Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
US$343
US$287
US$216
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$265
US$142
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$221
US$207
Agoda.com
1,237 results
All reviewshop pole innwedding coordinatorwedding venuebuffet styleminute drivelovely buildingwater pressurekippersone night staytop floorfour poster bedtea and coffeeshort breakbiscuitsvisit batha lovely staysatnav
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Me and my family have been to this hotel many times and loved each visit. I dont understand the bad reviews, I have always found the staff to be very lovely, welcoming and helpful. The rooms maybe old fashioned but are very accommodating, and the bathrooms are very modern with fully functioning power showers etc. Each room we have stayed in has been very clean and has a small tea/coffee station with biscuits which is a very nice touch, as well as the soaps/shampoos in the bathroom. Breakfast has always been lovely although I must admit over the years it has slipped in quality slightly but we do go down near the end of service and so this may be a time issue. The grounds are beautiful with outside seating from the bar that is very well stocked. The dinners on room service are absolutely delicious and the small pub at the bottom of the hill is also lovely. Overall a very nice hotel and staff, even if slightly outdated.

Room Tip: rooms near the stairs can get noisy from the functions occurring downstairs
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for your recent review and for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel once again for your accommodation requirements. Our dedicated team pride themselves on the level of customer service they provide and it is always a pleasure to read when this has helped enhance any guest’s stay with us, I have passed on your comments to all concerned.

I was a little surprised to read that you feel our guest rooms to be a little ‘old fashioned’ the hotel is a period property with many traditional features that enhance our contemporary and individually designed and decorated rooms. I was glad to read that you found the rooms very accommodating with all the necessary facilities to help make a guest’s stay more comfortable and enjoyable, such as flat screen TV’s, complimentary beverages and free Wi-Fi throughout.

We take great pride in our gardens and grounds and being located in an area of outstanding natural beauty the view from many guest rooms, public areas and especially the terrace is fabulous. Many guests positively comment on the picture perfect valley views, with the River Avon flowing off into the distance.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We choose to stay here on our "mini moon" after our wedding, so that we could be near to Bath and Longleat to visit both of these places during our three day stay. When we arrived check in was quick and easy with the check in staff being very polite and explaining where our room was and giving us access codes for the guest wifi. We choose to have dinner in the hotel's restaurant on our first night. When we entered the restaurant we were surprised at how few people had chosen to eat there, until we saw the limited choices available! Once we had eaten we went through to have a drink in the bar area and decided we would like to sit outside, but considering how many rooms the hotel has there was VERY limited outside seating. None of the staff really interacted with us either, apart from to ask what we wanted to drink. We went down the next morning for our first of three breakfast experiences here and found that while all the guests that seem to be from afar were shown to tables and had the buffet breakfast options and the extra options available to them fully explained we were left to figure it out alone! Although we figured out that we could order extras we never were asked if we wanted any of them, unlike our fellow guests around us who were asked each and every morning if they would like any of the extras! Once back from our day out for our second night here we found that the wifi would not work, so we went down to the check in desk and spoke to a member of staff who informed us that they had changed the way you log into the wifi and that we should of been told this the first time we were given the access codes! We then sat in the bar area to eat. Once we received our food we were left alone and although we could hear staff asking other guests how their food was and being generally polite and engaging we were once again left alone, never asked how our food was. When we checked out the check in staff just handed us the bill and took the payment. Again we were never asked if we had enjoyed our stay! All in all a lovely hotel with beautiful views, but staff require retraining on basic customer service!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsW06072013
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your three night stay with us. I was delighted to read that you found your welcome to the hotel warm, friendly and informative. However I was very surprised to read your other comments.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that the dedicated team we have at the hotel pride themselves on their customer service and strive to ensure all our guests have a memorable experience. We feel that interaction with all our guests is of paramount importance in order to ascertain their feedback and identify any guest requirements or requests, as to ensure a more comfortable and enjoyable stay. I assure you that your comments will be investigated as to why you felt any preferential treatment was given to other guests and I can also assure you that we would never prioritise any guests over others, solely because they ‘have a foreign accent’. I do feel that this was an unjust heading to your review, because as you point out the reception staff were very attentive on your arrival and that other hotel guests were experiencing the level of customer care we pride ourselves on. Please accept my sincere apologies if this was not the case during your stay.

The hotel offers various dining options throughout, we offer an à la carte menu in our Avon Restaurant, along with a dedicated bar and lounge menu. We also have our very own 16th century coaching inn ‘The Hop Pole’ which is very popular with all guests and offers a wide selection of dishes. As you can read from the many pervious reviews the majority of our guests positively comment on the quality of our menus and the service they receive.

The hotel has recently updated the complimentary guest WiFi and I do apologise if this caused any inconvenience during your stay. We regularly monitor this free service to ensure a trouble free and secure connection.

I was glad to read that you took the opportunity to take in the local surroundings from our bar terrace and enjoyed the views of the local countryside and valley and felt that ‘all in all’ our period property is perfectly placed and ‘lovely’.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, we would love the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you once again and I am confident that you will encounter the first class service that we pride ourselves on. Should you have any further comments or if I can assist you with a future booking as a return guest, please contact me directly on operations@latonaleisuregroup.com. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Just had my wedding at the Limpley Stoke (29/06/2013) and I could not have asked for a better experience. My self and my bridesmaids stayed the night before the wedding and even with the late hour we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful.

The wedding co-ordinater leading up to the wedding was fantastic and helped with all our needs and the actual day itself was perfect. The staff ensured that I did not have a thing to worry about making sure our guests were comfortable and seated on time. The staff had a way of making us feel like we were their only focus, even though we met other guests on the day commenting on how fantastic their experience had been.

Everything was well organised and nothing was delayed at all, but we did not once feel rushed with photos and foods courses etc. The food was fantastic and all guests commented on how much they enjoyed each course.

Overall we had the most fantastic experience and will always treasure our memories of our wedding at Limpley and even my sisters is considering holding her wedding there.

Room Tip: We used the bridal suite which was gorgeous.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

I was thoroughly delighted to read that your wedding here at the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel was a wonderful experience and that everything was perfect.

The wedding co-ordinator and her team strive to ensure every wedding is as individual as the couple being married and that the day will be one to remember for the bride and groom as well as their family and friends who attended the celebrations.

I have passed on your kind comments to Katie our wedding co-ordinator and all members of staff that helped make you day so special and memorable. We wish you all the very best for your future together and would love to see you again on your first anniversary.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel for your perfect wedding day, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Just got back from a 2 night stay, at the Limpley Stoke. The building is a wonderful period property set in the most idyllic of locations. The weir near by, canal and lots of rolling fields. I was placed on the first floor which was fine and the views stunning. The room was well maintained if a little dated with the décor, however had all the comforts I needed. Free wifi, tea and coffee making facilities and freeview tv. I found the reception staff friendly and helpful and was checked in very quickly. The room despite overlooking the terrace was quiet. The breakfast selection is really good from continental to full English to fruit and museli and tasted great. All the staff in the bar and restaurant were friendly.
For evening meals I ate at the Hop Pole inn situated at the end of the drive, and is part of the hotel, I found this much more relaxing and less formal feeling. The food was great and relatively well priced. Check my other review on the inn.. The train station outside is disused and the small trains that travelled by were of no concern, gone by in seconds
All in all a very pleasant stay in absolutely stunning area.

Room Tip: The pub is very warm and friendly
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your two night stay with us and that you found the hotel and staff welcoming, friendly and helpful. It is always a pleasure to read when our dedicated staff have helped make a guests stay that little more enjoyable and memorable.

The hotel is indeed situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty and certainly benefits from magnificent views of the local valley and surrounding countryside that can be had from many of our guest rooms and public areas, as well as our valley view terrace.

I was also glad to read that you took the opportunity to visit and dine in our very own 16th century coaching inn ‘The Hop Pole’ and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I have passed on your comments to all staff that helped make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

The views from the building and bedrooms are very idillic and the building itself is traditionally Bath but the compromise is that the hotel decor and facilities are dated. Decent but not special. Examples include , every creek resonates through the rooms, the lift is small and takes a long time.

• Stayed: July 2013
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you found the hotels location ‘idyllic’ being situated on the outskirts of Bath in an area of outstanding natural beauty, with magnificent views of the valley.

The hotel is a period property with many traditional features that our guests feel capture the essence and grandeur of a property built in the Georgian era. Our guest rooms offer a contemporary feel, many being individually designed to enhance the original features and all are furnished with a full complement of facilities.