Tasburgh House Hotel Ltd
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$234
US$342
US$182
  • Restaurant
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$222
  • Restaurant
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$125
US$229
US$222
Travelocity
All reviewshardy roomcanal towpathhomemade granolatow pathausten roomcontinental breakfastlovely walkwalk into townwarm welcometop floorbeautiful gardenvisit bathlittle touchesa wonderful stayboutique hotelmy mumlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2013

A lovely place to spend a mother-daughter weekend. A little pricey and a little far from the town centre for us as we were walking everywhere, but very welcoming, lovely location, good breakfast, pleasant, well-appointed room. (Loved the quality linens.)

Room Tip: House is on a busy street. Our room was quiet, away from traffic side. Probably best to ask for room away from traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Susan K, Owner at Tasburgh House Hotel Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked your room. In spite of us being within walking distance of the City Centre, and set back from the road, of course you might think that the the traffic would disturb the guests. Actually all the rooms at the front of the property are triple glazed so, in fact, they are even quieter than those at the back. Needless to say, we really appreciate your comments and hope that we can entice you back one of these days
Sue Keeling - Proprietor Tasburgh House, Bath

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Very well kept clean and romantic guesthouse! Nice owner, decent breakfast and well kept rooms! We stayed in the "John Keets" room and a man of over 6 foot like myself found it a little on the small side in the bathroom and the roof, but I'm sure not all the rooms are like this! If we return to bath we will definately stay here again! Lovely!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I have been taking regular weekend trips away this year, rather than longer holidays due to his work commitments. We decided to book a weekend in my birth city of Bath as I left when I was 3 yrs old and he has never visited the city. We studied the Trip Advisor reviews and chose 'Tasburgh House' based on the reviews, the history of the house and the price. It turned out to be a great decision.
The proprietor, Sue Keeling, greeted us on our arrival and after a swift check-in, we were shown to our 'Wordsworth' room (each room being named after a famous writer or poet and each home to a teddy bear holding a book by the writer. The rooms are beautifully appointed and very clean. The sheets were fresh and crisp and the bathroom contained fluffy white towels and sweet smelling complimentary toiletries.
After a very comfortable nights sleep, breakfast was served in a heated Conservatory next to an equally elegant Dining room (where you could also choose to eat). The selection of continental breakfast items was impressive, as was the constant flow of hot tea, coffee, toast and croissants. My husband chose the full English breakfast (available at an additional cost) and commented that it was one of the best he'd eaten.
During our stay Sue was always available to book any restaurants that we wanted to try and taxis into the city, which took only a few minutes.
The house was beautiful and the view from it, breathtaking. We have already booked to return with my parents and I'm sure many more visits will follow.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed here on a trip around the UK with my family - husband and three daughters (13/15/17). Tasburgh House is beautiful. My husband and I had a gorgeous little room downstairs with our own little patio, and our girls had a very cute room upstairs. The property is lovely - we enjoyed a walk down to the canal. The outside area is beautifully landscaped and the view brilliant. Not right in Bath, which we actually enjoyed. The staff were great and we would love to stay here again if we are lucky enough to come back to the UK.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We spent two nights at Tasburgh House for my birthday weekend. What a good choice. Sue made us feel very welcome from the start to the finish. All the staff were friendly and the accommodation was lovely. We would recommend this lovely B&B to everybody. You wouldn't be disappointed. If visiting Bath again we will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bronte room which was on the first floor overlooking the rear gardens. Lovely view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple