“quiet and great views”

Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 25 November 2013

my wife and I stayed for one night while visiting friends.The hotel is in a great position and has plenty of character. The rooms are large and ours had a great view over the countryside. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The only cons were the lack of a separate shower head to enable hair washing and the lack of channels on the tv.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear MONTMORILLION

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read that both you and your wife found the hotel perfectly located and full of character. Many of our guest rooms offer wonderful views out over the local countryside and it is always a pleasure to read when our guests have had the opportunity to experience the area of outstanding natural beauty where we are lucky enough to be located.

I will be certain to pass on your comments to all of the dedicated team at the hotel that helped make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, we do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Hi stayed here for 2 nights while shopping in bath lovely big room, bar meals were excellent and the room was spotlessly clean will definatly stay again. The hotel is a lovely old house, with great views and has a large car park and only 15 minutes from Bath

Room Tip: room 55 or 61 were great
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear paultriple

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us. I was delighted to read that you chose our hotel as a base when visiting Bath for your shopping trip and found the hotel warm and welcoming with great views.

I will be certain to pass on your comments to all the members of our team that helped make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

It's an excellent Hotel for quite a low price. The hotel was well decorated and clean, and has a good bar. Stayed in Room 4 which was quite big. Heating was good. Nice garden also. On approaching the hotel, the 'hotel' signs were quite useful, as GPS suggested a more tricky route.

Room Tip: TGip: when you get near to the hotel, follow the hotel signs, rather than just your GPS, as some of...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Anonymous203

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel ideal for your visit. Our period property offers various room types with many retaining the original features and I can see from your comments you were allocated such a room and had the opportunity to enjoy the views.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

my husband and I stayed here for two nights whilst visiting the city of Bath .The hotel is set in a beautiful location very picturesque impressive building nice gardens .Overall the hotel is what you might expect of a hotel of its age but I would say the decor was a little shabby in places ,in our room the decor ,furniture a little old and worn,hotel very clean breakfast excellent service excellent staff polite and helpful .There was a wedding party staying over whilst we were there and felt that the bar was out of bounds if we had wanted a drink in the evening .Overall a pleasant stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue R

Dear Sue R

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to read that you found our hotel ideally located for your visit to Bath, we are indeed very lucky to be situated in such an area of outstanding natural beauty on the outskirts of an historical Georgian City.

I will pass your comments and feedback on to the hotel management team as they take all customer comments very seriously in order maintain and improve the standards and services at the hotel.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed at the Limpley stoke hotel on business for 8 weeks mon to fri during Oct/Nov 2013 ( writing the review during final week). Booked direct with the hotel and negotiated a decent discount.

The hotels located just off the A36 close to Bath. The shortest route from the A36 to the hotel is via a steep single track road, which is on a sharp bend, so take care! if you prefer a more relaxed route follow the brown tourist sign for the hotel.

There's plenty of parking spaces. Reception staff are professional, friendly and knowledgeable and checking in and out was quick and efficient.
Part of the hotel dates back to 1760, so don't expect modern decor. I stayed in seven different rooms during my 8 week stay, so got to know the place well. All the rooms I stayed in were very clean and housekeeping kept it that way.
The hotel was quite and peaceful for most of my stay, with only one night when I was in a room above the bar, with a loud mouthed guy sounding off, not bad for a long stay though, and not the hotels fault.
The place was busy during October with coach trips, but it didn't seem to impact on the running of the place. It appears a lot quieter November though.

Breakfast was good and if you get bored with the buffet you can request cooked to order items.
The breakfast staff are also friendly and efficient, so the morning meal is not a long drawn out affair.

Tried the hop pole inn at the bottom of the drive, ate there all week the first week, food was really good. Tried to get a table the second week, but it was fully booked, the barman told me to go in the small bar where I could order food, so I did, stood there for 20 mins being ignored, wondering where I was supposed to eat my food (it's a really small bar) whilst the staff greeted all the locals. I left and ate elsewhere for the remaining 7 weeks, their loss!

All in all a good hotel and I will definitely use it again ( in December in fact).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Bernie P
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Bernie P

Thank you for the review following your recent extended stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and facilities and that our dedicated team were welcoming, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable throughout your stay. I will be certain to pass on your comments and feedback to the management team and staff at the hotel who I know they will be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again in December.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Traditional (old fashioned) hotel in beautiful tranquil setting. Wonderful views.

I stayed for two nights with a friend. Our room was adequate and comfortable for a 3 star hotel. Sadly, the hotel was taken over by a wedding party for the duration of our stay which meant firstly it was very noisy into the early hours and secondly the public rooms, bar and lounges, were out of bounds for guest not attending the wedding.

Breakfast was poor.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear suzielegge

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you found our hotel and setting, beautiful with wonderful views, we are very lucky to be located in such an area of outstanding natural beauty.

I would just like to point out that the hotel is a very popular venue for weddings and events; however the public rooms would always remain available to all hotel guests. During especially busy periods we do offer an additional private lounge for hotel residents that are not attending an event and would prefer something a little more cosy with table service drinks, along with a dedicated restaurant.

I will pass on your valued feedback to the hotel management team. We take all of our customer’s comments very seriously, in order to maintain and improve our standards and services.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed one night with our 2 dogs..Great location, delicious breakfast we choose smoked haddock and poached eggs..The bed was enormous and very comfy. The room was a good size. All in all a great stay..Thanks to all at the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 22 great if you have pets.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Louisesy

Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and also our fabulous location in the village of Limpley Stoke, on the outskirts of Bath. I will pass on your comments to all the management and staff at the hotel that helped make your stay so enjoyable.