“It's OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Southern Wales, United Kingdom
“It's OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in a deluxe room. The room was ok, closer attention could have been paid to housekeeping. The iron water bottle was half full and nearly spilt on our clothes in the wardrobe, there were a few stray hairs on the wall in the bathroom, and I'm not convinced that the tea tray was repreplenished with fresh cups. These are little niggles. The room was comfortable. The hotel is very well located to explore Bath, the staff were very friendly, the breakfast was good value. We would return but would look out for cheaper rates.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JennieSteward, General Manager at Hilton Bath City, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Whoopsacook,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was truly sorry to read your comments relating to your bedroom during your recent stay. Please be assured that the observations you have raised regarding the housekeeping of the room will be addressed directly with the relevant head of department.

On a more positive note, I was pleased to read of your comments concerning your room, my team and the Hilton Breakfast.

Whoopsacook, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Without a doubt, this is the best in Bath, the hotel is very welcoming. The staff are really really nice and friendly. The room was spacious and good in size. The restaurant was nice and had good food.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Deepak P,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you have written following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your comments regarding my team, our rooms and the food offering in our restaurant. Please be assured that your lovely comments have been shared with my team.

Deepak P, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Excellent location. Room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. We had dinner at the restaurant, food was very good and very good value for money. Cocktails at the bar were also great, and the breakfast has a very good selection of food and drinks. Would definitely recommend

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Lara M,

Thank you for the great review you have conveyed following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read all of your comments and observations regarding my team, our Atelier Restaurant, the cocktails from the bar and also our Hilton Breakfast. Please be assured that all of your lovely comments have been shared with my team.

Lara M, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and I hope that we can welcome you back to the Hilton Bath in the future.

Kind Regards,

Sliema, Malta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed one night in Bath Hilton in August. Reception staff very friendly and welcoming, bedrooms OK but price for a standard double room I found exorbitant. Moreover the breakfast very mediocre! Definitely not value for money! Try somewhere else!

Room Tip: Our room was small considering what we paid for it. Would advise trying another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Alex G
Dear Alex G,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding our breakfast offering at Hilton Bath and please be assured your observations have been passed to my food and beverage team.

On a more positive note, thank you for your lovely comments regarding the reception team and I will ensure your comments are shared with them.

Alex G, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Bath hotels

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here for 1 night while visiting the city of Bath. Unfortunately we were extremely disappointed and wished we had not wasted our money and stayed elsewhere instead.

1. WAY overpriced - we could have booked the premier inn for a cheaper price wish we did
2. Rooms are tiny - smaller than travellodge
3. Bed is tiny - again smaller than your average travellodge which is unacceptable when charging £165 per night (This does not include breakfast!!)
4. Bathroom small - not very nice decor
5. Decor in room is poor
6. You can hear whats going on outside - not ideal for a good nights sleep

Hopefully that gives you some food for thought. My advice would be to stay elsewhere as you do not get value for money here. Staff were not even that friendly which I thought was bad for a Hilton. OK the location is good but it really is no different to a Premier Inn or Travellodge - both of which I believe are better!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank holidayheart
Dear holidayheart,

Thank you for your review.

First and foremost, please may I convey to you my sincere apologies for the disappointing stay you recently had at the Hilton Bath city. The room that you booked is advertised as a Double Hilton Compact room with a double bed, however I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with the size and ambience of the room.

I was also disappointed to read your comments in relation to the staff you encountered and have shared your observations with my team so that we may address any shortfalls in our customer service.

Holidayheart, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us.

Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

we recently came here for a afternoon champagne tea,the tea itself was very boring up to others we have had.ham rolls and dry salmon rolls! chocolate cakes and macaroons which were horrible.the young girl serving us was lovely and tried her best.ive had lots of afternoon teas in lots of hotels and this was the worst one.the hotel itself is very central in bath for exploring and not far from the train station.

Room Tip: don't go for afternoon tea!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Karen h,

Thank you for your review.

I was extremely disappointed to read of your dissatisfaction with the champagne afternoon tea you had recently at the hotel. Please be assured that we take all of our guests comments and observations seriously and this has been discussed with my Food & Beverage Manager and Head Chef.

On a more positive note, I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the waitress on the day.

Karen h, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great hotel & centrally placed for everything. We always used to stay at the Francis Hotel but that has gone downhill so badly over the last 2 years (find my reviews for it) that we decided to try an alternative.
Very efficient, professional and courteous staff from check-in to bar & restaurant service & room service.
Clean & well appointed rooms (they even moved us to a quiet rear facing room on request with no hassle whatsoever).
Overall; very impressed, would recommend to anyone and look forward our next visit.

Room Tip: Request a rear facing (quieter) room with river views.
Dear Dave Binman,

Thank you for the great review regarding your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read all of your comments but in particualr that the customer service you received from all of my team was efficient, professional and courteous. I am extremely proud of my team here at Hilton Bath and it gives me great pleasure to pass on your comments to them.

Dave Binman, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments regarding your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath in the near future.

Warm Regards,