Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
US$186
US$173
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$215
  • Pool
The Bath Priory(Bath)
US$371
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$220
US$207
Agoda.com
1,240 results
All reviewshop pole innwedding coordinatorwedding venuelovely old buildingbuffet styleminute drivelovely hotelwater pressurelocal pubkippersone night staytop floorfour poster bedtea and coffeeshort breaklovely roombiscuits
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My friend and I stayed on the 14th July 2012 overnight for a weekend in Bath. My room was OK but I was unable to open the window as it had been painted and not opened since. The room was OK but dusty. My friends room had a layer of dust on the window ledge and television stand that was not recent. the whole room needed a good dust and clean. Her dressing table glass top had numerous fingerprints. the doors did not close well and worryingly I had a safety chain on the inside which did not give a feeling of security to myself or friend. It had a general feel of half hearted cleaning and maintenance.
There was a wedding in progress when we arrived so we decided to eat at the Hop Pole inn at the end of the drive, which had delightful atmosphere and good food. On our return we decided to have a drink but were unable to get to the bar or sit anywhere due to the wedding guests taking all the space. The lounge has a filthy carpet and plastic type furniture in an awful mustard colour so was not an option to have a drink in. We decided to have a cup of tea in my room .
If this hotel has weddings every weekend they must make an effort to give hotel guests somewhere else to have a drink or give the wedding guests separate bar facilities. When the receptionist on our departure was appraised of the state of my friends room she blamed the fact on some guests wanting to get into the room earlier so they couldn't clean it properly!!!
I have no objections to being in the hotel at the same time as a wedding but as in the case of the hotel I married in we had separate facilities for drinking and seating away from the disco separate to the hotel guests. It felt like a very crowded pub with standing room only.
It is a lovely setting and I was disappointed that my weekend away was spoilt by lack of consideration for hotel guests and unbelievable explanation for cleanliness of the room.
the hotel is relying on its old world charm but it is very tatty now. It is a let down for a Best Western Hotel and having stayed in a 15th century one which was far superior to this for facilities they need to think carefully about what they can offer other than an old tired hotel

Room Tip: Ask if there is a wedding going on decide from there
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
latonaleisure, Director of Sales at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you very much for your review, I was very surprised to read however that your friends room had some dust in it, as we receive numerous positive comments on the housekeeping at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal and the atmosphere at the Hop Pole Inn it is indeed an excellent alternative to the hotel’s own very good Viaduct Restaurant. I am sorry that you were not made aware of the Kennet and Avon Suite which is a peaceful and comfortable room within the hotel, dedicated for use by guests who are not attending the wedding, being well away form the noise of any disco that may be playing. We agree that our Hotel has much old world charm dating as it does to 1760.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Spent two nights at this Best Western hotel that is situated five or six miles outside Bath.
Interestingly tucked away in a very picturesque village, and no more than 15 minutes drive from the centre of Bath.
Goods sized rooms,excellent breakfast and very attentive staff throughout the hotel.
The main hotel restaurant serves nice food at reasonable prices, but can be rather underused in the evening: residents have either preferred the bar snacks at lower cost, or more likely will have booked at the very popular food pub two minutes walk away. This is also owned by the hotel chain, and has a very good atmosphere.When I visited 'on spec' on a Wednesday evening, it was fully booked - so reserve a table in advance at the hotel's front desk.(Meal charges at the pub can be booked onto your room bill.)
Overall a convenient retreat if you are on business in Bath.
A little 'tired', with a few interesting sloping floors and corridors in what is a very old building, but nevertheless clean and well run.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2012

my wife and i found the limpley stoke hotel a very enjoyable place to stay it was in a lovley quiet country village area also all of the staff were very freindly hosts they are a credit to best western when we arrived we could not belive how spacious and clean our room was with a calming veiw of limpley stoke village. also the customer care and relations are indeed 100%

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Over the years I've stayed in this hotel a number of times, always for business, and I've found it suited my needs. However, on this occassion we chose it for a night away with the family. Two rooms booked, four adults, a dog and a 3 month old baby.

As often happens with hotels that welcome dogs you are given a room that hasn't been decorated for a long time towards the back of the hotel, out of the way of other guests. Perhaps that what we should expect but no price reduction is ever offered and no warning provided when the booking was made. Our son and his family also had a bit of a trek, through cramped corridors, narrow stairways and across various floor levels, not easy carrying a baby and all it's 'kit'.

The hotel is tired and showing it's age. It's age, however is it's main attraction. A good looking and impressive building with character but desperately in need of some loving care. Whilst we were there the place held receptions for two weddings and it appears that is where this hotel's focus is aimed. With a good backdrop for pictures and some nice grounds I can imagine it is popular.

We didn't eat at the hotel during the evening as we thought they'd be over-run with wedding guests, instead we went to the Hop Pole Inn at the bottom of their drive (I believe it is also owned by the hotel) but their restaurant area was also fully booked by wedding guests. We ended up eating in a not too comfy corner of a very crowded public bar!

I guess the current economic situation prevents too much money being spent on the hotel's upkeep but in not too many years time I am sure it will mostly get below average reviews.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We had our wedding here on the 23rd June and the hotel is amazing. The staff are so helpful and friendly it was just the perfect location for our wedding. The food all day was brilliant, nice and hot and plenty of it. Most of the family stated at the hotel with us and everyone commented how lovely the rooms are and how lovely and clean it was. We had the honeymoon suit out the back which was bliss, lovely comfy bed, great shower and a lovely balcony to enjoy a cuppa on with my new husband before going down for breakfast. Love, love, love the hotel and we will be back for our anniversary.

Room Tip: I saw a lot of the rooms when I was arranging the wedding and they all looked great and had been recently renovated. I always look at the bathrooms which were like wet rooms which I like.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple