Tasburgh House Hotel Ltd
US$343
US$287
US$216
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$108
  • Room Service
US$265
US$142
  • Restaurant
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$135
Priceline
US$221
US$207
Agoda.com
All reviewshardy roomcanal towpathhomemade granolatow pathausten roomcontinental breakfastlovely walkwalk into townwarm welcometop floorbeautiful gardenvisit bathlittle touchesa wonderful stayboutique hotelmy mumlovely room
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Very pleased with the room and the hotel in general. The walk through the garden, to the canal and into city centre was lovely and worthwhile. Only a couple of (minor) service slips else would give 5 stars!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed at Tasburgh House recently for our honeymoon. The hotel is beautifully situated, our room was lovely and we arrived to find rose petals scattered on our carpet and a card from the staff congratulating us on our wedding. The service was wonderful throughout and attention to detail was superb.

1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Delivered exactly what was promised, with very friendly staff and excellent service. Couldn't really have asked for anything else, the room was pleasant and the breakfast was extremely filling. The staff were attentive without being intrusive and you were always made to feel as if all you had to do was ask if you needed anything. Would thoroughly recommend for a quiet getaway!

Many thanks for a lovely time

Liam

1  Thank Liam_Bristol
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was a terrific 'find'. From all the hotels in Bath, we managed to find the best. Everything was perfect from the warmth of the greeting on our arrival, to the continual concern for our welbeing and comfort during our stay and the stunning decor.
The shower room contained the softest and largest towels we have ever encountered in a hotel, the bed was huge and comfortable and the level of attention to detail faultless.
It was also a very lovely walk into town, through their extensive gardens leading down to the Kennet and Avon towpath, through Stanley Gardens and into the middle of the City.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We spent last weekend in Bath (a surprise for my birthday), and my partner had booked us in to stay at Tasburgh (pronounced Tase-Borough in case you were wondering!) House.
I can honestly say that of all the hotels I've ever stayed - and there have been a few - the welcome we received at Tasburgh House was the warmest. Our room (Keats) was fabulous, with views overlooking the terrace, the gardens and Bath itself and to say we were delighted is an understatement.
The staff were friendly, helpful and courteous to a fault and nothing was too much trouble for them.
The room, the hotel itself and the breakfasts were all first rate, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Sue and her staff for making us feel so welcome and ensuring that our stay in Bath was definitely one to remember.

I have read a lot of the other reviews of this hotel and I really feel that some people seem to have been deliberately nit-picking. Yes, the hotel isn't in the centre of Bath, but it DOES say that on their site and literature, and it is only a 20 minute walk into the city itself, and if you go through the gardens and along the canal it is a lovely walk - even in November/December. And by being outside of the city centre you have the added benefit of ample parking.
Another point that struck me was that another guest was complaining that he was still waiting for the cooked breakfast he'd only bothered to order 15 minutes earlier... We didn't have the cooked breakfast, but were perfectly aware that it was NOT standard fare and needed to be ordered specially, so if I HAD ordered a cooked breakfast - without specifying my request beforehand - I would be more than happy to wait for the staff to cook my meal fresh and from scratch. I guess you can't please all the people all the time, although from my own experience, the staff here come pretty close!

I would not hesitate to return here and look forward to going back in the summer, and likewise, wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel.

A very well deserved 5 stars from us!

Room Tip: If you're tall (I'm 6' 1") then you might want to let them know when you book, as some of the rooms on the second floor have sloping ceilings... This wasn't a problem for me particularly, and added to the charm of the room, but I suspect that for some it could potentially be an issue.
1  Thank 828Chris