The Abbey Hotel
US$205
US$288
US$216
  • Pool
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$147
US$120
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
The Bath Priory(Bath)
US$346
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$111
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
1,551 results
All reviewsart barski barallium restaurantroman bathsperfect locationmanvers streetno air conditioninglovely hotelcar parktrain stationhotel barchristmas marketbooked this hotelone night stayafternoon teathermae spadouble room
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We booked 4 rooms for our daughters wedding. Wonderful location and such a lovely hotel. One of our guests had two little children with her - the check in receptionist was so helpful and polite - so nice after a long and difficult drive. Our wedding was early and we asked if it was possible for us to have our room for a further day - the system said the hotel was fully booked and to ask after breakfast when the 'day' staff arrived. By the time we had finished breakfast they had re-arranged it and we were accommodated! We cannot speak highly enough about the hotel and staff, from check-in to housekeeping. Only one member of staff let the hotel down - such a shame - however everyone else definitely made up for it. We plan on returning for a longer stay and enjoy being there without the 'stress' of a wedding. Yes- the building work is going on but it really doesn't spoil anything - that's part of life.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. I was aware that the lift was being refurbished but didn't think that would matter so much. What I wasn't told either on booking, or on the rather brusque check in, was that the basement had work going on as well. When I arrived in my room at 4:20pm - a room just above the basement where the work was happening - there was a note advising you of the work going on between 9am and 4pm. The window in my room was covered with a film depicting a hot air balloon - this blanked out the view of the basement with all of the building materials. It also made the room dark and I couldn't open the window because of the noise! I asked to be moved and explained that I wished to work from my room before check out at 11am in the morning and could do with some natural light and less noise. I was then put on the 3rd floor. At 9am the next morning the (lovely and polite) workmen were in the corridor outside and the roof above my room. They explained that they were upgrading the plumbing throughout the hotel. They were very apologetic and noted the irony of my 'do not disturb' sign! If only the hotel had been a bit more honest about the extent of the work they were having done. Admittedly they wouldn't have had my booking this time, but they would have had my future bookings. On a positive the breakfast and staff serving it were lovely.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 6 February 2014

After a recent visit for dinner with a group of Bath accommodation owners I was so impressed that I bought my son back for a treat. We went for the fixed price early dinner option and for the quality of the food and service offered it was a bargain. Delightful belly of pork was followed with the best sticky toffee pudding ever. I wish I could describe the wonderful flavours involved, you will just have to experience it yourself!
Welcoming reception staff and friendly and helpful waiting staff complete the experience and we will be back for more.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We were part of the same group as below (19 people ranging from 14 months to 70 years old) and have to say that we don't agree with their review at all. The food was good and very fairly priced at £15 for 2 courses and £21 for 3. The desserts in particular were highly remarked upon. The staff were courteous and professional. Their assistance in the pre-planning of the event (two birthdays and three generations of the same family) was brilliant and they couldn't have been more helpful, even allowing us to bring in our own birthday cakes at the end of the meal. It would seem one of our guests did not enjoy the food but the event, the venue and the lunch was a great success, aided by The Allium and its staff. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

You would have thought that Bath was overflowing with tearooms - wrong! On researching afternoon tea for my friend's birthday, the Allium Brasserie at the Bath Abbey Hotel came up, so we went there today. Lovely choice of sandwiches, warm scones and plenty of cream and jam. Lovely service too (on the day and when I booked over the phone), and they provided plenty of coffee as we didn't want tea. A very good choice; I would recommend this to locals and tourists alike, and we will definitely return again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
abbeyhoteloperations, Owner at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Jayne_H_W

Delighted to read your review of Afternoon Tea, you are so right Bath has a multitude of venues so we have set our stall out to offer something a little bit special and I am delighted to read from your comments that you enjoyed the experience.

If you can visit again in May we are offering a Bath in Fashion Afternoon tea which will be very special indeed.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards