1,611 results
All reviewsart barski barallium restaurantroman bathsperfect locationmanvers streetlovely hotelcar parktrain stationno air conditioninghotel barchristmas marketbooked this hotelsmall roomone night staythermae spaafternoon tea
Reviewed 12 November 2013

great location. i expected the hotel and the room to be more spectacular, like the pictures online. can tell it's an old place but it's clean and nice. large rooms have a huge bed, makes you feel like you're melting. a bit noisy because of ventilation system and some technical staff who opened our door when we were in the room... good breakfast, didn't like the juices though. go for scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. yummy

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
abbeyhoteloperations, Owner at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Lulia L

Your review is very much appreciated thank you, delighted to hear how much you enjoyed breakfast too. If you do see a particular room on the website please do ask our reservation team if it is available for you at the time of booking.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed for a weekend Christmas shopping with a friend, very friendly staff and hotel was comfortable and clean, only criticism is that one member of the reception staff kept me waiting while she finished texting on her mobile phone before asking if she could assist.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel is in a good location, literally less then 5 minutes from bath spa station, and theme bath spa. Stayed 2 nights with my boyfriend the service was good, very friendly and the hotel was nice also, its right in the middle of everything has me and my partner didn't drive up so the hotel located in the main city. We did a tour to Stonehenge also and the coach stops right outside our hotel, so the whole trip we didn't have to catch a cab everything right near. The only down hill I can think of is there a construction site opposite so early mornings u may hear them. Other than that I really enjoyed my stay and defo be back

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Chrissy

Thank you for your kind words, delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our great location that makes exploring Bath so easy! Please accept our apologies for the noise you experienced this building work will be completed next week.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had the pre concert dinner at the Abbey Hotel last Saturday and it was a great experience. The staff were charming and very helpful even though the hotel was clearly busy.
As a recently diagnosed coeliac, I am very anxious about eating our because even a tiny amount of gluten makes me very very ill. However, the waiter was very knowledgable, the menu, though short, offered me several safe choices and the food was delicious. Between the four of us we sampled most of the available options and each was well balanced and beautifully cooked. I was even offered gluten free bread.
A lovely start to the evening - thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
abbeyhoteloperations, Owner at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear GFGranny

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it is not always easy to be restricted to dietary guidelines especially when you want to go out and have some fun. We are delighted that our menu worked for you and that you had a great evening. The early supper menu runs every day so do come back and see us again.

The Allium Team

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Our room was comfortable (although a bit hot without A/C in a heat wave) and very conveniently located. Parking was a challenge due to the limited number of spaces and the cost, but once that was handled, everything in Bath in within walking distance. The staff was friendly. There are many restaurants nearby. Street noise and seagulls disturbed our sleep, but I imagine that happens nearly everywhere in this town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Eliz375

Thank you for your review following your stay in the summer when we were enjoying a very unusual heat wave, I am sorry if the room temperature was a little hot but if we are lucky enough to enjoy a great summer next year we will certainly have this resolved.

Hope that we can welcome you back to Bath when you are next travelling in the UK.

Kind Regards