Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$229
US$222
US$337
US$319
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$186
US$169
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$182
  • Room Service
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$222
US$129
US$125
Dukes Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
Official Site
2,428 results
All reviewsbrasserie blancfeature roomqueen squarecar parklovely hotelafternoon teasuperior roomclassic roomcentral locationnespresso machineper nightthird floorbed was very comfortableroyal crescentmain attractionswithin easy walking distanceeggs benedict
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Just returned from a very enjoyable stay at The Francis Hotel. We could not fault the hotel; its staff were all pleasant and helpful, the room (at the front) had a lovely view of the square, was comfortable and well appointed and not noisy, and the breakfast was particularly good - nice to have the hot food freshly cooked and a plentiful buffet with lots of fresh fruit, fruit compotes and smoothies, as well as the usual pastries etc. The hotel is well situated, within a short walk of all the sights, shops, bars and restaurants. We would recommend it and will return.
One small problem was that we telephoned the hotel on their Bath number to make our booking and were automatically put through to an Indian call centre at a charge of 10p a minute! Communication was difficult and they did not seem to understand our request for a particular room. We feel this service lets down an otherwise exemplary hotel. Having booked with the call centre we did then email the hotel with our requests which we were pleased to find on arrival were granted.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
FrancisBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments about your stay at the Francis Hotel.

I am sorry that you had concerns when you were making the booking prior to your stay. Our in-house reservation team work from 8.00am until 6.30pm during the week. Should you call during this time or at the weekend and the line is busy it is automatically directed to our Central Reservations Team. I am very sorry that this was not as helpful as it perhaps could have been and I have passed on your concerns. I am pleased to see that your requests were carried out on your arrival.

Kind regards
John Willcock

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Positives: Great bed and pillows. Great location in the city centre (although Bath is so tiny, you are never going to be far away). Nice decor.

Negatives: extra £15 to use the car park is cheeky (and you can't stay beyond 2pm the day you leave - we had to move our car to a public car park to avoid paying another £3 per hour in the hotel car park). A little bit expensive overall - we didn't eat or drink in the hotel because there are much cheaper places to eat round the corner. The light shade above the bed was full of dust and the drinks tray was unclean.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback following your stay. I am pleased that you liked the bedding and décor in the Hotel.
Parking in Bath is a premium and we try to use our limited car park at the rear of the Hotel to the best advantage for the convenience of our guests, which at weekends, can be challenging.
I am very sorry that some areas in the room were not satisfactorily cleaned. This is an area that we are currently focussing on and I am confident that concerns such as this will not be a problem again.
Kind regards
John Willcock

Reviewed 3 January 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel after having a great experience at hotel muse in Bangkok which is another M series hotel. None the less we were equally satisfied with the quality of the room, amenities and fixtures. The room was spacious for an entry level room located on the ground floor however was quiet, light and a great size.
The bed was extremely comfortable, breakfast had a great selection and had an early check in and late check out.

We would stay here again without hesitation

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
FrancisBath, Interim General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Francis after spending time at the Hotel Muse in Bangkok. It looks wonderful! I do hope we will see you again when you are next in Bath.

Kind regards - Nicholas Bees

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Great location and excellent staff who were more than helpful. We booked a "Feature" room - the best available but were surprised that there was no bath, just a shower. We asked if we could move and were shown a lower grade room which had a bath, also a view of the square and all in all was just as good as the "better" room. We saved about £30 per night so if you want a bath remember to ask when you book as I perhaps should have done. The staff were very helpful and also managed to find a phone charger for us. Parking seems pricey at £15 per day but in Bath that is not bad and so much more convenient. The revamp the hotel has had is all pretty good though the arrangement of the seating in the lounges could be improved as it is all a bit structured in sections and not as welcoming as I think it could be. Perhaps a few comfy sofas would help. But overall I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Brasserie Blanc is good and in the same building and if you prefer a restaurant/wine bar try Beaujolais just round the corner - it is excellent.

Room Tip: Overlooking the square must be best and it is not noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review, I’m delighted you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes - Nicholas Bees

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Date of stay Sunday 9th Dec 2012

I will keep this short and sweet so not to bore you.

I booked this hotel after days of googling Bath and I must say it was perfect.

Very clean throughout, Staff very polite, Room was amazing, ask whether you can be upgraded, If they are not busy they will do it free. This was to a feature room with 4 poster bed etc...

There is a door straight through to Raymond Blanc's Restaurant so dont bother booking any where else to eat.

Only one small thing I would watch out for is this:

We parked out side on the square and the receptionist said "dont worry park in our car park around the back" Bit tight but very safe, but only to discover £15 charge was added to our bill

Just would of been nice to of been told about this, and you have to leave by 2pm, we were shopping all day and the manager was very nice and aloud us to park there for the whole day.

Thanks for reading

Room Tip: always ask for an upgrade to a "feature Room"
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

I’m glad you had a good time at the Hotel. I am really very sorry if you weren’t aware of the charge for the car park; it really isn’t something that we are hiding! I think the Receptionist wrongly assumed that you knew (most people would prefer to be in the car park as they don’t need to leave to feed the meters). There is a large sign before you enter the car park detailing the prices. I am pleased that the car park wasn’t busy and you were able to stay longer. I hope we see you on yor next trip to Bath.

Kind regards - Nicholas Bees