“Luxury Hotel no doubt about it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bath Priory

The Bath Priory
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Bath
London
“Luxury Hotel no doubt about it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

My boyfriend surprised me with a night's stay at this hotel for my birthday so this was always going to be positive review. Having said that this hotel is beautiful - it's got everything you want from a luxury hotel. He arranged to have a bottle of champagne and a bunch of flowers in the room on arrival which he says was easily arranged for a reasonable price. I was lucky enough to be able to arrange a back massage when we arrived and it was by far one of the best I've had in a while. Had a quick dip in their outdoor pool before tucking in to some scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam. It was a nice sunny day so we were able to enjoy their gorgeous outside area for a few hours before heading out for dinner. Unfortunately their restaurant was fully booked that night but once again the boy did his homework and had booked a table at the lovely Moon & Sixpence. The perfect end to our road trip around South West England.

1 Thank Tex2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2009

stayed just one night (unfortunately) but it left me wanting to get back there asap! Extremely comfortable bed and tasteful decor with a wonderful view over the garden (wisteria). Only one gripe - the two apples provided on the fruit bowl had seen better days. Had breakfast and then sunday lunch which were both superb - raspberry soufle totally historic. It is really nice being able to cook your own toast at breakfast so that you can eat it hot rather than cold and flabby. Food 10/10. Service a little too over attentive which was slightly irritating.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2009

Room was beautifully clean and very big, bed was enormous! Had a shower and bath, in a very classy and large bathroom. Supply nice robes and all Molton Brown products (which my girlfriend didn't allow me to use :-) ).
Location isn't ideal, but its depend what you like, its close to the park, and walkable into town, but dont expect to get there in less than 25mins walk. If you have luggage, taxi is the only way to go.
Having said that, the garden is amazing, and a comfy lounge with newspapers that you will feel at home in quickly.
Breakfast was delicious! so much to choose from and staff in the restaurant were very nice.
Only downside was a confusion with our bill, we arrived and were told breakfast was included, and on check out they told us it wasn't. However we explained and although the manageress accepted there had been a mistake, she was quite short with us on our departure! which was a shame on an end to such a lovely stay.

A lot of money, but worth it for a special occasion.

Quick tip, dont book through the website, go to opodo, huge price difference!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

My husband and I spent a fabulous weekend at The Priory for our first wedding anniversary and it was truly amazing. The room was really big and luxurious, the hotel was really quiet (without being empty!) and the food was out of this world. The breakfasts are worth getting up for, and the dinner is truly Michelin cooking. No request was too much and the staff were really attentive without being in your way at any time. I would definitely recommend it.

Paris-Rome
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

It is always such a pleasure staying at the Bath Priory (it was my second time, booked again a special deal on their official website): I really enjoy the cosy atmosphere of the drawing room and take a turn around the gardens (the grounds are beautiful kept)

The extra are an amazing bed (very comfortable and the pillows are just the most comfy I have ever slept on! ) and highly professional staff, very welcoming.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
sussex, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

Stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. Would recommend for a special occassion as this hotel is really special and made me feel so relaxed as soon as we got there.The room was spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated. Lovely bathroom with really nice toiletries. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in and gave me the best night's sleep I've had for weeks being 5 months pregnant! . We had a fantastic view over the garden . The gardens were very relaxing. I used the outdoor pool which was small but a nice feature of the hotel. Shame the spa was closed for refurbishment, we intend to go back when it's finished. We had a massage and facial in one of the rooms which was very relaxing.
My husband was really impressed by the food and he knows his food. I also really enjoyed the food and service. When I had to ask to eat my dessert out on the terrace because I felt a bit faint( pregnancy related) the staff were really helpful and didn't think I was being fussy!
We chose this hotel because it is quiet , comfortable and has a good restaurant and it exceeded my expectations in how relaxing it was to stay there. It feels like staying in a country house.

1 Thank board79
Oxfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

Arrived at The Bath Priory to be shown to our room, beautifully apppointed, complete with toy box for our 2 year old son - this kept him happy whilst we unpacked ! The weather was fabulous so decided to try out the heated outdoor pool - this really was a surprise. A hidden gem amidst the landscaped gardens, sheltered by the trees so it really did feel like our very own private pool. And it was heated, so many outdoor pools are still chilly to swim in, but this pool was perfect - so much so that we spent the next 2 hours there!
Champagne on the terrace afterwards was served effortlessly, a really wonderful welcome to the City of Bath.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family