“Very Good”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bath, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

International family reunion. It was all going off the rails until taken over by Vipul Kapur, Deputy Hotel Manager. From then on everything was very good, indeed. Only small criticism was rather high room rate. Otherwise, excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JennieSteward, General Manager at Hilton Bath City, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Mr Palmer,

Thank you so much for your delightful review on trip advisor following your recent family reunion at the Hilton Bath.

I understand that the event was a resounding success and thank you sincerely for your wonderful comments regarding Vipul's management of the situation and booking.

Mr Palmer, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was a bit concerned about the negative reviews after I booked the hotel and I don't share the negative opinions of those reviewers now I have stayed here. We had a family room of two double beds, and the sofa was also converted into a cot when I arrived in the room. The exterior is a bit bland, typical 70's brick-and-glass architecture that reminds me of my college dorm. But inside it's done up very nicely with modern interiors. Kids were given special activity packets arrival which is a very nice gesture. Breakfast was excellent as well. It may lack the historical charm of the many boutique hotels in Bath, but it is certainly a convenient place to stay. Everything was immaculate. It's next to a Waitrose and about 5 min on foot from the Roman Bath and the abbey. It also has underground parking so quite convenient for those traveling with a car. Very cheerful and friendly staff as well. Hotel guests can also take advantage of the terrace in the back of the hotel, which has amazing view of the Pulteney bridge and the river. I would not hesitate to stay here again .

1 Thank twodiamondmom
Dear twodiamondmom,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you have written following your recent stay at the Hilton Bath.

I was delighted to read your comments and observations regarding the hotel and truly appreciate you giving us a chance despite some personal opinions from other reviewers resulting in negative reviews.

I do hope that your children enojyed there stay with us and also the sights of Bath. I was pleased to read that breakfast was excellent and that the room allocated to you was suitable for your family.

I will also convey your comments to my team in regards to your observations on their cheerful and friendly service and thank you for those comments.

Twodiamondmom, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and hope that we can welcome you back to the Hilton Bath in the future.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The hotel room was small but clean, the bed was uncomfortable, a hard mattress and only a double in size, would have expected better sleeping facilities.
The hotel drinks very expensive, two large glasses of wine approx £20
Breakfast average, but a good choice
No free wi fi
Had to pay £15 to park the car over night

Dear Sandra P,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Hilton Bath City.

I was disappointed to read your comments and observations regarding the size of your bedroom and the uncomfortableness and size of our mattress. The room which you had booked is a Double Hilton Compact which is one of our slightly smaller rooms and has a double bed. All of our mattresses were brand new just under 12 months ago and are slightly on the firm side. I appreciate that a firm mattress is not to everyone's liking and sincerely apologise if this caused you any inconvenience or discomfort.

I have also noted your comments regarding the charges for beverage, wifi and car parking and thank you for commenting on these.

Sandra P, we appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us.

Allison Park, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel had the smallest hotel room I have ever seen. Only there 1 night so it did not matter much but I could barely open my suitcase. Beautiful restaurant area, nice lobby, next door to Waitrose grocery store, can walk to Roman Baths and other areas of interest.

Dear Mary Ellen B,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Hilton Bath City.

I was sorry to read that the size of the room allocated to you was not to your satisfaction and apologise if this caused you any inconvenience.

On a more positive note, I was pleased to read that you were pleased with our restaurant area and that the location of the hotel was convenient for your visit to the Roman Baths and other areas of interest.

Mary Ellen B, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Bath in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night and generally hotel is what is expected for a modern city centre. The location of the hotel is excellent being few minutes walk from Romans Baths and other tourists sites. There is parking with the hotel at a price of £15 but do bear in mind if you use the car and have to leave the car park it will be £15 everytime you use the car park.
Room was a little small but we did only choose the compact double room. One point of irritation was lack of free wifi for a room costing over £150 per night was probbaly not great... bUt overall hotel was good enough for a short stay like for us and with close proximity to Bath centre..

Dear K L,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at the Hilton Bath City.

I was pleased to read that the location of the hotel was excellent in terms of proximity to the Roman Baths and other tourist sites and that our hotel was generally what you had expected.

I have noted your observations regarding the WiFi at the hotel which is currently under review by our Hilton Head Office.

As you have rightly pointed out, the £15.00 charge at the Podium Car Park is per exit and whilst I appreciate if you take your car out each day it will be more than the £15.00, if you are able to leave your car for the duration it works out as extremely good value for money.

K L, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

A bit disappointing. A bit noisy and an issue with the lift which was resolved. The bar was slow a I had to ask for the bill three times whilst staff chatted amongst themselves at reception. Travelodge service at Hilton rates and wifi extra. No thanks.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Blackdiamondfrog,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us at Hilton Bath.

I was truly disappointed to read your comments regarding your stay and more importantly your comments concerning my team. This is not the level of customer service that is normally displayed at my hotel and please be assured that your observations have been conveyed to the relevant heads of department for immediate review.

Blackdiamondfrog, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and I do hope that we will be able to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Bath and restore your faith in our customer service.

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The location for this hotel is spot on - very close to town, next to Waitrose and a couple of nice coffee shops. Very easy to visit the Roman Baths and the other touristy places. Everything was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We didn't have a bath in the bathroom which was a bit disappointing, but the shower was perfectly decent.

We stayed in a twin room at the back of the hotel, so we could just about see the Pulteney Bridge and the river. We'd asked for a quiet room, but we were given a room very close to the lifts so we had to suffer incredibly inconsiderate people yelling their way to their rooms from the lift all night (I think there was a wedding at the hotel that day, so I assume they were guests). If we had been there two nights, we would have asked to be moved.

Breakfast was ok - the food tasted quite low quality and things like the bacon and sausages weren't great. Bearing in mind you have to pay for breakfast, I'd hoped for something a bit better than this. The Hilton also persist in charging for WiFi which I find surprising in this day and age.

The thing that saved this hotel from a very lower mark was the staff. The receptionist was fantastic, really welcoming and warm, and the waitress we had at breakfast was equally cheery. Genuinely lovely people.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel has views over the river - the higher the better.