“Staff are very good and attentive”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tasburgh House

Tasburgh House
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Bath
Surrey
“Staff are very good and attentive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed at the Tasburgh House over the weekend. The house is a nice location from Bath city centre, about 20 minutes walk down hill. The house is lovely with lots of character. Our room was on the top floor. The bedroom was a good size with an ensuite shower. Our bed was a comfy double, but for me the mattress was too soft, but that did not ruin my sleep. Our next door neighbours did! There was a group staying, who thought it was fun to come home drunk and then shout the place down. I complained to the manager at around 0230 and she was straight to their door...however she did have to come back second time, before the noise stopped. It is an old house and you will hear your neighbours. The room could do with a new carpet and in the bathroom, they have replaced the tiles, but the old suite stayed. I guess it is character. Breakfast was good, but the cooked English breakfast is expensive. The continental breakfast is included in your price. All in all we would probably return, which is mainty down to the staff who work very hard, very polite and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Susan K, Manager at Tasburgh House, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
I have to thank you for writing this honest review albeit that it has regrettably changed our view on allowing Hen Groups to stay. I have to say that this was the very first occasion in 10 years that such appalling behaviour was experienced by other guests. My staff were so concerned that the peaceful and relaxing location normally experienced was completely overturned by a few of our guests.

I am very glad to see that your stay was otherwise pleasant and sincerely hope that you will return when we will guarantee an undisturbed nights' sleep, even if we cannot guarantee the weather!

Sue K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

My daughter and I had an early Mother's Day weekend(England is March 10th) in Bath ,UK and we found this extremely charming hotel .I thoroughly recommend it .Our room was grand exceptionall view ,easy walk to the canal path ,that takes you to Bath proper and is an entertaining walk ,with dogs owners,children,gran and parents LOVED it.
Susan the proprietor of Tasburgh House is a very charming and friendly and helpful person.
The hotel is meticulously clean ,the staff is very helpful.We are definitely going back

Room Tip: The place is very quiet ,and it is on a hill ,so I believe rooms are all great,it is just matter of...
2 Thank Sole2012
Tadworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Our stay of just one night at Tasburgh House was not long enough to really enjoy the hospitality that Sue Keeling offers her quests. We were made to feel most comfortable and well looked after.
The position suits any visit to the area and will certainly visit again if the opportunity arises. Hopefully, next time the weather will allow us to stroll along the canal towpath into town and enjoy those views once more...

Room Tip: a good room, they're all good rooms but ring Sue first to make sure
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed for a quiet night in a comfortably sized family room. The owner, Susan, was warm and helpful and provided us with a map of the local area for our 25 minute (with kids) walk dowtown. She also rang us up a reputable taxi the next day, about a 5 minute ride. Breakfast was outstanding, with a number of items that can be ordered off the menu for a very reasonable price, and/or a free continental breakfast with a very good selection of fruit, sliced meats, cheese, cereal and yogurt. Bath is a charming city with a lot to see, and this hotel, although not directly in the city center, is nicely located for easy access.

Newquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

My daughter and I had booked a room at the Hilton for a 2 night stay in Bath. The room was horrible and we found ourselves with nowhere to stay until my son found Tasburgh House and spoke to Sue who was incredibly kind and offered us a beautiful double room at the last minute, despite it being half term. She made us feel most welcome. The room was huge and beautifully decorated, we had our own remote control log burner!! Most welcome as it was minus 1, bitterly cold. The complimentary breakfast was ample to set you up for the day. All in all the Tasburgh made our stay a very pleasant one, I would highly recommend it. Lovely gardens too.

York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Last year I met the proprietor of Tasburgh House, Sue Keeling, on the train from London - she was so helpful over restaurant recommendations, even though I wasn't staying with her, I promised to visit when next in Bath.

The House is lovely and, unusually for Bath, mainly of brick not stone. It is comfortable and warm - a tad too warm for my liking - with a very comfortable sitting room.

Breakfast was good - toast and croissant one day, and cooked the next - with plenty of fruit, juice, etc. all to a high standard. There were helpful recommendations about evening meals, and the taxis ordered turned up on time - a real bonus these days.

One thing I particularly liked is the ability to walk in and out of Bath. Dropping down from the back of the house takes you to the canal and the towpath. About 20 minutes takes you to the edge of town, with about ten minutes more you can get anywhere in the City Centre.

I'll certainly stay there again when next in Bath.

Room Tip: I had a single room - I think next time I would go for double with single occupancy, as it was adequ...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

My husband reserved a room for us to stay here to celebrate my birthday weekend and we found it to be an excellent choice. The hotel was scrupulously clean, tastefully and warmly decorated and the staff were helpful and delightful. I found a card "for the birthday girl" upon my arrival which was a very nice touch and Sue could not have been more helpful and accommodating. She rescued my husband from a "cufflink emergency" by loaning him some lovely old family cufflinks and then when our car required a tow upon our departure, she was so kind in our moment of stress. She even brought me a birthday brownie complete with candle as we awaited the tow truck!

Everyone we encountered there was warm, genuine and helpful. The website doesn't do the place justice, really. Don't miss this wonderful hotel if you have a chance to visit Bath.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple