“You must stay here!”
Review of Hawkins of Bath

Hawkins of Bath
Ranked #1 of 159 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure that there are more pleasant B&B hosts than Glyn and Diane. They went well beyond traditional B&B service to make our stay extra special. From providing us with all sorts of literature and information of the area, to special breakfasts, treats for the kids for our day long tour and driving us into town several times so we wouldn't have to hire a cab. The accommodations were spotless and wonderfully comfortable. My children said it was the best breakfast they'd ever had. I highly recommend staying here should you ever travel to Bath or anywhere nearby.

Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Hawkins of Bath came highly recommended from a friend. From the moment we arrived Diane and Glyn were the consumate hosts, making us feel at home and being so helpful about what to do in and around Bath. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were amazing (we were in the Lansdown, our friends in the Bathwick). Spotless, Plenty of room, Comfy beds, fresh linen and a great bathroom with roll-topped bath. Breakfast was good, the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on muffin was a treat., and I liked the idea of fresh milk and water available for residents from the fridge. I'm not a fan of UHT! I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone, and if you are a Hobbit fan there's a little feature in the garden which may be of interest!

One word...Excellent!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is not the first time I have stayed at Hawkins of Bath and it will not be the last! Everytime I stay at Hawkins of Bath it is a wonderful trip and the hosts, Glyn and Diane, are always so kind and welcoming. The rooms are beautiful, well decorated and very spacious and both the continental and cooked breakfast is delicious. If you're looking for the perfect hotel - this is it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place comes highly recommended, both Diane & Glyn make you feel welcome from the minute you walk through the door & the rooms are large, lovely and clean, the breakfast's are to cooked freshly and with a wonderful choice of fresh fruit, full English cooked breakfast, toast, etc. Diane & Glyn were able to give me my partner and our friends great ideas of places to visit and also to eat. Next time we are in Bath we will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is one of the best places i've ever stayed...My sister and i were there for the Jane Austen Festival and our stay there was just GREAT...Beautiful place, great bedroom, everything clean, Diane & Glyn are the best...they made us feel at home...breakfast is simply delicious...I loved every bite :) There is no doubt next time at Bath we'll be staying at Hawkins of Bath again...Este es uno de los mejores lugares en donde me he quedado. El lugar es bonito, limpio, Diane y Glyn te hacen sentir como en casa, son adorables. El desayuno es riquisimo. Todo estuvo perfecto, sin duda si regresamos a Bath nos quedaremos de nuevo aqui.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
nevergrim, Owner at Hawkins of Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. We really enjoyed your company when you stayed with us. We often look at the photographs of the Jane Austen festival, you both look great in the outfits that your mother made. It's a pleasure for us to have visitors from around the world, and are so pleased you remember us fondly. With best wishes Diane & Glyn

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night in April 2014 and received a warm welcome from Glyn on arrival. Our room was large with lovely furnishings and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was large with a separate bath (with claw feet) to soak in after a day of sightseeing. The B&B had a sitting room for guests to enjoy and I was able to use the computer in that room free of charge.

The breakfast room is beautiful and the breakfast was great with cereals, juices, toast, etc plus Glyn and Diane cook whatever you want.

Glyn and Diane very proudly showed me a book with lots of photos of the house during the renovation process. This has been a labour of love for them and they can justifiably be proud of the finished product.

I would definately stay here again if ever visiting Bath again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

we have just spent two days with Diane and Glynn in their recently renovated home. Everything is high quality and very comfortable. We were upgraded to their two bedroom suite which was so roomy. Breakfast was a beautiful full breakfast beautifully cooked. They went over and above by running us down to Bath on two occasions. It is about a £7-8 taxi ride to the city.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends