Hilton Bath City
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$209
  • Breakfast included
US$272
US$253
Agoda.com
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$222
  • Restaurant
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$217
Dukes Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
Official Site
3,047 results
All reviewspodium car parkriver viewcentral locationexcellent locationbath cityshort staybeautiful citymain attractionspulteney bridgeone night staychristmas marketbreakfast was excellenttown centrefull englishwaitrosevalidateavon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2008

When I checked in I asked if I could exchange my dinner deal for breakfast. No.
I wanted to order breakfast for my room. It had to be done from my room. There were no forms in the room to order room service. I had to telephone for one.
The bed runner was FILTHY. When I removed it I noticed a large hand size blood stain on the duvet. Rang housekeeping. They came with a duvet cover. Not a duvet.
The curtains were hanging off the rail. They were stained with flower pollen.
The one mirror in the bathroom was over the lavatory bowl. This had no lid for the bowl. If you wanted to use the mirror you would have to lean over an open lavatory.
The room was designed for a disabled visitor. There was a panic cord in the bathroom to activate an alarm. This went off at 4.30am. It could not be deactivated. The wiring had to be removed. The alarm woke other sleepers in the corridor. If I had been a disabled guest there would not have been any response. I had to telephone reception to get someone to help.
The only good thing about the hotel is the location. They did refund me one nights money

3  Thank lionleo
Reviewed 16 August 2008

We stayed there for one night in August. We wanted a central hotel close ish is to the theatre royal. I checked into the room (very efficient) as my wife went to the theatre to buy the tickets TIP: go there at noon on the day of performance. They sell tickets at £5, OK so not the best seats in the house but great value. The reception staff were courteous and friendly. The room was perfect, very clean and tidy with a view over the river Avon and the historic Poultney Bridge to the right. We had a wonderful evening booking pre theatre dinner at a local restaurant, fantastic play and a short walk back to the hotel for a night cap in the bar. The only negative about whole stay was the shower, not really a “power shower” and that’s the only reason for not giving 5 stars. Note that there is a car Park at the hotel which is a bit pricey that they share with the nearby Waitrose, however car parking in Bath is pretty expensive.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mikeuk46
Reviewed 5 August 2008

We stayed here last year in a "Plaza Room" (executive room) as we are Gold Hilton Honour members.... all I can say is; it is by far the worst Hilton we have *ever* stayed in.

Our executive room was tiny, we have stayed in Travelodge's with bigger rooms! There was a narrow walkway from the door, past the bathroom and into the room, and in the main room was just a standard 4'6" bed. With my husband laying on the bed, there was little room for me. He could touch the wall on his side and I could touch the wall on my side. So the main part of the room was little more than 6 feet wide.

At the foot of the bed was a set of drawers and a small dressing table and that was it. If this was an executive room then I would *hate* to see a standard room! But the best was yet to come... the bathroom.

OMG it was was like something from the 1970s, or "Homes from Hell". I CANNOT believe to this day that the Hilton chain can seriously put people up in rooms of this state for the money we paid! Basically the bathroom was FILTHY and extremely outdated. There was mould on the tiles, under the "pink shell shaped" soap holder and ingrained in the sealant around the bath. The bath taps and shower controls were ancient, stained and dirty and the floor was disgusting. It was seriously like we were staying a room that had been "unearthed" and not cleaned for weeks, possibly months (see photos).

But things got worse, the walls were paper thin, we could everything happening next door (lovely gay couple obviously away for a naughty weekend), including every trip to, and sound from, the bathroom and every squeak and movement of the bed. At one point one of the guys sneezed and I said "bless you", to which he replied "thank you" as though we were in the same room!

Apart from the amorous and otherwise sounds from next door, there was something else that stopped us sleeping. Our room overlooked a flat roof part of the hotel, which was the roosting home of around 100 seagulls. So from 8pm until 8am, the noise from the roof was terrible. It was impossible to sleep through the noise and also made it impossible to open the window for two reasons:- 1. The noise! and 2. That many seagulls create a lot of mess, which when left absolutely STINKS.

On a final note, when we arrived the hallway leading to our room was littered with trays, used towels and other bits and bobs, we assumed it was "awaiting the cleaning staff", strangely when we left 48 hours later, nothing had moved, some of them trays had been there for at least 48 hours and some food remnants were looking a little rotten to say the least!

Apart from the close location to Bath City Centre, the Bath Hilton seriously has nothing to offer its guests. It's rooms are small, in a bad state of repair and certainly not worthy of the Hilton name, let alone the Hilton price tag.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Wookeys_Travels
Reviewed 1 August 2008

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in a business de luxe room for 2 nights with breakfast and 1 night dinner.
The location is ideal for the city although the car park charge is excessive at £19 per day. We were not made aware of this at the time of booking. Car Park is next door.
My wife made the check-in and it was very unsatisfactory in many ways, as was check out. Many of the reception staff seemed to be under training. We were on a Jayne Austin Experience package but were not given the literature at check in. We wanted to change dinner to second night as we were going to the theatre. This was made to appear a problem requiring a superviser, but we have done this many times with Hilton in the past without difficulty. Note, we rate these packages as good value, especially in London.
The room was completely refurbished and different. Rather compact with big flat screen it felt modern but no minibar or pen and paper. No shortbread first day but appeared second day.
We are used to a very expensive bed but this did not feel uncomfortable as noted elsewhere.
Bedding was modern and different, as was the striped carpet, not the usual hotel "busy" carpet. Well designed.
The bathroom again was very different. No bath but large modern shower that lacked water pressure on the 3rd floor. Wash basin was a modern bowl with shelves underneath.
Our outlook was very pleasant to the back and the river. This level of room had air conditioning which was a blessing in the heat.
Three course dinner was very good in every respect.
Breakfast very much varied. First morning I commented on the remarkable presentation of the cooked buffet. Looked great and was very good. Unfortunately when I complimented the head waiter on this that was ok but when I pointed out that our teapot had a cracked spout (1 of my pet hates) he did not want to know. New supplies are coming and it will be removed then, not before.
This may be ok for Little Chef - a feature, but not Hilton. TOTAL UNHYGENIC and they do not want to know!
Breakfast 2nd morning had a different squad - poor layout and overcooked + our area was ignored by waiting staff. Asked Head Waiter to arrange for table to be cleared of dirty plates but had to do it myself. But at least teapot spout not cracked.
Final area let down was checkout. Asked for directions to get to Bristol by M4. 3 looked at one another and 1 tried to interpret directions from Hilton Town map. When I queried her instructions that took me right through Bath centre she informed me I wanted Bristol and that was the best way. UTTER RUBBISH. Fortunately I looked at our map, turned Right out of carpark and escaped in a fraction of the time.
Need for training in many areas.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 31 July 2008

We stayed for three nights at the Hilton, the location, within a few minutes walk of the centre of Bath and right beside the river, was very good. Food, breakfast buffet very enjoyable and plenty of it, the fried eggs were as usual done in bulk and lost a bit of taste in the process, otherwise all very nice.
We had dinner one evening (part of the deal) which was also very good, nicely served and well presented, we thought a bit expensive if we had had to pay extra for it.
Rooms, ours was on second floor facing the road junction, but really the only noise was from the seagulls which seemed to go on all through the night. The room was so hot, it's a case of having cooler air and noise or quietness and heat - you pay your money and take your choice ...... Room was usual Hilton size, very clean but the mattress was very hard, almost to the point of being uncomfortable.
Probably OK for a couple of nights but even so the hotel seemed to be very busy...

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple