“Perfect!”
Review of Tasburgh House

Tasburgh House
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed at Tasburgh House over 4 nights with work colleagues and every part of the experience was a pleasure. Sue was a great host and we aways felt comfortable and at home. Her staff was extremely polite and always made sure we had what we needed. The chef was amazing! I haven't eaten so well on any other trip and the meals here were even better than the Bath restaurants, which is saying something. The grounds are impeccably kept and the views of the countryside provided a welcome break from the daily grind in NYC. During breaks from meetings, we were able to get some fresh air with a stroll in the woods and around the grounds. I slept like a baby every night in the Shelley room (each one named after a different English author). I would go back during any season for business and for pleasure. Thanks, Sue and team!!

1  Thank Christopher P

Reviewed 30 April 2012

A quirky delightful bolthole from the bustle of Bath - with charming and extremely helpful staff - always wiling to go the extra mile to ensure an enjoyable stay. Giving excellent restaurant recommendations and helpful in booking cabs etc. Lovely views and very good breakfasts. We had visitors join us for coffee in the morning and they were made to feel verywelcome which we appreciated.

The bedrooms provided were rather too 'bijou' for more than one night but very prettily furnished. Beds and linen excellent - softer pillows might be an added bonus?. We requested ground floor for two of the visitors (but let down by the lack of a walk-in shower) which proved very complicated - (thanks Tom for rescuing us!) Do agree with other reviewers that a cooked breakfast should be included for the price - and filtered water provided in bedrooms.

We would be very happy to return, Sue and Toni do a fantastic job, but on the proviso that larger rooms with accessible bathrooms were available.

Room Tip: Ask in advance - ensure it is spacious and ideally with a view and if needed with an accessible bath...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2012

If you enjoy elegant and traditionally superior English hospitality together with comfort, an aesthetically gorgeous environment and grounds designed to delight... look no further!

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the gardens... magic!
Reviewed 22 April 2012

On arrival we had to wait ten minutes to be checked in -staff were nowhere to be seen! Eventually we were shown to our room (one of the attic rooms). It was clean and tastefully decorated. The view from the room was beautiful as was the walk down in two bath that we took later that day. However, the room was quite small and got very hot. The bed was also very soft and so we slept badly.
Staff (when they were around) were very helpful and booked cabs and a restaurant for us. Breakfast was continental with cooked breakfast costing extra.

Given the price I would have expected cooked breakfast, hair driers maybe fruit and water in the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rockhugger_12
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed here with a friend for 2 nights over Easter and what a fantastic place it is. It's within an easy 15-20 minute walk into the city (uphill on the way back though!) and the welcome you receive beats any hotel I've ever stayed in. Sue and her daughter make you feel totally at home and go out of their way to make your stay a very pleasant one. It has the comfort and attention to detail of a 5* hotel but with the friendliness of a stay with friends. The room was beautiful and had a lovely en-suite shower room. Everything has been thought of - quality toiletries, quality tea/coffee in the room - and everywhere was spotlessly clean. Attention to detail is amazing right down to putting bowls of lemons on the tables out on the patio - amazing what an amazingly 'cheerful' effect that has! The hotel is small so if you're expecting the kind of buzz you get in bigger establishments you might find it too quiet, but if you want a genuinely welcoming hotel with impeccable standards and friendly hosts then I don't think you'll find anything better. I think it would really appeal to business women travelling alone and, indeed, I could happily stay there alone myself and feel totally comfortable. My only negative comment would be that the supplement price of cooked items at breakfast (there's an extensive continental breakfast buffet within the room price) seem quite high. Having said that, the continental breakfast provides a good range of choices so I was happy enough with that. This is a gem of a place and I'll be back any and every time I'm in Bath!

Room Tip: Eliot room is on the ground floor - double or twin - and at the side of the house with views onto th...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed for 5 nights, on 2 occasions in March and April 2012. Both cases on a business trip. The Place is welcoming and comfirtable. Sue is absolutely lovely. I was able to find peace and quiet in the midst of hectic business trips.

Room Tip: Make sure the shower is not too small.
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed at this marvelous hotel for 5 nights, I came very sad because my husband was suppose to join me but he couldn't because of delay in his visa, The very friendly staff at Tasburgh made me feel at home, and within a family! I loved the room that felt very cozy and elegant at the same time. All I needed was to ask and every one there would do their best to assist me. The hotel has many well picked Art pieces that makes you stop and enjoy them. The room has a TV and a Kettle with different flavors of Tea and coffee, and the bathroom is so inviting for a long relaxing bath after walking around beautiful streets of Bath. I only wished that the breakfast buffet had more options, but other than that everything else was great! I would definitely come back again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Susan K, Owner at Tasburgh House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Firstly we thank you for your kind remarks and recent review on Tripadvisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you benefitted from a few days away. However, regarding your comments on wanting more selection on the breakfast buffet, we are here to meet the needs of our guests and therefore we would truly love to know what other items you would like to have seen included We will wait attentively and do our best to ensure that they will be included.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

Susan Keeling