“Great hotel and friendly staffs”

Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Only spent 1 night there, staffs were friendly and helpful. Rooms are up to standard as others described though the bathroom is a bit cold during our stay and it was around <15 degrees.
Only 10-15 mins walk to most major attractions and dining places. I would recommend to other travellers but can try your parking luck elsewhere before handing over the car to them since the rate is quite pricy for 1 day when compared with the neighbourhood car parks.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
FrancisBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review; I do hope you had an enjoyable time in Bath. The car park at the Hotel is limited and we recommend for guests arriving by car to drop off their luggage with us and to try Charlotte Street car park, which is located on the opposite side of the Square, especially at weekends: this is £8.50 per 24 hours. I do hope we see you on your next visit to Bath

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We chose Francis Hotel for a 4 day accommodation and were astonished by the welcoming, warm and professional staff. This is what customer service should be: speedy, kind, efficient. There aren't words. We requested heaters because we felt the room was a bit cold for our taste and they brought us some radiators in no time. I have to repeat this 'no time' at all. I don't know how they did it whether they flew up the stairs or by magic but 30 seconds was all to solve our issue. The food in the hotel is only made fresh and they insist on keeping a minimum of ready made items in the buffet. Breakfast according to them HAS TO BE made fresh to your liking in the morning and it doesn't take long. I tried pushing my lack asking for two 4 minute soft boiled eggs and they didn't even hesitate in making just that. I absolutely fell in love with their fruit salad. I would even pay room service just to have it again and again. Fresh and cool and absolutely lovely every single day. No canned fruits just apples and berries and orange and passion fruit in lovely juice. Funniest thing there was a painting on the ceiling above the bed ! I was also astonished by the cleanliness of the bathroom. I went in showered clumsily for a long time and then got my bath robe and left it as is and honestly thought it would remain messy until next morning. Little did I know... They must be using really good detergents because after 30 minutes I couldn't find a trace of water inside the cubicle. Not even a dried drop somewhere to prove it was used recently. Must be a combination of detergents and the vileroy &boch materials used in the making of these showers. It was the closest thing to my dream house I have ever seen. It is a bit pricey according to some but so VERY VERY worth the money. Loved it:)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank smiling890

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Francis; it was wonderful to read your review. It is a fabulous morale booster and we hope you return to visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

This hotel is lovely, only minutes away from all the main attractions and opposite the stop for the tour bus. The hotel has been completely refurbished to a very high standard and rooms are stylish and comfortable. Staff are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble.
Breakfast can be a bit slow but was worth waiting for and they were prepared to serve after the 10am deadline.
A great place to stay , would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The Blanc Brasserie is next door and accessible from the hotel but I would look further afield as th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. My team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. We stayed here a while ago and at the time it was a little tired but it recently has had a makeover and is superb.

The staff are excellent and nothing was too much trouble. My wife is disabled and they reserved a parking space for us and gave us a ground floor room.

The hotel is much better than its star rating suggests. The rating suffers because the hotel does not have a pool or spa so cannot get a higher rating.

If you are staying in Bath I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Ian H

Thank you very much for your positive review and your recommendations. Come back soon!

Kind regards - John Willcock

Reviewed 26 June 2013

The hotel's location makes Bath very accessible. All of the staff were very friendly and pleasant and the standard of my room was up to scratch. Would most likely stay in here again if i came back to bath.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidSpalds
FrancisBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for your review. I do hope we see you again very soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We booked this hotel from the website which was an accurate depiction of the hotel. The lobby was small but opened into the tea room area which was spacious which filled up for afternoon tea. The decor was modern and that may turn some people off but we found it a nice change from the boring old english hotels. Staff was super helpful and pleasant to talk to.

Rooms were also comfortable and given this was an converted old building had the expected crooked door frames and ceilings which added to the charm of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brad h

It is lovely to see that you have had such a good time at the Francis and appreciate the décor and the staff. Come back again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Beautifully decorated hotel in a good location for visiting Bath.
The bar and reception staff were friendly and helpful.
Unfortunately the breakfast service was awful. The buffet selection was minimal as items had run out and were not readily replaced. Our cooked breakfast took 35 minutes to arrive, and we had already waited 10 minutes to be seated and 20 minutes for our order to be taken. Maybe this was a staffing issue and hopefully not a regular occurence.

Room Tip: rooms at the front can be noisy from traffic and revellers. Our room at the back was quiet although...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank smcs_12

Thank you for sending in a review following your stay; I am delighted that you found the bar and reception staff to be friendly and helpful although very disappointed to read your comments regarding breakfast. We treat all comments with the utmost seriousness and will be investigating the matter accordingly. I do hope you will return to the Francis Hotel Bath at some time in the future.