“Good price for this classy spot.”

Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Bath
Los Angeles, California
“Good price for this classy spot.”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Enjoyed staying here one night. Got a pretty good deal for this nice hotel. A little ways away from Bath, but shouldn't pose much of a problem if you have a car.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Midlands
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Hotel is located off a winding country track with a steep slope (not sure how traffic would fare in winter time) but its height provides exceptional views around. Very spacious inside, quite a grand building and well cared-for, it seems the ideal location for a wedding reception or formal ball.

Check-in went smooth, room spacious (I had the corner one in the website photo) with onsuite and a waist-height huge sturdy four-poster bed that gave me a good couple of nights' kip. Bar snack first night was quite generous (only a burger, but came with plenty of chips and large side salad), delivered quickly. Mid-meal a pianist came in to play and created quite a tranquil relaxing environment. I didn't avail myself of complimentary tea/coffee provided around the bar, but staff were always on hand to serve.

I ate in the main restaurant for the second night; as I didn't order any starter I was provided with a small complimentary sample of carrot soup whilst I await the main course. Service was attentive and timely yet unpressured; I enjoyed my meal and never felt rushed to leave the table.

I had some issues with the internet speed being variable (and terribly slow in some cases) - but that was minor. A place like this is not an internet cafe!

Overall, I would escape to a place like this for a weekend break away just to relax and collect my thoughts. A wonderful peaceful stay. I would easily return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank PreacherKane
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This hotel is in an excellent position for visiting Bath and gives good value for money. Better to have bed and breakfast though rather than room only as breakfast costs £9.95 but has a good selection of food. The restaurant is rather gloomy and would be much better on the other side of the hotel where the views are lovely and would encourage guests to eat at the hotel rather than go down the road to the local pub (food is very good there though)! There is good access to the Kennet and Avon canal where walking is very easy and flat.
To get to the hotel go via Bath roads from M4 or from Bradford on Avon. Our sat nav took us through some very narrow roads as we visited Lacock Abbey prior to going to the hotel so beware.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annabelle39
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend as we were visiting Longleat on the Saturday which made our journey alot shorter. It is a lovely hotel, very beautiful location and perfect for a peaceful private few days away. It is situated close enough to Bath but nice to come away from the City for a quite nights sleep.

Our room was very nice- although on the small side. It stay was in conjunction with a free night stay so i didnt expect the best room in the hotel. The restaurant and bar is lovely. We stayed for a few drinks and had bar food for dinner which was impressive for just bar food. The hall ways in the hotel are very dated however the main reception area is very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stiggles
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My best friend and I visited the Best Western at Limpley Stoke Sunday 7th August 2011. Lovely looking hotel on arrival, with a pub at the bottom of the short driveway. Beautiful views, which due to the weather were slightly tarnished. We checked in with a lovely, helpful young lady , who was very friendly, professional and informative. The lift reminded me of a guest house I stayed in once when visiting blackpool. I did chuckle at the fact that they had artexed the lift ceiling. The decor wasn't to my taste, but fitted nicely with the history of the hotel. We stayed in room 19. this room had a double and single bed. My friend loved her bed, soft and sumptuous. I prefer a slightly firmer bed, nonetheless slept well. Very warm and inviting room, warm at night, the bathroom was very clean with all the little necessities you may have forgotten.

We had lunch in the bar - we opted for the fish and chips - we can highly recommend this meal - delicious is an understatement. Bar service was a bit slow, no one actually in the bar, so I had to order at reception, not a problem though as once they knew we were sat there, a barman promptly cmae and served. We ordered the Sauvingnon Blanc - The Kings Favour, priced at £19.95 a bottle. very drinkable and palatable - complimented our meal very well.

Make sure you take cash as there is no cash points nearby - We both felt like real "townies" although obviously the hotel took card on checkout.

Evening meal - I enjoyed mine very much, my friend had the hake and said it looked beautiful, however it was watery - shame really. Breakfast on the Monday was very nice, Buffet style - we both really enjoyed until it came to the coffee - AVOID! it was horrid. but then again it was a good excuse to be able to go to Bath for a wander and enjoy lovely coffee and sights.

All in all a very nice trip - would I go back - Yes.
Hope this helps.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank thomas0277
England
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed here just for one night at a family wedding reception. The reception was well organised, the food was very good and staff were attentive and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and have great views over the country side.
Breakfast was a little disappointing, too slow to replenish buffet but overall a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JaneyG_10
Horley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed over night at the hotel as our friends had their reception there. Our room was adequate for what we needed. It was clean and the bed was comfy. We overlooked the garden and the train line which was fine even with the windows open. It wasn't like staying near Waterloo or anything!
We had a fab evening in the bar and reception room but I can imagine that it would have been noisy if you were staying there for any other reason!
Breakfast was good and kept us going all day until we got home.
Checking in and out were easy so no complaints there.
Overall a good stay.
Not sure that this would be the ideal location if you were visiting Bath as it's a fair drive away, but if your looking for a setting in the countryside just outside then this would do the job.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends