“Perfect”

Royal Hotel
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Bath
“Perfect”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have just got back from a perfect stay at this hotel I was part of a party that had booked about 10 rooms for 2 days. Great hotel clean, food good, location good. All staff friendly a young Scottish guy that seemed to be at the hotel for the 2 days we were there (maybe management) was really helpful obviously enjoyed his job as he was talking and smiling to everyone! Good to see an independent hotel doing well in Bath.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
PatronHandR, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your lovely review following your “perfect” stay with us. I am delighted that your party found everything very much to your liking.

I have passed on your kind comments regarding Will (the young Scottish guy) who is a very important part of our team and, as you say, he is a friendly, smiling individual.

Mike MacDermid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Rooms a bit old fashioned ( but i like that ) very clean and friendly . helpful staff. good position in town . chocs biscuits and proper coffee and something to read also in room. warm heated towel rail in bathroom.

Room Tip: look for the dinner one night , bed and breakfast rate mine was £99 per night .The food was good ,bu...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
PatronHandR, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your review following your stay at The Royal and I am delighted that you enjoyed the little extras that we provide in the bedrooms and that you found our staff helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Droitwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel is typical of older city center English hotels. Comfortable, very small but well worn and rather expensive. My room was clean and genuinely comfortable, but it is good thing my wife was not with me as the rooms do not comfortably accommodate more than one client.

The staff were surprisingly friendly and helpful -- a nice positive, especially given the fact that most English hotel staff are not very friendly nor helpful.

Room Tip: Hotel is across the street fro the main Bath train station. thus the quietest rooms are on the side...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Edward B
Thank you for your review which unfortunately was a mix between enjoying your stay with us but with some negatives. I am surprised that you found your room smaller than you would have liked. Unfortunately we are not aware from your review which room you stayed in but if it was a double or twin room, then your comment is particularly surprising as we have never had a complaint about the size of our rooms in the past.

I also, with respect, do not accept that our hotel is “well worn” nor unduly expensive compared to other comparable hotels in the centre of Bath. The whole of the hotel has been refurbished over a three year rolling programme which was completed just over a year ago and we very much believe in the “stitch in time” policy of maintenance after completing such an expensive refurbishment and it is for this reason that we retain the services of a full time decorator/maintenance person.

On the other hand I am delighted that you found our staff friendly and helpful as we are very proud of all of them and invariably receive such praise from all guests who stay with us.

Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel, conveniently located opposite the station and in the centre of Bath. It was excellent value for money and the breakfast was first class. Dinner on both nights was excellent too and the staff were really friendly and efficient.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your thoughtful review following your recent stay with us and I am delighted that you found everything first class and excellent value for money.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I had a very comfortable stay at this clean, tidy hotel. It's very close to the rail station, making it ideal for tourists. Food served in the morning was delicious. Staff are friendly.

We paid £80 for one night stay and breakfast- down from £135. In all honesty, I would have been disappointed if I had paid £135. The decor is a bit tired. However, £80 for a double room was definitely good value for money.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mariam M
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay albeit you felt that the decor is a little tired. We retain the services of a full time decorator and I assure you that our rooms are redecorated as and when necessary but we do strive to maintain a decor style which is in keeping with this lovely Grade II listed building, which we appreciate may not be to the taste of all our customers.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Staying in Bath recently we had to walk past this hotel to get into the town centre. On our way back from an afternoon shopping we decided to call in for a well deserved drink. What a gorgeous place! The bar was comfy and the gentleman behind the bar was lovely. We ended up staying for 2 drinks and booked a table in the restaurant for that evening. We came back in the evening and were shown to a lovely table near the window, the restaurant was pretty quiet but it was about 9 pm and mid week, the staff were wonderful and the food absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend the restaurant here, I can't comment on the hotel to stay at, yet, but plan to rectify that on our next Bath visit! The whole place had a lovely feel about it and look forward to booking in !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review following visit to our bar and Brasserie Brunel restaurant.

I am delighted that you enjoyed both the food and service and am grateful to you for recommending us.

I do hope that you will stay overnight with us when you next visit Bath and perhaps you would be good enough to contact me personally when you have decided on a date.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on business because I needed to be near the station. I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness and standard of the rooms and the choice and qualify of breakfast. Will definitely come back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much your thoughtful review following your stay with us.

I am delighted that you found everything to your satisfaction and look forward to welcoming you back soon.