“Christmas Shopping In Bath”
Review of Hilton Bath City

Hilton Bath City
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We have stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions and are always very happy with the location and service. It is our hotel of choice when visiting Bath primarily due to its central location. The breakfast is plentiful and has ample choices. We always request a room at the rear overlooking the river as I think it is quieter. Parking in the Podium car park next door is convenient and at £15.00 per exit good value if you leave your car for the duration of your stay. The staff are all very welcoming and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (2,942)

Reviewed 24 December 2013

2nd time we stayed here. First time was a couple of months ago. A hotel that can do with an upgrade but centrally located and with 2 small children (aged 1 and 3) we had to give up luxury for convenience. I thought the housekeeping staff could have done a better job cleaning, especially around the sink but staff was friendly enough that made our experience okay so we returned.
However this time it was like arriving at a different hotel. First of all the only family room bookable online was with 1 king size and 1 sofa bed. I called in advance to see what to do if we wanted 2 double beds instead - and booked this room online but requested 2 beds under 'additional info'. Our request was not even looked at and the only response from reception is that they are fully booked with no other rooms available. Unfortunate that 2 coach parties arrived at the same time- at around 2:30pm. Our room was not ready and was directed to the seating area in the lobby and was told that they will come to find us in 20 min or so. Nobody came for us so I enquired at the reception and was 3:10pm by the time we got our keys. But there was a long queue getting onto the 2 small lifts they had. So we climbed the stairs with our luggage and children to the 3rd floor. The person at the concierge was very helpful and helped us with the luggage from halfway up the stairs.
We returned to the hotel after dinner for children's bedtime. At 7:30pm we noticed that the bed sheet on the king bed was not tucked in. On closer inspection it was not a bed sheet at all but a double duvet cover spread over the bed - how could housekeeping have missed that?. I requested a proper sheet and the hotel staff brought it over straight away. I re-made the bed but this also appeared to be a double and didn't cover the whole bed. We made do with both we had and overlapped each other. All the bed making and the cover of our duvet partially came off and I was disgusted to find horrible dirty stains on a very lumpy duvet. Sort of duvet that should have been thrown out long time ago. Furthermore the duvet cover was put on inside out. Although the bed itself was comfortable, I felt dirty sleeping under such duvet and couldn't sleep well.
I also noticed some crumbs not wiped clean here and there but this is minor issues that I was happy to oversee if there are not bedding issues and if staff friendly.
The breakfast spread was fine but again staff very unfriendly and different from our previous experience. The price of £18 per person was £5 more expensive than what I was informed previously over the phone.
At checkout I mentioned about the problem with the bed sheets. Not a single word of apology - just "I better write this down". "Was everything else okay?" She asks. "Sure" I answer thinking "but isn't that enough?".
This time there was not a single smile from staff. Not a single "merry Christmas" or anything.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The Hilton in Bath is very close to the centre, just a short walk to the Abbey, baths, etc. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. There is parking right underneath the hotel in a short-stay car park for which residents get a special daily rate of £15. Overall it's a pleasure to stay there.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

There is nothing wrong with this hotel and if you get a good deal I'd recommend it over a budget hotel at the same price any day. But, it doesn't live up to the typical Hilton standard in all aspects. My husband and I had an upgrade to an Executive Room. The King bed was 2 smaller beds pushed together, with a crack in the middle. Not comfortable at all. On the plus side, the room and bathroom were very large and nice. My Mom had a standard room and it was much smaller than what we'd expect out of a Hilton brand hotel. Breakfast - again it was ok, but not great. If it's included in your room rate and you get a good deal, then go for it. But, I wouldn't pay extra for it as there are many cafes a short walk away in the main part of Bath.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I will always be fond of Bath for many personal reasons and I chose to come back and share the experience with my partner. I had never until now stayed in a Hilton Hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were lovely, was very well situated in the center of Bath which made it great to just park the car and go for nice walks and a good look around, which is good as Bath isn't great for getting around in a car! Especially if you don't know your way around. The whole hotel was lovely, all the staff were very polite and friendly. The bar was quite reasonably priced and again very friendly, overall.... the perfect break and when I come again, i'd be sure to use this hotel again as I am not sure i'd find better and i'd hate it to be less perfect than this occasion!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Went with my daughter to Bath for the weekend to enjoy the Christmas market. Stayed at the Hilton only one night unfortunately but what a wonderful experience. Room spacious, immaculately clean, staff very friendly and helpful nothing too was much trouble.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel for people wanting a short stay that want to see the city or just visiting for a few days, it's not a flashy hotel but it is more than comfortable!
I visited the hotel for one night, check in was easy, room was small but clean and was ok for one night. Breakfast was really good the next day, good variety of things to choose from.
Location is excellent you can walk to all the shops and bars/ restaurants etc without needing a taxi.
There is car parking available next to the hotel which says short stay but you can stay over night and get a discount from the hotel.
Overall the hotel did exactly what I needed. Would stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business