“Lovely Experience”

Tasburgh House
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Bath
“Lovely Experience”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Hotel on 3rd and 4th August, in the Thomas Hardy room which has a beautiful view overlooking the Hotels wonderful gardens. You can stroll down the garden to a gate which leads to a path by the Kennet canal and walk into Bath town centre.

The rooms are really well thought through individually in a boutique kind of style, Sue and her team are genuinely friendly and helpful. We sat in the lovely lounge and I drank a couple of glasses of the finest cabernet sauvignon (from New Zealand I think) that I've ever had.

Breakfast is a really nice continental style with all the usual things or a massive full English as an extra.

I can vouch for this place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at the B&B for two nights, an amazing stop! Beautiful view at Bath and an great walk to town from the garden along side the river. We stayed in the Dylan Thomas room which was at a perfect location at the hotel.

1 Thank Silvia-Michel T
Enfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our children paid for our visit to this hotel as an Anniversary Gift. We found the staff very helpful and very pleasant, Sue the owner/manager is lovely, friendly and very hard working. We did find our room rather small, but it was clean, as was the bathroom felt very homely. The only think I would say looking at the prices it should have breakfast included in the price.

wales
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Ok it's expensive and you have to pay extra for a full English, but you get a fantastic host (Sue) whose enthusiasm and commitment rubs off on her staff, a fabulous property with comfortable rooms, superb gardens and terrace. The breakfast on the terrace/conservatory in the early morning sun overlooking Bath was gorgeous and the freshly cooked breakfast superb and worth the extra cost. Lovely walk (or cheap taxi) into Bath centre. Try it it's Class!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank WalesWelshman
Warwickshire, UK
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a very pleasant place to stay....but...it is fairly highly priced for a B & B and yet breakfast and in fact any hot food, is priced as a "supplement"...a supplement of almost £10.00 for an English breakfast is hardly a supplement...your other reviewers are correct in saying that it is a friendly and welcoming place, with attention to detail in the public rooms, and a lovely outlook and garden/terrace area...but the rooms which we were told were superior, whilst being pleasant enough, were certainly not superior. I did write to Sue after our stay, but she hasn't yet responded (it was May so I suspect she isn't going to do so now)...we didn't come away thinking it was lovely, just OK. There was a certain meaness - i.e., no replacement soap, etc., for the second night of our stay...this makes the stay a little depressing and a high price for OK.

Room Tip: Probably more quiet at the back..and perhaps a nicer view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JennyWarwickshire_UK
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I'm sorry to say I had only one night in this lovely hotel on July 24,2014. Sue, the hotel owner/manager made me feel so welcome and at ease immediately. Her staff took very good care of me, including getting my luggage to my room. I was exhausted, having just flown into and driven from Heathrow - first time I'd ever driven in England. (Apparently an old dog CAN learn new tricks, though it may not be as fun as that sounds.) I relaxed on the beautifully landscaped terraced grounds with a glass of wine, too tired to even think about finding a restaurant. Though she was just about run off her feet with new check-ins, she found time to make me a delicious sandwich. I collapsed later into a very comfortable bed, and finally woke up to join the other guests for breakfast. On offer was either a full English breakfast, or just continental. My room was the Dickens room, which had little touches of Dickens, the bedside table had a copy of Great Expectations, and a stuffed, formally dressed bear held an open volume of another of his works. Sue gave me clear directions to the Roman baths as I was leaving. I would surely love to return, and can recommend it wholeheartedly for you and your family.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the gardens and the view down to the Avon and Kennet canal.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank GreyRaven
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at Tasburgh house for two nights in July 2014. We had a lovely room with garden view and enjoyed our strolls over the estate. The recommended walk into Bath alongside the canal is just lovely. Everybody at the hotel was very friendly and welcoming. We very much enjoyed the lovely breakfast on the terrace. We would love to stay there again some time.

1 Thank CASJHD