Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
US$282
US$235
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
Dukes Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
Official Site
1,225 results
All reviewshop pole innwedding coordinatorwedding venuebuffet styleminute drivelovely buildingwater pressurekippersone night staytop floorfour poster bedtea and coffeeshort breakbiscuitsvisit batha lovely staysatnav
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2008

We've just got back from a fantastic weekend at the Limpley Stoke hotel. We stayed for three nights for my sister's wedding and really enjoyed every minute of it. The wedding coordinator provided excellent service and support leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day itself, the operations staff could not be faulted. Their service was slick and professional and the day was perfect. Our room was clean and comfortable, room service was good, and the reception and restaurant staff were great too. Really good value all round (accommodation, wedding and food). Would definitely recommend for a short break or for a wedding. One tip: have bar food in the restaurant. It's cheap, you get loads of lovely food and it's beautifully presented!

Reviewed 1 July 2008

Limpley Stoke has the potential to be a real gem, a lovely old house, in a lovely little village, just off the River Avon and canals. With a fabulous pub at the end of the drive which serves great food and a wide choice of beers, all just a short drive from Bath and Bradford on Avon.

Unfortunately for us, it didnt live up to its potential at all!

I requested a quiet room- it wasnt! The rooms are very tired and in need of redecoration. The toilet in our room was broken so we were moved to another room on our 2nd night, which was very good of the hotel, but no real apology or acknowledgement that this was an inconvenience to us. Although at least our new room was quieter!

Whilst all the staff were polite, they were not personable or friendly (except the older (compared to the very young) lady serving breakfast). Breakfast, by the way was quite good.

The bar had no atmosphere what so ever, so we prefered the pub at the end of the drive (its only weakness is it is only open 12-2.30 and then from 6pm in the evening). Although we did get some "entertainment" in the bar, when the ceiling started leaking (alot) as the bath/shower in the room above overflowed! In hindsight we should have showered under this leak, as the water pressure was better than our "power" shower!

Limpley Stoke is a 3 star hotel and it wasnt very expensive, so you cannot expect too much, but toilets that work, friendly staff and bars without the shower would be nice! Quiet rooms and nice decor are probably asking too much.

Reviewed 20 June 2008

As part of a family celebration, I needed to book five rooms in the Bath area.

Faced with the usual limitations of cost and money, I picked the Best Western Hotel in Limpley Stoke - a 15 minute drive from Bath itself.

The price was great, and despite some slight negatives/concerns raised in previous reviews, so was the hotel.

Located in beautiful surroundings, the hotel is a beautiful building which has served many different roles in its long history.

It is therefore no surprise that I discovered that all five of our rooms were slightly different in size and layout (some had a bath, where as others only had a shower for instance).

Nevertheless all of our party seemed happy with their respective rooms and in my case, the room had clearly had a new carpet fitted.

Having also forgotten to pack my toothbrush, the hotel reception were also more than happy to supply me with a complimentary one and provided help and assistance to all of us throughout our stay.

As for the breakfast, it was one of the better buffet's that I have tasted, and utilised one of the hotel's many beautiful larger rooms.

A lovely hotel which I would definately return to if I was in the area again.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 June 2008

Firstly, I'm going to start by saying..... "Don't Believe The Hype!!" The reviews that this hotel have been given are quite harsh and I disgree with the majority of them. To be honest, I think that the people who wrote those reviews just wanted something to moan about, but who am I to judge? The Limpley Stoke Hotel is a lovely hotel in a picturesque setting. The service is good. The room was nice, and the bathroom was of a decent size with a perfectly fine shower that was in good working order. Although we didn't have evening meals included in our stay, we purchased bar snacks in the hotel on a few occasions and the food was gorgeous! The breakfast was also lovely and the only down side was the somewhat odd set up for eggs and fried bread. Some mornings, fried bread would be in the kettle drums and other mornings it would have to be requested and fried eggs were never in the kettle drums and they had to be requested every morning.

During our stay there was a wedding on the Friday night which made breakfast on the Saturday morning quite chaotic - with people waiting for tables, kettle drums running empty of food, no bread for the toasting machine (and eventually even the toaster gave up the ghost). All this was due to there simply being not enough staff to cope with the large amount of people staying in the hotel.

But overall, the Limpley Stoke Hotel was a lovely hotel and, in answer to your question, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank LauraP21-01
Reviewed 20 May 2008

Stayed at Limpley Stoke Hotel for two nights, read some bad reviews so a little apprehensive I arrived and was greeted by very polite staff, very sorry she said about the road works on tha A36, hardly her fault bless her.

The Hotel is in a nice rural location very close to the Kennett and Avon Canal lots of walks or cycle rides, one way Bath the other Devizes Reading etc.
The room I had was very clean spacious and everything worked properly i.e shower etc.
A nice big Bar area and a very comfortable lounge.

The Dining room was very clean with plenty of natural light, I ate Breakfast on two mornings and the food was very good and plentiful .At the end of the drive the Hotel has it's own Pub, 4 different Real Ales and very good food.

The overall feel of the place was good the decor/furnishings are superb.
I enjoyed my stay and found some of the other reviews unfair, I will certainly be coming again!!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business