Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel
US$468
US$373
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$232
US$216
  • Pool
US$216
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$220
US$207
Agoda.com
2,448 results
All reviewsbrasserie blancfeature roomqueen squarecar parklovely hotelsuperior roomafternoon teaclassic roomcentral locationnespresso machineper nightthird floorbed was very comfortableroyal crescentmain attractionswithin easy walking distanceeggs benedict
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Modern hotel but with some traditional touches, so still v relaxing - superb location, nice room, v clean, delicious bed linen, lovely touches in room like espresso machine, v helpful and knowledgeable staff, nice bar, nibbles and generally v well looked after - v nice breakfast.

Room Tip: I suspect all the rooms are v good - but you could ask for one with a view of the square at the front.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
FrancisBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments and I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Wonderfully located, Bath isn't a big city and all the main must-see features are within easy walking distance of the hotel. Taking a classic Georgian building with its large rooms and big spaces and converting it into a hotel with as many rooms as possible does mean that some things have to give. You'd expect to find sloping floors, small quirky room features and limited window area with restricted views. We got the full set in the room we were given unfortunately.

The air conditioning was terribly noisy but otherwise the room was quiet with no noise ingress; the bed comfortable and other facilities to a good standard.

Staying on a Saturday night one expects to be charged more than the room is really worth but it was my choice so no one to blame but me. £239 for room only with an extra £15 for car parking though will certainly colour my thinking when next staying in Bath. We did get a complimentary drink voucher ( perhaps as I'd booked using my Accor hotels platinum membership) although there was some discussion and lack of agreement among the staff as to exactly what drink qualified as being complimentary. Things like that shouldn't happen, they're embarrassing for the hotel staff and the guest.

The hotel staff were otherwise faultless. It's a fine hotel but not, in my view, a great one.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback following your stay. I’m pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and I have taken on board your comment regarding the drinks voucher; you are absolutely correct and this has been addressed. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Francis.
Kind regards
John Willcock – General Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Me and my husband stayed in this wonderful hotel for 4 days, and wow we was blown away everything was just perfect, couldn't fault a single thing. The hotel was spotless the room was lovely and the pillows were just heaven I even enquired where they purchased them from as I definitely wanted to invest in a couple for home. The hotel itself was in the perfect location everything was at hand for the shops, Roman baths, hop on tour bus, Jane Austen centre and the Circus, wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to my family and friends for the perfect getaway break, will definitely be visiting again

Mr & mars lord.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
FrancisBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

We look forward to seeing you again and thank you very much for all your recommendations.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with the location of the hotel and the grandeur, but we did have some problems with the room (the rain shower-head fell out of the ceiling) and although the general hotel staff were amazing, the Management were not as courteous as I'd expect from a hotel like this. Overall a good stay, the only negatives (apart from the attitude of the Managers when dealing with our complaint) was the noisy air conditioning/heating unit in the room and that there were a few over-sites on the cleanliness of the superior room we stayed in. If you want to stay in a Regency property this is the place - a wonderful location and a luxurious hotel. I would recommend it to anyone heading to Bath.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for posting your thoughts following your stay in March. I was extremely sorry that you experienced a problem with the shower in the room; this was such a shame. Thank you very much for your recommendations.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Spent a night here, and it was a really nice place. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and our room was good, kind of classically designed, spotlessly clean. Layout of hotel is quirky as it comprises a number of old houses, which adds some charm. Breakfast was varied and good. The real plus is the location, which couldn't be better for central Bath. Parking was £15, but very convenient and not that much more than messing around with the public long stay nearby. Would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room faced a side road and was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

It is great to see that you had a good time and enjoyed your stay with us. I hope it won’t be long before you return.
Kind regards