“Waterside Travelodge Bath”

Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Bath
goring by sea
“Waterside Travelodge Bath”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Lovely hotel in a beautiful location.Would definetly stay there again.Just a short walk along the river and we were in Bath. the rooms were clean and bright.and our room overlooked a pond .which was full of wildlife,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank northy93

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Greek first
Chingford
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here for one night for a family Silver Wedding anniversary held in Bath. The room was a bit basic but clean, comfortable and importantly quiet...But....only one shampoo/gel bottle in bathroom, tiling a bit dodgy, no aircom but window did open a bit to allow a breeze in. No Hairdryer..but found out we could request to 'borrow' one from reception. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Went for a drink in hotel bar late afternoon,but no draught beers/lagers available until someone changed the barrels. Avoid breakfast !..sorry but fairly basic and not very good quality products. Try and get a room that overlooks the Avon rather that south facing and main road side...some traffic noise and would be hot in the summer

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

There is nothing fancy about this hotel, it is clean, basic and very easy walk to Bath, 10 mins if you a slow walker like me. It is value for money however. Yes the food could be better quality and rooms could have 2 bedside cabinets and sofa etc etc - but for the price you cannot complain. The staff work hard, run around to keep the breakfast buffet topped up, serving drinks at the bar and are very pleasant. For the price , if you want a economical place to stay you cannot beat it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alexandra S
Solihull, UK
Reviewed 11 May 2014

From check-in to check out a truly good experience. The very friendly and helpful staff together with the building and location have made this the best Travelodge we've ever stayed in.

We stayed one Saturday night in early May, along with other family members from across England. The rooms had been pre-booked months before and we'd been allocated rooms close to one another. Nice touch! (We changed ours with no problems because we wanted a quieter one, away from the main road.) The staff were attentive and chatted about the 25th Wedding Anniversary we were there for.

The beds were very comfortable and we got a good night's sleep. The room was spacious, but no sofa and only one hard plastic chair to sit on. If this is the way the refurbishment is going, Travelodge put the sofas back! NOT, I hasten to add this site's fault.

The location is wonderful, not at all the shed in a noisy location you normally get with Travelodges! It's on a bend of the river with the canal joining. And the place has a cafe/bar. Way to go, Travelodge!

To get into central bath a back gate leads onto the river path and along the road a short spell to a footbridge brings you out at the Bath Spa station. Or you can walk alongside the river for a pleasant walk.

Room Tip: Rooms in the annexe or facing the side car park are quieter.
3 Thank OriginalDickieMint
St Albans
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here with friends for a cheap weekend away and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is well located about 10 min walk from the town centre and 5 mins from Bath Spa station. Its in a nice setting by the river so was pleased to see the price we paid for two nights.

Rooms were comfortable and adequate and the breakfast limited but again good value.

On the downside there were insufficient staff on duty to deal with arrivals, bar, breakfast etc but I guess the lack of staff/service is reflected in the price. Another thing that sticks in my throat is having to pay additionally for car parking (£5 a night). I realise most hotels now do this but it does not make it right.

I would certainly consider staying again as its good value.

Room Tip: Try for one overlooking the river rather than car park at the front.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ted H
Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel is good for the money. Very well located, really near the station, right next to the river and a ten minute walk to the town centre. Two things: we couldn't check in unt 3 which wasn't noted on our Skoosh booking, and Travelodge don't have any left luggage facility which was inconvenient. Otherwise, a very good budget hotel experience.

Room Tip: Check in is 3 pm
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

3 Thank Becky J
Gloucestershire, England
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We chose to stay at Travelodge because friends of ours had booked in for the night of 1 May and we wished to join them. We learned later that they paid £59, while we were asked for £77. This is not the kind of business one would expect if, for instance, one went to a shoe shop for a pair of shoes. That shop would sell your chosen pair at £x on any day of the week. There might be a different price in a different shop or if there were a sale on, but I booked my room within days of my friends’ booking theirs, so I felt peeved, especially considering that BREAKFAST WAS NOT INCLUDED. For £77 I could have stayed at a very fine B&B producing a full English breakfast in the morning.

Furthermore, I never expected to have to PAY FOR PARKING my car in the hotel car-park. That was a new experience for me.

Nevertheless we took it on the chin and moved on.

We wished to celebrate the birthday of one member of our party and sought to buy a bottle of champagne in the bar. NO CHAMPAGNE available. Extraordinary. So we bought a bottle of quite acceptable Pinot Griot instead. Could we have a bucket of ice? NO SUCH THING AS AN ICE-BUCKET. Someone in the kitchen produced the next best thing – an OLD PLASTIC TUB that had once held tiling grout.

My wife and I went up to our room. My wife went into the bathroom while I unpacked. She called me in some considerable distress to show me that there was a USED SANITARY TOWEL in the waste bin. Words fail me.

On top of that, the rim of the plug-hole in the washbasin was GRIMY and there was just ONE SMALL AND PARTLY EMPTY VIAL of what was described as soap/shampoo/body-wash to be shared between the two of us. With the thought constantly in mind of other people’s detritus, we spent an uncomfortable night (on horrid pillows). I am not normally paranoid but I felt constrained to keep my socks on all the time, even when showering. My wife, for the first time in the 30 years I have known her, refused even to have a shower.

At around ten in the evening, after we had dined out in the town, we wanted to have a drink in the bar. There was another group of about 8 people for whom a man was making a fairly simple order. The young girl working behind the bar seemed to be very unsure of what she was doing and the whole process took over ten minutes of indecision, coaching, changing minds (because the SELECTION OF DRINKS WAS SO POOR) and nervousness. One had the impression that it was her first night behind the bar and she had had no training. Can trained bar staff be so hard to find?

We and our friends left in the morning without breakfast, preferring not to risk further disappointment.

It is true that we did receive a full refund of our money and an apology of sorts after we had pointed out the sanitary towel to the receptionist, for which we are grateful. But we would have preferred not to have had any part of this poor experience at all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank gilesbick

Travellers are raving about these Bath hotels