well trained) and the food in the restaurant was so good we could not be bothered to go out to town looking for another restaurant. Well done the hotel manager

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 December 2012

We went to Bath for my husbands works Christmas party as his Head office is in Bath. We combined the visit with a shopping trip. We found the hotel to be comfortable and very clean and the staff very efficient. we did have to wait a little while for our room to be ready but that was because the weather was so awful we went to the hotel earlier than we anticipated but we were able to sit in reception in the dry. Breakfast in the morning was excellent with a wide choice of fruit pastries cereals or a full english. we would definately consider staying here again and would recommend the hotel to our friends

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Despite the reasonable customer service and central location, many aspects of this hotel are way behind the times. Try £15 to use the wifi in your room, or £15 per night for the unpleasant carpark next door. Aside from the small modern bathroom (no bath in my room) the rest of the room look very dated and in need of modernisation. Without doubt a bit more research on tripadvisor would find much better value and still central for the city. Booked by someone else for a business meeting but would not use for a private trip.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SherpaP
KimThyer, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

Hilton Bath City do not have a Car Park, we have an affiliation with the Podium Car park beneath the Hotel; the arrangements are: 0 – 4 hours please pay at the Podium Car Park. Over 4 hours please validate your parking token at reception and pay via the Car Park Pay Station, £15.00 per exit. In addition, we certainly try to give our customers alternatives where to park, and hold directions to local long stay car parks.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the size of your room. The hotel was built in 1973, and the standard of hotel room layout has dramatically changed over the last 30 years. We have a fantastic location, but some of our rooms are smaller due to the size of our building. All of our smaller rooms have now been refurbished to a high standard to make the most of the size and maximise space.

I note your feedback regarding our internet charges. We offer our guests complimentary wi-fi throughout the ground floor, however, there is a charge of £14.99 for guests wishing to use this facility in their room. I will ensure your feedback is passed on.

We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience this for yourself.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Read some not so good reviews about this hotel but was pleasantly surprised. Stayed in plaza rooms. Not very large but comfortable with great bed, bathroom modern and all very clean. Quite good location as well. Reception staff very helpful

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jean m

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Bath City.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

We booked 1 night stay through Last Minute.com when they had a 10% off offer on - for 4th Dec. We arrived fairly early at 11.30am to be told we had a free upgrade and there was a room available so we could go straight in which was wonderful. We were really pleased with the room, 3rd floor, overlooking the river behind. It was clean and very quiet which was what we were looking for .
When we checked in there was a large que for a car park, i asked the receptionist which car park we were meant to use...'the turning left outside, ,the Podium car park, get a tocken and pay £15 on the way out tomorrow'. Which is exactly what we did, its a fairly large car park for the Waitrose store. However, when we came to put the token in the next day ( bearing in mind we had already checked out of the hotel), the sign above the pay meter says that it is a short stay car park, maximum 4 hours, and the over night charge was £25!!! I thought that £25 was way over the top and considering I had 15 in my mind I was annoyed, but couldn't do anything about it.
The hotel was really central, the staff we encountered were friendly, and having a Waitrose right next door to purchase some chocolate for the evening was great! we didn't eat in the hotel in the evening but had breakfast included. We were shown straight to a table so didn't have to wait. It was a fairly usual buffet spread, nothing wrong with it, but nothing fantastic. The usual wait to use the toaster machine, coffee and tea brought to the table....just very normal , which I guess disappointed me as I love a hotel breakfast especially a great one! ( Park Plaza in Cardiff, and Malmaison in Newcastle are tops of my sad list!)
I would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Bath was clean and chocka block of shoppers for the Xmas market, but almost a ghost town by 7pm.

2  Thank josiejoswansea
KimThyer, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

I note your comments regarding our car parking facilities. Following guest feedback we recently addressed our car parking charges and these were reduced. Guests who do not require access to their vehicles during their stay pay a one-off charge of £15.00, tokens must be validated by our Reception Team and payment is via the machine located in the Podium Car Park. Our Reception Team hold full details of alternative parking arrangements within the City for guests requiring use of their vehicle during their stay.

Reviewed 6 December 2012 via mobile

Great location for everything in Bath

My room was quite dated at the front of the hotel and also noisy , if you don't sleep we'll ask for a room at the back

General service in bar and restaurant good also reception

Parking is a problem £15 a night in a poky multi storey that does not belong to the hotel

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Weldge

Dear Sir/Madam

I was sorry to read your comments relating to the external noise. The hotel is very well situated in the centre of the City, such external noise is hard to control. We certainly are very fortunate with our central location and the views of the River Avon and Pulteney Bridge. However, being a central location, in a busy city can have drawbacks such as perceived noise. We do allocate guests who specify quiet rooms in a river facing area that is quieter than at the front of the hotel.