The Bath Priory
US$302
US$367
US$316
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$169
US$272
US$253
Agoda.com
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$182
  • Room Service
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$222
US$129
US$125
1,489 results
All reviewstasting menumichelin stargidleigh parkspecial occasionindoor poolmain restaurantdrawing roomafternoon teapublic roomsspa treatmentscountry houseroyal crescentlovely hotelbirthday treatbeautiful gardena real treatluxury hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed at Bath Priory for two nights at the end of November, taking the benefit of the special Christmas market offer which offered good value compared to the standard rates. We stayed in Peony which is a pretty room overlooking the garden and has an oversized arm chair, perfect for curling up in with a good book! We ate in the restaurant on the first night and enjoyed a delicious meal. I had warned the hotel that my husband cannot eat nuts and when the canapes were brought to us the waiter highlighted that one contained pesto without us having to ask/remind them. We were also extremely impressed by another waiter who, having seen I was pregnant, came back after I ordered the souffle and explained that it wasn't cooked at a high enough temperature for the egg yolks to be completely cooked and asked if I still wanted it. I didn't and was very grateful that she had pointed this out, especially as I hadn't even thought to ask the question. We enjoyed relaxing in the sitting rooms at various points during our stay, particularly as they both had log fires burning away. We also enjoyed using the Spa - the pool is relatively small (about 20m) but we actually had it to ourselves which was great. It's worth pointing out that the hotel only allows children to use the pool at certain times which is great for adults wanting a child free experience as we did. We both had treatments in the double treatment room and found them to be very relaxing (my husband actually fell asleep during his massage!) Breakfast offered the usual buffet plus some extras eg superb French cheese before the option of something hot. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would certainly return.

Room Tip: The hotel website has a room tour so you have the opportunity of choosing your room in advance
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The beds were cozy and the room service for breakfast was fabulous. Loved the grounds and the fireplaces roaring. Great stay all around. Friendly and professional service. Grand accomodations. Lavish spa. Stayed in the Rose room. VERY floral and country, but suits the hotel well. Recieved an email after check out that I left some valuable jewelry in the room and they are in the midst of returning it to me now. That is great service!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed for 4 nights, 3 of which was part of the hotels New Year package. We have twin babies so had one of the family suites which are due to be refurbished the first half of 2012.

I agree with the previous reviewer regarding the mattress as ours wasn't great but we still slept well. Assuming the new family rooms get new beds this shouldn't be a problem again for these rooms anyway.

Although not right in the centre of Bath it is very close and we had no trouble walking into the centre.

It was our second stay and we enjoyed it every bit as much as the first. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The food and service throughout was superb. The spa isn't huge but we used the pool everyday with the babies (set times for children) and there was always plenty of space.

We had a great time and will definitely return.

Room Tip: The family suites are great if you have children. Otherwise a main house room as big as you can afford. Our first visit we stayed in their smallest room and it was still perfectly fine.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I satyed one night at the Bath Priory Hotel. Its a nice hotel but too expensive and too far away from everything. If you want to visit Bath you need a taxi constantly and that can be a hazzle because the hotel is at a street with heavy traffic at times. The rooms are spacious and clean. However the matraces are old and too soft my taste. Dont be surprised when your back hurts the next morning. What is very good is the house itself. It has a very nice reading room and restaurant. So if you are in Bath for a wedding or something i would definetly chose it.
If you are a typical Bath tourist and you want to hag out in the city i recommed the Abbey Heights. Very nice and right in the center. Bath by the way is great - we loved it

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank amadeu1
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My wife took me to The Bath Priory to celebrate my Birthday and it was amazing. The welcome was very warm, the room was beautiful and the meal...we enjoyed so much. I would like to thank Caroline for a lovely birthday card and a little present and also to all the staff which made my Birthday so special.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple