“Convenient location but poor value”

Travelodge Bath Waterside
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed one night. Room clean but took three attempts to find one where all the lights worked. Tiles in bathroom broken, bath panel broken and bath very slippery. No shampoo provided. Had very little sleep as hotel noisy and lot of road noise.
Basically good location but very poor value for money.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Bath Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

We are very sorry to learn of your disappointment with your stay Mandy T. We expect all our facilities to be well maintained to meet with our high standards and to be in a good working order so it is regrettable to learn that your room was not in a good condition. As a brand standard, we currently do not offer shampoo or shower gel in our rooms however toiletries can be obtained from the hotel’s vending machines. This helps us to continue to offer competitive rates for our customers. We would like to take the opportunity to investigate your concerns in more detail and offer a resolution so we would very much appreciate it if you would visit our website and use the Contact Us button to provide us with more details. When doing so, please indicate that you have left a TripAdvisor review.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Bath Waterside

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Booking into what we knew to be a basic hotel for a quick stopover was fine. Cheerful staff and an acceptable room. On Saturday we were up early to continue our journey. The shower produced water that was nearly hot enough for a minute then ran cold. It continued in this miserable cycle for both of us. All we wanted was a bed and shower and the Travelodge failed to deliver on 50%. On checking out we explained the problem but were not offered a complaint form or refund.

Room Tip: We were on the roadside .... Quieter rooms must be on the waterside.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Bath Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for your review BobbyG1981. We are truly sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your stay at our Bath Waterside hotel. We expect all our guests to have access to hot water and we would expect our staff to help rectify any problems you encounter during your stay as quickly as possible. We are sorry for the experience you had with us and would like to investigate the concerns that you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Fantastic location 5 minutes walk from the centre of Bath. The railway station is a stones throw away. Situated on Rossiter Road it is the ideal location with a car park as well. It is next to the canal which you can follow to Pultney bridge passing Bath Rugby ground and the weir on your way. There is a big communal area including a bar and Restaurant . The rooms are excellent spacious and clean.

Room Tip: Try for a room overlooking the water.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2014

After it's recent refurbishment, the Bath Waterside Travelodge offers excellent value for money with good, comfortable and clean accommodation. Situated in a prime location - a short, 5-10 minute walk along the river bank into the city- this Travelodge also offers the advantage of cheap prime parking, always a problem in Bath.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Travelodge Bath Waterside, and all I can say is what an experience.

I was there as part of a stag do - not your stereotypical noisy group as we're a little older, but looking for somewhere cheap for the night. Arriving we booked in only to find that the twin room that had been booked was instead a double, something the gentleman on reception didn't seem bothered in the slightest about as he looked at me blankly and sort of shrugged.

Clearly this hotel is used primarily by stag and hen parties as there was a constant stream of groups arriving and departing, something which also meant a lot of noise - don't stay here if you are looking for a rest!

Luckily the lady on reception on the Saturday night was kind enough to find me some spare duvets to sleep on after I explained that I had only met the chap I was sharing a room with that day, so bed sharing didn't really seem appealing. Using the duvets I managed to shape a bed on the floor and bedded down for a comfortable-ish night accompanied by shouting, screeching and general noise.

Through a turn of events out of my control I had to leave on the Sunday so didn't stay my second night, so left with the clear opinion that I don't wish to return.

As a cheap night in Bath this ticks that box, but don't expect a lot of sleep. I was unimpressed by the staffs attitude towards me and can't say the hotel was particularly impressive in any aspect.

Certainly not somewhere I would take my family for a weekend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dave N
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights on a long weekend with friends.The hotel is in an ideal location as or is right next to the river so an easy and picturesque walk into the centre. The staff were amazing and could not do enough for you. We requested a riverside room which we got and it was nice to wake up to a nice view in the morning. I can honestly say after never having stayed in a Travelodge before I would always look at staying in one now as the beds are so comfy and we found the drinks and food prices very reasonable which is quite refreshing for a hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My check in was nice & easy with a knowledgeable member of staff who was warm and friendly. My room was clean, everything worked OK. There were a few bangs of doors and loud footsteps but nothing to bad.

The breakfast is pretty abysmal, which was quite disappointing.

Having stayed at a number of budget hotels recently I find the travelodge brand the least inviting as a whole. For some reason staff always look really shabby.!

However this hotel is perfectly situated & the check in staff were fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business