“Ideal wedding venue”

Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Bath
Weymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Ideal wedding venue”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Just had my wedding at the Limpley Stoke (29/06/2013) and I could not have asked for a better experience. My self and my bridesmaids stayed the night before the wedding and even with the late hour we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful.

The wedding co-ordinater leading up to the wedding was fantastic and helped with all our needs and the actual day itself was perfect. The staff ensured that I did not have a thing to worry about making sure our guests were comfortable and seated on time. The staff had a way of making us feel like we were their only focus, even though we met other guests on the day commenting on how fantastic their experience had been.

Everything was well organised and nothing was delayed at all, but we did not once feel rushed with photos and foods courses etc. The food was fantastic and all guests commented on how much they enjoyed each course.

Overall we had the most fantastic experience and will always treasure our memories of our wedding at Limpley and even my sisters is considering holding her wedding there.

Room Tip: We used the bridal suite which was gorgeous.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
I was thoroughly delighted to read that your wedding here at the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel was a wonderful experience and that everything was perfect.

The wedding co-ordinator and her team strive to ensure every wedding is as individual as the couple being married and that the day will be one to remember for the bride and groom as well as their family and friends who attended the celebrations.

I have passed on your kind comments to Katie our wedding co-ordinator and all members of staff that helped make you day so special and memorable. We wish you all the very best for your future together and would love to see you again on your first anniversary.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel for your perfect wedding day, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Just got back from a 2 night stay, at the Limpley Stoke. The building is a wonderful period property set in the most idyllic of locations. The weir near by, canal and lots of rolling fields. I was placed on the first floor which was fine and the views stunning. The room was well maintained if a little dated with the décor, however had all the comforts I needed. Free wifi, tea and coffee making facilities and freeview tv. I found the reception staff friendly and helpful and was checked in very quickly. The room despite overlooking the terrace was quiet. The breakfast selection is really good from continental to full English to fruit and museli and tasted great. All the staff in the bar and restaurant were friendly.
For evening meals I ate at the Hop Pole inn situated at the end of the drive, and is part of the hotel, I found this much more relaxing and less formal feeling. The food was great and relatively well priced. Check my other review on the inn.. The train station outside is disused and the small trains that travelled by were of no concern, gone by in seconds
All in all a very pleasant stay in absolutely stunning area.

Room Tip: The pub is very warm and friendly
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your two night stay with us and that you found the hotel and staff welcoming, friendly and helpful. It is always a pleasure to read when our dedicated staff have helped make a guests stay that little more enjoyable and memorable.

The hotel is indeed situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty and certainly benefits from magnificent views of the local valley and surrounding countryside that can be had from many of our guest rooms and public areas, as well as our valley view terrace.

I was also glad to read that you took the opportunity to visit and dine in our very own 16th century coaching inn ‘The Hop Pole’ and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I have passed on your comments to all staff that helped make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

The views from the building and bedrooms are very idillic and the building itself is traditionally Bath but the compromise is that the hotel decor and facilities are dated. Decent but not special. Examples include , every creek resonates through the rooms, the lift is small and takes a long time.

• Stayed July 2013
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you found the hotels location ‘idyllic’ being situated on the outskirts of Bath in an area of outstanding natural beauty, with magnificent views of the valley.

The hotel is a period property with many traditional features that our guests feel capture the essence and grandeur of a property built in the Georgian era. Our guest rooms offer a contemporary feel, many being individually designed to enhance the original features and all are furnished with a full complement of facilities.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

The location is fantastic, out in the country, but only a 15 minute taxi ride into Bath. Ask for a room on the top floor as this is much quieter, although some of the rooms are a little smaller, this seems a small price to pay for a good nights rest.
Breakfast is always great, lots of choice, and really generous portions.
The hotel often holds weddings, which can understandably put some people off, but the staff are always accommodating and friendly, and will advise you of this at the time of booking.. Things tend to finish by midnight, which seems reasonable!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel and location ideal for your recent visit to Bath and our staff very accommodating, friendly and helpful.

The hotel is a period property with many traditional features and guest rooms and I was glad to read that you found your room comfortable with a full complement of facilities. I was also glad to read that you took advantage of our breakfast service and thoroughly enjoyed your experience and the extensive and varied items available.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I was recently in the Bath area and required accommodation, the last time I was in the area I stayed at another Best Western hotel - The Leigh Park, unfortunately the Leigh Park Hotel was unavailable for the dates I required, but the receptionist who took my call pointed me in the the direction of the Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, a sister hotel of the Leigh Park and I'm glad she did.

The Limpley Stoke Hotel is set in a small village and I easily located with the directions on my booking confirmation and also my satnav. The hotel is very impressive large Georgian building, from the car park and outside terrace the views are excellent. My room was located on the first floor over looking the car park and the local countryside. The room had all the usual facilities and the en suite had a powerful shower, both were well maintained and very clean. The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed a good nights sleep.

The hotels bar was great, offering a bar snack menu and a range of beers. I took my drink outside and enjoyed the views. I did not eat at the hotel as the village has its own pub, which was just down the hotel drive. I decided to eat at the pub, the food was good and the service excellent. I may try the hotel restaurant next time but I really enjoyed the pub. I did have breakfast in the hotel which was also good, buffet style and all you can eat. Service again was excellent.

On check out my bill was ready with all the correct charges, it even included my meal from the pub the night before as you can charge back to your room from there. All in all a great stay with excellent service.

My only issue is that I will have to decide between the Leigh Park and Limpley Stoke Hotels on my next visit.

Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank alwaysontheroad2000
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed both of our hotels on the outskirts of Bath and that you found them both welcoming, friendly and set in stunning locations and surroundings. Many guests comment on the idyllic settings of our hotels and that they offer fantastic views of the local areas and are an ideal base for visiting Bath and the surrounding areas.

Our staff pride themselves on their level of customer service and it is always good to read when this has helped enhance a guests experience.

Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Nice room,comfortable bed and a lovely view from our bedroom window (room 28). The downside was..... the laundry room was directly opposite us and the door was left open subjecting us to the sight of dirty grimy walls and the sounds of a fully working laundry.Didnt complain as we were spending our days in Bath.Sleep wasnt helped the first night by a drunken individual sporadically partying and stumbling around until 3am(either room 27 or the floor above us) Unusually there was a pub which is part of the hotel at the bottom of the very short driveway,good beer and food served there. Friendly bar men at the hotel bar,one was especially attentive but unfortunately did not get his name as he was a credit to the hotel.Breakfast the first morning was a farce,we came down to lots of unoccupied tables full of breakfast debris. We were asked to wait in the lounge by the obviously overworked waitress,Ann,who was working at a furious pace.When we were called back to be seated, we found that there was sausages and beans but no eggs tomatoes or bacon.The guy who was helping(?) Ann,(at a vastly slower pace I must add) took 15 minutes to replenish the empty containers,so after standing with a half empty plate I could not wait any longer and had cold sausage and beans to start the day.Ann was very apologetic but we had no complaint with her,the hotel obviously needs to get its systems sorted out. I did not want to risk the same cold breakfast next day so ordered poached eggs on toast. They were lovely, hot and cooked perfectly. Although the place is looking a little tired, would we come back again? ......Maybe.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TonyA1958
Thank you for your recent review. I was glad to read that you found the hotel and your guest room accommodating and comfortable and that you also enjoyed the magnificent views from your window. Many of our guest rooms offer stunning views of the local countryside in such an area of outstanding natural beauty. I was also glad to read that you took the opportunity to visit our very own 16th century coaching inn ‘The Hop Pole’ and thoroughly enjoyed your experience.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your initial experience of the breakfast service and that this fell below your expectations. Breakfast service along with all areas in the hotel is continually monitored to improve our standards and services as to ensure all our guests an enjoyable experience. I would like to assure you that your constructive comments have been used to further assist our on-going commitment to our guests and help maintain our own high service standards.

I have passed on your comments to Ann and all other staff members that helped make your stay more enjoyable. Should you require accommodation in the area again please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be only too pleased to assist you with a reservation. In the meantime if you have any further comments please contact me directly on operations@latonaleisuregroup.com.

Leicester
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Booked for one night at this hotel. My room was on the 1st floor just at the top of the stairs, which meant it was very noisy. The door unfortunately does not block out the sounds outside. Also I discovered that the train goes by which you can see and hear from the window. The decor fits the style of the building but unfortunately needs a bit of TLC especially the carpets in the room I stayed in. Cleanliness left a lot to be desired, teacups were dirty and there were stains on the bedding.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank serendipityLeicester
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed to read that your experience fell below expectation. The hotel is a period property with many traditional features and rooms that our guests find in-keeping with an original Georgian building that captures the grandeur of that particular era.

I was surprised to read that you encountered some noise disturbance from the local railway line, the trains only pass during the day and in the main they are infrequent. It is a very rare occurrence that any guests negatively comment on this and find that the train line is picture perfect, running through the local valley.

I was glad to read that you found the decor of the hotel in keeping with this type of property and I would like to assure you that we have an on-going maintenance program throughout the year to ensure our facilities are kept to our very own high standards.

The housekeeping department has very high standards and as you can read from previous reviews many of our guests have positively commented on this, however please accept my apologies if this was not the case during your visit. I have passed on your comments to the lead housekeeper who assures me that they will be investigated and rectified where required.

Travellers are raving about these Bath hotels