“Birthday bliss”

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Birthday bliss”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I stayed at Tasburgh prior to my birthday in April. I booked 2 rooms between 6 people (a triple and a quad) which is often difficult to do as some hotels say that you must have 3 rooms - and obviously pay more! I booked over the phone and gave my email as well - I received comprehensive instructions and confirmation of the booking almost immediately via email.
The next day I received an email asking if they could help with any restaurant bookings or things to do in Bath.
When we arrived Susan was incredibly helpful with maps, restaurants and general info on Bath and advice as to whether we go to the Roman Baths on Sat or Sun. We had a personalised welcome in each room which were both incredibly spacious. It's those sorts of details that make a trip away so memorable.
The attention to detail and the whole staff's attentiveness was truly superb. It's a long time since I've experienced customer service like it. I've stayed in some much more pricey hotels with quite frankly shoddy service.
All the staff at Tasburgh need a jolly big pat on the back for excellent customer service. Thank you so much and we will be back. I've recommended Tasburgh to lots of our friends already!
Casey, Marcus, Louie, Ollie, Mia Scott and Lynn Parker.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Heaven is a sacred place and usually appears in myths and legends of cultures around the world. Heaven has often been described as a paradise of some kind, located above or beyond the limits of the ordinary world, perhaps high on a mountain peak or floating on a distant island.

Well actually it's in the only heritage city in the world "Bath" and is situated on the waminster road. Do not squint at a few coppers when you view The Tasburgh House on tripadvisor. We did the first two times staying in bath the first the Wentworth house which is literally a hell hole run by trolls (avoid like the plague). The second the Duke which was fine and dandy but lacks any real speciality of being in bath barr next to Pultney Bridge (gorgeous) but i have stayed lacks hospitality. The third trip we went the extra for the Tasburgh and boy was it worth it. Lovely hotel, rooms, location and most of all the staff Sue and Delila couldn't of been more helpful caring and sweet. Genuine smiles and consideration from them made us feel like we where ment to be in bath somthing we had not till then felt. We will be back to bath and we won't stay anywhere but the tasburgh in fact we will wait till it has availability before visiting again.

Room Tip: Are you in bath? stay at THE TASBURGH
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony B
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in during some 40 years of travel on and off. They all try very hard and nothing is too much trouble.Well worth the cost if you want the best! Breakfast was exceptional and woth the small extra cost.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms at the back have an excellent view.
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I could go one about about how great Tasburgh house its Host and staff are for ever but im afraid i haven't the time,So ill say what i truly think this place deserves 5*, I was actually very lucky to be able to stay at Tasburgh house but at the same time unlucky because i had paid to stay at another hotel that was awful called wentworth house witch i had paid for and left without being reimbursed a penny,Ater being recommended Tasburgh house by two other independent hotels that were fully booked, i managed get a late cancellation at Tasburgh house, (Thank you God) From our approach and walking into the hotel i knew id lucked out! The host and owner of this wonder hotel and home is a very charming funny and witty lady Susan, who made our stay even more enjoyable firstly by offering us a glass of very nice Reoja also a reserva i was happy!! even better served in lovely fine cut crystal wine glasses, We were then asked to view the room to see if it was to our liking all of this before being asked for any monies unlike wentworth housel, I immediately asked if we could stay another night and Susan said yes and also moved us to a larger room the following day as the room we had stayed in was really for single use not charging us any extra by the way,We had amazing views over bath and the hillside that was so lovely in the evening when it became dark and all the towns lights were on, The room was a good size huge bed lovely decor,This property is truly amazing im sure the very fussiest of people could not be less than very happy with there choice, Breakfast was great the best muesli i ever had eaten........dam forgot to ask were i could get it though i would not be surprised if it were home made, You do not need an alarm clock as you were gently awoken by the most wonderful aroma of freshly baked croissants being prepared for breakfast, I could see that Susan had this wonderful gift with people making all her guest feel so very welcome well done to you and your staff first class, Makes me not want to stay in a large chain hotel again! That's it i'm finished but i shall be back!. Ps it really annoys me that someone left negative feedback that did not even stay at the property,And after booking it nearly seven months prior to cancelling only 1 day before arrival date all because they were charged a cancellation fee, surely this is standard practice to my knowledge ive been charged ful thel amount for such short notice who likes it! but its what i would do if i owned a hotel.

Room Tip: I only stayed in two but choose one over looking bath its views are wonderful.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My wife and I just stayed a weekend at Tasburgh House. It is an old beautiful property in the hill overlooking the city of Bath. Breathtaking view and surroundings. Service by the staff, lead by Sue Keeling, was just more, better and friendlier than we have ever experienced before.
A sensational weekend !
Espen Lund

Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I had the great fortune to be booked into Sue's nice hotel for three days and had a great experience. She was so accomodating, even doing some laundry for me over a weekend since I was on a three week trip and running low on clean clothes. Very nice breakfasts, comfortable room, great service and of course, right in Bath. 25 minute walk into downtown. I would stay there again for sure!

Room Tip: i stayed in #5
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I booked a weekend break for my Husband and I in October, but unfortunately due to him being in the army and his circumstances changing, I had to cancel. I was charged a fee of over £80.00 even though I cancelled within 24 hours of booking the room. I spoke to the owner who was so unhelpful and unreasonable. I hope she never needs to call on the army in a crisis.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hellsbells154
Susan K, Owner at Tasburgh House, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
I am so very sorry that our cancellation policy offended you but the policy was made clear at the time of booking. It was also made clear at the time of cancellation, as a gesture, that your deposit would be deducted if you were able to stay on another occasion. I see that you mention you stayed in April 2013 but in fact you have not taken up our offer and have never stayed here.