“Disappointed”

Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I just expected better. We booked two rooms six months in advance. We are not wealthy people, and this was a much planned and anticipated trip with our good friends. Upon arrival our rooms were 3 floors apart. Ours was perfectly pleasant with a view of the valley, but our friends were given what I can only term a renovated storage closet with a view of the rubbish bins. They were good sports and when we offered to change with them said, no problem. We'll be gone most of the time. [There's a good commentary for you. A room you're happy NOT to be in.] The second night we were here the hose came off the shower attachment in our bathroom, and water sprayed everywhere. It was deemed unusable and we were given a key to the room across the hall. What?? The room across the hall is empty??? And they put our friends in the storage closet??
I will say the beds were wonderful, the bathrooms excellent, [mostly] and the place was clean. You really must look out for the slanted hallway though! I wonder, are the rooms on that floor slanted also? Wouldn't you fall out of bed?
Beware that the quoted price does not include a hefty tax, or breakfast, which can be purchased for 10 Pounds/person/day....
All in all, I would love to go back for the area, but we did feel we were treated as if we were "the lower classes."

Room Tip: Beware the stated price does not reflect a hefty tax, or breakfast.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary C
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Mary C

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent visit. I would like to start by apologising for not exceeding your expectations, we strive to offer a memorable and enjoyable experience for all our guests and clearly we did not achieve this during your stay.

Our period property hotel offers many traditional and original features and rooms and many guest rooms benefit from the magnificent views across the local countryside and valley, as did yours. Should you have requested that your rooms be closer together I can assure you that we would have do all we could to accommodate such a request, unfortunately on this occasion this was not possible on the first night, however we would have done all we could for the remainder of your stay if it had been requested. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I was very pleased to read that you found the guest room furnishings and décor in keeping with our Georgian Building and found the original hallways offered a traditional and authentic feel to the hotel.

I would however just like to point out that all advertised prices include VAT and we do not charge any additional taxes, we are however required to split this out in the final invoice. If when making your booking you were not quoted a fully inclusive room rate could you please inform me of the website or booking agent that you made the booking through so that I can investigate. I can be directly contacted on: operations@latonaleisuregroup.com.

The hotel does offer varying tariffs such as Room Only, Bed & Breakfast and also Dinner, Bed & Breakfast, should you have booked either Bed & Breakfast or Dinner, Bed & Breakfast no additional charge for breakfast would have be added.

Should you be returning to the area at any future point please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be only too pleased to make a booking on your behalf and I can ensure you an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Hotel in a good location. Breakfast adequate. Car park would benefit from a more formal layout with lined bays. When we arrived there were cars everywhere and spaces list because of inconsiderate parking. Each floor seems to have different carpet and corridors look tired and could do with a refresh. W had room 51 which overlooked a scruffy back yard and room 105! Which is the garden shed. Would benefit from being tidied up as the was no view. Disappointed that booking could not accommodate us with a room looking across the valley. Huge bed making moving around the room difficult as chairs where in the way. Room hot, no heating on and no air con. Ideal for a visit to Bath as the local bus leaves from 200 yards down on the main road under the railway bridge.a local service which is a lot cheaper leaves from the bottom of the drive but operates every two hours. Timetable on the wall at the end of the drive. 15 minutes into Bath and easier than finding a parking ing space especially in rugby match days.

Room Tip: View across the valkey

Dear Jancmedwaykent

Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel following your recent visit. I was very pleased to read that you found the hotel and location ideal for visiting Bath and the surrounding areas.

The hotel boasts many guest rooms with a picture perfect view of the local countryside and Avon Valley, should you return to the area for a future visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be only too pleased to ensure you have a room with a view and offer you our Best Rate Guarantee.

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

We had our wedding at the start of September :) was brilliant everything we could of wished for our special day! Staff were amazing would do anything we wanted, nothing was to much for the staff. Beautiful scenery, lovely food and drinks. Thank you for our perfect day!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Laurasev

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your wedding here at the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel and that the dedicated team at the hotel could help make your special day that little more memorable.

I will be certain to pass on your comments to all the staff members that helped make your day so special and enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel as the venue for your wedding, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon and wish you all the best for your future together.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed here when taking my daughter to start her degree at the nearby university.
Very convienient location for uni as you do not have to go into Bath City which was very very conjested all weekend (I suspect that is the case each year as the new intake arrive)
Hotel is in a lovely building. Rooms were comfortable - nothing particularly special, but fine for the price you pay.
We only ate breakfast which was good. Plenty of choice available even though the hotel was busy catering for a wedding party.
Would not give it 5 stars as some of the hotel is a bit tired looking, but generally very happy with our choice of hotel for the price we paid. The views from our room (44) was lovely, with the village of Limpley perched on the side of rolling hills.
Although there was a disco at the wedding on one of our nights during the stay, we could not hear anything from our room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear CindyandSteve

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel ideally located for your requirements. We are indeed situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty and within easy access of the city of Bath and the university.

I will pass on your comments and feedback to the management and the dedicated team at the hotel and I know they will be pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel and we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed here while visiting Bath, we found the hotel to be very tidy with lots of olde world charm. The parking is easy and the whole experience was enjoyable. While staying at the hotel be sure to walk down the drive and have a drink at the old pub across the road, built in 1580 it adds to the whole experience. The breakfast was very nice and topped off a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Peter4213

Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel following you recent stay. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience of our period property and found the hotel ideally located to explore the Georgian City of Bath.

Our 16th century coaching inn ‘The Hop Pole’ is extremely popular with many hotel guests and I was very pleased to read that you had the opportunity to visit. I will be certain to pass on your comments to all of our dedicated team (including the Hop Pole) that helped make your stay so enjoyable and memorable.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Myself and my partner have recently come back from spending my birthday in Bath, and staying at the Limpley Stoke Hotel for 1 night. I literally cannot fault this hotel. After working in a dissapointing hotel myslef in the past I was wary because the rates were low to stay, But it is safe to say my faith is well and truely restored. The staff were brilliant and an extra thank you to Lena at dinner she was lovely! I must recommend also that anyone that likes chocolate cake, try the hotels it is immense! We will deffinately be back thankyou so so much for the best birthday!... Oh and room service was brilliant :)

Room Tip: top floor... views are excellent rooms are immaculate

Dear sophie c

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you and your partner thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us whilst celebrating your birthday. I will be certain to pass on your comments to all of our dedicated team who helped make your stay so enjoyable and memorable.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel and we do look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife and I decided to take a short break over the Bank Holiday and stayed at the Limpley Stoke in Bath. We had read that it was excellent and so decided to book it. Upon our arrival, we were greeted with a lovely historic building and by a very personable and polite receptionist. Our room was brilliant and the bed was 'out of this world' comfy. we stayed for 2 nights and the breakfasts were plentiful, hot and the waiting staff were very attentive. We had dinner at the pub down the bottom of the lane (which is also owned by the hotel) and had a brilliantly cooked meal in an old fashioned pub, what a change from the norm. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gladders G
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear gladders G

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read when a guest has thoroughly enjoyed their stay with us and when our dedicated team have helped make the stay that little more comfortable and enjoyable.

The hotel does indeed have its very own 16th Century Inn located just at the bottom of the main driveway and we receive many positive comments on the hospitality and food offered, I will be certain to pass on your comments to all the staff at the hotel and the Hop Pole pub who I know will be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, we do look forward to your return. Please contact the hotel directly or visit the hotels website to take advantage of our Best Rate Guarantee.