“Comfortable, friendly and stylish”
Review of Tasburgh House

Tasburgh House
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, friendly and stylish”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A substantial, beautifully furnished and decorated Victorian house, with lots of period features, which is also immaculately clean and very comfortable. I stayed in the 'Dickens' room, one of the smaller rooms, but well laid out and with ample space, including a folding desk. Arriving late, I was pleased to find a couple of spare parking places. I was warmly welcomed and I appreciated the fresh milk for my tea. Sue and the staff were very friendly and attentive throughout my stay, with helpful tips on enjoying the area, where to eat etc. The large conservatory and terrace overlooking the very extensive gardens are lovely, and the continental breakfast was very good, and set me up for the day. I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Brian E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Have stayed at Tasburgh House 4 times and will certainly return.
Everything about this hotel is great. Sue, the owner, is very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Her staff are attentive, courteous and pleasant. There are splendid views across Bath, from the garden rooms and the terraces. On our last trip, we had the continental breakfast but the fresh salmon and scrambled eggs are delicious and filling.

Room Tip: Have always stayed in a room overlooking the beautifully laid out garden. The 'Tennyson room'...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Easthampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for just one night while touring around the Cotswolds. It was a lovely stay. Everyone was very helpful. The building is beautiful. Rooms are clean and the best of modern and period touches. We stayed in the "Austen" room upstairs, which made me smile - genuine skeleton key lock!

I would only note for travelers who have mobility issues that there is no lift and it is about a 1mile (lovely, riverside) walk into the city center. Taxi's are also readily available.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The view is absolutely perfect - something from a movie. Utterly beautiful gardens overlooking Bath and able to be enjoyed for breakfast, evening drinks, and from the hotel room. The walk into Bath is lovely. The whole hotel is very tastefully decorated and the rooms are extremely comfortable.

The staff couldn't have been any more helpful, kind, genuinely nice people. Especially Sue and the breakfast waiter.

I couldn't recommend staying here enough. It is the best place to stay in Bath without a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Gardens - it is definitely worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Granada, Spain
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A group of my girlfriends and I stayed here for the weekend. The hotel made our stay in Bath extra special. We had a picnic by the canal (blankets provided), beautiful rooms, the service was fantastic.We all said we'd like to come back with our partners because not only did it work for a hen party, but a romantic weekend away too. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at Tasburg for 12 days. I was all by myself, so Sue kindly taught me everything I need to stay comfortably. The view of her well-organized garden itself is attractive, and over it and Avon river, sweeping view of Bath valleys spread, which were breathtakingly beautiful, which I will never forget in my life. This guest house has every merit which private run hotels have. Sue taught me local restaurants, which turned out to be excellent,which leads me to have totally changed my opinion about poor 'English food'!  I had a hired car. when I asked Sue where to go, she recommended me some nice attractive villages not described in a guidebook.
I prefer staying at this kind of friendly hotel rather than those organized giant corporations. I will make it a rule to visit her at least once a year. Thank you Sue! from Nori

Room Tip: Any room is cute and attractive, but one who likes view might better book a room on the garden side...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Moo2012980
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is in a very scenic location with a fantastic view.

Service was excellent, as was the breakfast spread. The rooms were well appointed - perhaps a little on the small side, but packed in everything we needed.

It was a most enjoyable stay, with absolutely no hiccups. Perhaps the only downside is that Tasburgh is a short drive outside central Bath - making it necessary to jump in taxis/buses to go back and forth.

Would stay again.