Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$209
  • Breakfast included
US$273
US$264
US$559
US$522
Agoda.com
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$232
  • Restaurant
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$246
Dukes Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$217
Official Site
2,425 results
All reviewsbrasserie blancfeature roomqueen squarecar parklovely hotelafternoon teasuperior roomclassic roomcentral locationnespresso machineper nightthird floorbed was very comfortableroyal crescentmain attractionswithin easy walking distanceeggs benedict
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Wonderful location from which to explore Bath.Lovely food, both at breakfast and in the Blanc Brasserie. We were offered a room facing the square by reception on check in but in reality given a room at the back which was a little disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Emer C
FrancisBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for sending a review. I am so pleased you enjoyed the food in the Hotel and Brasserie. I am sorry, however, that you weren’t given a front facing room, it such a shame you didn’t speak to Reception to find out if there was one available.
Kind regards – John Willcock

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We just got back from staying at this hotel, and boy was I glad to get home!
We booked this hotel due to the good reviews, however I should have been more careful when looking at the ones that didn't rate as excellent!
we paid a massive £200 for 1 night bed and breakfast to stay here.....and I can honestly say that I wish I had just booked a premier inn.
First the good points - all staff were very friendly, welcoming and attentive - especially in the breakfast room.
A box of 3 chocolates were waiting for us in the room with a note to wish us a happy anniversary - nice point.
We went out in the evening, and when we came back, the bed had been turned down and the TV was set to a music channel....a nice touch.
The décor was good - but signs of wear were starting to show - even though the website says its just been re-done.
The breakfast was good, although not as extensive as I would have liked for £20 each....it did all taste very nice though.
Problems -
we were facing the square, and on initial inspection, everything looked OK. I was slightly disappointed that we didn't get upgraded, as I know they had better rooms available.

Things didn't turn bad until we tried to get to sleep.....firstly, with reviews saying the beds were good - I wasn't expecting such a bad back....the bed was hard....and you could feel dips where the pillow-top had been worn down.
Then there was the noise.....the relentless noise. First we were woken up by a group of boys on the way home from a night out who may as well have been in the room with us.....then, the never ending traffic. There are reviews about the noise and it really is bad - take earplugs with you. (I must say - I can usually stick a bit of noise - I normally sleep on long haul flights all the way through!)
So after only a few hours sleep, the internal noise starts - early risers (by early....I mean EARLY) slamming the doors and maids trolleys rolling past.....I don't drink coffee, but I ordered one at breakfast just to keep me awake!
So in an obvious bad mood, I started noticing things which just should have been taken care of.....there was missing paint around where the towel rail fixed to the wall.......yellowing of grout in the shower and around the shower screen, the shower screen and wall not cleaned properly, off colour marks on the back of the bathroom door around the handle and magazines covering up marks on the desk.
These all may sound like petty little things.....but they are simple to sort out - and for the amount I paid, I expect not to find them in the first place.
When checking out, we did mention the issues about the noise and bed.....and apart from saying she would pass on our comments, that was it. Bit miffed, considering another review details a previous guest had also complained about the noise and was given free parking (normally costing £15).....we still had our room service bill to pay of £24.....why give one guest compensation and not the other? - even a discount off our bill as a good will gesture would have satisfied us.
So, overall.....I would not return, I would not recommend.....and because the stay in its entirety did not represent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BlackMountainRachael
FrancisBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for sending in a review following your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t up to expectations; we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I would very much like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you call me on 01225 424105.
Kind regards – John Willcock

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Delicious cream tea with a glass of champagne in lovely comfortable surroundings. Attentive friendly service, the only thing that would have improved it would have been for it to be served with real china.

Stayed: August 2014

I am delighted that you enjoyed your cream tea in the Hotel. I have taken on board your comments regarding the crockery and hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our anniversary and couldn't believe our luck! First class service from the moment we arrived, staff a credit to the hotel. Our superior room had everything we needed with a gloriously comfortable bed. A delicious and very reasonably priced meal in the evening at the Brasserie Blanc. Breakfast buffet in the morning comprised of a vast array of goodies to choose from. Location can't be bettered as it's less than a minute from Milsom Street. Will definitely choose MGallery hotels from now on. Thank you to all the wonderful staff.

• Stayed: August 2014

It was wonderful to read your review and a great boost to everyone’s morale. Thank you and I hope it won’t be too long before you come back.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel is amazing! The location is excellent, the decor superb, and the staff friendly and welcoming. The rooms are pristine and the decor finds the perfect balance between Bath Georgian and quirky individuality. Only the delights of Bath could pull you away from the comfort of the bed and the luxurious bathroom was perfect to prepare for a hectic day of sightseeing.
Had drinks in the bar before going out for the evening and the ambience was great.
The staff were really friendly and helpful.
We will definitely be returning. Can't wait!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

We can’t wait to welcome you back! Thank you for your kind words.