“Fab Breakfast location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jika Jika - CLOSED

Jika Jika
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating
Description: Jika Jika is the brainchild of Bath, England and British Lions rugby legends – Matt Stevens and Lee Mears. Together they have created this business out of a love for coffee and an acknowledgement of the need for a truly amazing cup in the city of Bath.Open 7 days per week, we are driven by a fundamental passion for great coffee served up by our professional baristas. In the 4 years since opening we have also developed a fantastic food menu created from the best local produce. All of our pastries, cakes and breads are made from scratch, daily in store. We also have an amazing array of loose-leaf teas and a sophisticated Cocktail Menu and Wine List.We hope that Jika Jika will feel like your home away from home and that you enjoy some of the fabulous produce we have on offer for you.We love to hold private events at Jika Jika, whether it’s a Birthday Party, Wedding Reception or Anniversary we can create the perfect event for you. With use of either the glass topped atrium or the whole venue we can tailor any event to your specific needs. Our Head Chef will design the ideal menu, whether that is a sit down dinner, buffet or range of delicious canapés.
UK
“Fab Breakfast location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

5 girls on a weekend in Bath - we found this spot on our first morning and were drawn in by the funny blackboard (see picture!). Dining was very casual - we sat on a huge table with another group at the other end. Coffee was fab, between us we had full breakfast, breakfast burritos, poached eggs, eggs benedict and everything was fresh, hot and served quickly. The staff are mostly students working and so you needed to attract their attention - but once you did they were very efficient. Loved it and would go back . Great Value for money - we paid about £10 a head

Bedfordshire
“Characterful coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband is a Bath Rugby fan so a trip to Jika Jika was almost a holy experience for him and we weren't disappointed. We popped in twice; for coffee one afternoon and then for Sunday brunch. Both times, the place was a little busy, but not excessively so, with staff suitably attentive without being over-bearing. I had porridge for brunch, which was creamy and tasty. My husband had eggs benedict, he said it was very good. The coffee was really good too, a very decent cup. We will revisit next time we're in Bath.

Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as good as I hoped”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We booked a table for 3 couples and 3 prams (so we would have space around the table. They didn't have our booking and we were put at a smaller table under some speakers (bearing in mind we had 3 babies!). We ordered 6 meals and an extra side. The soup was cold and I got the dregs of the pan (loads of onion in the bowl) which was awful and I had to ask again for the side which came out late. One of the guys didn't get his meal. The food that came out was good and very tasty.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank SE20142014
Guildford
“Jika Jika”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I travelled to Bath for an event and decided to have breakfast in the city centre Sunday morning, it was a perfect place to read the papers in relaxed surroundings, music playing in the background, I had poached eggs on toast with a glass of Mimosa followed by a cappuccino !
I would Definitely recommend this place for breakfast.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have eaten here a few times now and it never fails to disappoint. I have had the halloumi salad a couple of times now and it is delicious, and a really good size portion, although it was possibly a bit expensive. My boyfriend had the lamb burrito last time we went which he really enjoyed. The milkshakes here are also delicious.
The staff are always very friendly and attentive, and you never feel rushed to leave. I love eating here and will most definitely be back again.

• Visited February 2014