1,610 results
All reviewsart barski barallium restaurantroman bathsperfect locationmanvers streetlovely hotelcar parktrain stationno air conditioninghotel barchristmas marketbooked this hotelsmall roomone night staythermae spaafternoon tea
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Our room was comfortable (although a bit hot without A/C in a heat wave) and very conveniently located. Parking was a challenge due to the limited number of spaces and the cost, but once that was handled, everything in Bath in within walking distance. The staff was friendly. There are many restaurants nearby. Street noise and seagulls disturbed our sleep, but I imagine that happens nearly everywhere in this town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
abbeyhoteloperations, Owner at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Eliz375

Thank you for your review following your stay in the summer when we were enjoying a very unusual heat wave, I am sorry if the room temperature was a little hot but if we are lucky enough to enjoy a great summer next year we will certainly have this resolved.

Hope that we can welcome you back to Bath when you are next travelling in the UK.

Kind Regards

The Abbey Hotel Team

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I arranged to meet my disabled friend from overseas who was staying at your hotel for her holidays.
Due to bad weather I arrived too late for lunch (my disabled mother was also with me) – I called my friend to let her know we would be late. She told me she would meet us in the lounge.
On arrival I found that she had been unable to wait in the lounge/bar due to a group who had ‘Booked’ this venue. This meant that she had had to wait several hours in the dining room. We joined her at her table there.
We were having drinks and talking and then asked to move as the ‘Group’ needed our table as they would not have enough space elsewhere. We were then allowed into the Bar area after the ‘Group’ moved into the dining room!!
We arranged to have dinner in the restaurant after the ‘Group’ were settled in and on their first course.
We decided to eat from the ‘Table d’Hote’ menu. One of the Team Leaders in the dining room boasted that you hold 3AA star rosettes – I do not know this was achieved? My plate was cold and the fish not very warm. I did not complain as I did not want to upset my friend.

She ordered the pear and frangipan dessert and found a bristle from a pastry brush in this. I persuaded her to send it back – she was given a replacement with a lukewarm apology.

I called my friend on Saturday about 3.30pm and discovered that again she could not use the bar/lounge for her cucumber sandwiches as it had once again been booked for a ‘Group’ for a lecture and would have to eat them in her room!!

I would not use this hotel or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christine7000
abbeyhoteloperations, Owner at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Christine 7000

I appreciated the opportunity to speak with your friend whilst you were staying with us, the opportunity to discuss your stay personally was greatly appreciated. It was regrettable that a group had requested private use of the lounge areas, this is most certainly not the norm and we will ensure it is managed more sympathetically in the future.

With kind regards

Ian Taylor

Reviewed 9 November 2013

A restful weekend break good service and a convenient position for Bath's amenities but parking is in public car park and a little expensive. Dining is in pleasant surroundings and quality of food and service was excellent. As was pre drinks in the hotel bar.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in late October. Hotel is located in the heart of the city, within 2 blocks of the train and bus stations.

Hotel was clean; the room was comfortable and temperature controlled. Very quiet - we did not hear any activity from the hall or other rooms. Staff were friendly and accommodating.

Breakfast was above average and included in the price of the hotel - there is a cold buffet and a large a la carte selection including smoked salmon, eggs benedict, etc

Do not be put off by the fact that it is part of a chain of hotels. It looks like and is run like a boutique hotel. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
abbeyhoteloperations, Guest Relations Manager at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Diane

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience and as you say we are perfectly located for exploring the city.

Your comments about the hotel feeling like a boutique property are very accurate we are in fact under private ownership with a very hands on approach which we are delighted to hear you felt came across.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

The Abbey Hotel

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My fiance and I have enjoyed our trip to Bath. The hotel stay has been pleasant. It has been made even better by Jenny, the receptionist. who upon arrival was so helpful, polite and genuine. She took the service from a 3 to a 5.
The bar service was good and the breakfast service was a bit hit and miss, but overall a 3.
We would recommend it for location, although the room was on the snug side.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Duncan B

Thank you for the kind words about your recent stay with us, Jenny was delighted to get a special mention and very pleased that she helped to make your stay enjoyable.
Some of our rooms are quite cosy, when you come to stay again we can recommend the next size up to give you more space.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back

Best wishes