All reviews steep hill newly refurbished hotel lovely hotel country feel park and ride bus continental selection double shower milsom street hotel is situated breakfast and dinner stayed longer decent size town centre our room was spacious parking space stayed for one night fresh fruit
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Boyfriend and I stayed over the weekend and absolutely loved it. The room was cosy and I loved the ducks on the cushions! So Country Living!
Went and had a meal one evening and it was probably one of my favourite meals ever!
I had crab and duck and my boyfriend had the chicken. Both delicious.
The staff were amazing and so nice and chatty, had great service from Chris and Adam I think their names were so hopefully they get to see this!
Will be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2018

Hi there, thank you so much for your lovely comments. I'm so glad you had a great time and love the Country Living look!
We pride ourselves on our restaurant food and I'm so happy you and your boyfriend enjoyed it.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night as we were visiting the University. We had the ‘Cozy’ double and it as very small, as well as being on road level so noisy at night. It should have been a single really given it’s size. It was June and the duvet was a 13.5 tog! Which was far too hot for a small room in the summer. Why not provide the right tog rather than about 8 cushions and pillows on the bed which again meant there was no room to put them when we went to bed.
Shower was very good although the room was so small drying towels would have been a problem if we had stayed longer. Breakfast was fantastic and the female staff serving very friendly so no issues there. Given they had just opened they should be asking clients how they can improve as its there first hotel. Walk down hill into town and £5 taxi back is fine.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 June 2018

Hi Stephen, thank you so much for your feedback. Your opinion does matter to us and we take all of your comments on board.
We can certainly look at providing a different duvet for you during this wonderful warm weather and there's also a fan in your room if needed.
Please let any member of staff know if there's anything we can help you with and they will be more than happy to help.
Thank you again for your much valued comments.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at the end of May.
Lovely hotel and helpful staff.
Our room was clean and had obviously just been decorated as had the hotel.
We were in Bath celebrating and we’re a little lively.
However the staff were very good and looked after us when we returned on Saturday evening without our room key!
I would have given a five but our friends room had not been made up on the Saturday so they didn’t have any dry towels and had to get into a bed that hadn’t been made.
I would recommend staying here and would do so my self again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CHARDC
Management response:Responded 20 June 2018

Hi there, thank you so much for your wonderful review. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's room. This has been discussed with the Housekeeping Team to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Thank you once again and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We travelled as a family group (3 generations) to Bath for a very special birthday celebration. After reading mixed reviews about the hotel I was a bit unsure what to expect.
We were overwhelmed with the amazingly cheerful, kind, patient, helpful staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They advised and assisted us with aspects of our travel/trip plans and they went above what was expected in terms of level of customer service. The rooms were all spacious, clean, lovely decor and comfortable beds and hot showers.
The breakfast was just one of the best I have ever had in a hotel.
We absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone. It is up a steep hill out of the town, but it's a very pleasant and easy downhill walk into town (15 mins) and an easy taxi ride back (£5-9.00).
We look forward to returning very soon!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank FamilyGoode
Management response:Responded 20 June 2018

Hi there, I'm so pleased you all had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We stayed here for a 2 night break, the room was lovely (room 303 overlooking the garden) it was tastefully decorated, the shower was powerful and hot, we had all the amenities we needed for our break, we phoned reception and fresh milk was delivered to our room instantly, we liked the fact that there were mugs rather than small cups in the room, the staff were friendly especially the receptionist on our arrival who was very informative about the local landmarks.

Breakfast was plentiful and lots of choice, we especially liked the smoothies and the bread was tasty and of good quality.

We couldn't fault the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we would definitely recommend it and will hopefully return in the near future.

The hotel is on top of a hill but it didn't bother us as we like to walk when we are on a break and it only took 15 minutes to walk into the main centre of Bath, it may not be everyone's choice to walk up a hill but we thought the hotel was worth the walk.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rachel K
Management response:Responded 20 June 2018

Hi Rachel, thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I do hope you'll return. Many thanks again.