“Nice place to stay, friendly owners”

Walton's Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
Walton's Guest House
Ranked #113 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
“Nice place to stay, friendly owners”
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I visited Bath with three friends, so we had two twin rooms. Both rooms were clean and had ensuites. One room only had a shower and toilet, the other had a bath as well.

The owners couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The location was excellent, as it was only about five minutes walk from the town centre, and the breakfast was nice and served quickly.

Overall, I would recommend it. If I was being picky I'd say that one of the bathrooms was a bit small, but for the price we found it good value and suited us down to the ground.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Our room was so small that one of us had to get on the bed in order for the other one to get into the bathroom! Once in the bathroom you had to sit crosswise on the toilet, otherwise there was not enough room for our knees between the toilet & the wall & I am only 5'2". The street was very noisy & was much further to the Baths than we expected. We felt we were imposing on the landlord who was not at all friendly; felt sorry for poor Rosa in the ktchen, who he would yell at from his office, "Rosa get this, do that, etc. We never saw her.The woman who served us our breakfast was lovely & friendly.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Bath hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2010

The rooms at this guest house are impeccably clean and have everything you need. It is well located for all of Bath's attractions.

Ask for a room off the street as the traffic noise is quite noticeable. Breakfast is served rather abruptly and special requests are not appreciated. I was handed a plate of very greasy fried things without being asked what I would like to eat.

I found the landlords to be a bit prickly but that aside, this is a very well run B&B.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night after the B&B we wanted to stay at was booked up. It was recommended by the aforementioned B&B owner, though she must have wanted to stitch us up somehow.

We were disappointed to learn the guest house did not have it's own car park. Yes, we should have checked, but sort of knowing the road it is found on, we thought there would be space out back. I guess the owners wanted it to themselves as it seems all the other B&B's had space for guest parking. But what is £14 for one night's parking in the council CP?

The room was quite small, which I can get over; there is only a certain amount of space in a terraced house. We were only privileged to one sachet of instant coffee and a few teabags in the room. Minor gripes overall, but £85 per night seems astronomical considering the breakfast we were served; well cooked and thoughtfully presented, but the ingredients used in no way reflect on the amount of money we spent.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I booked my parents in this bed and breakfast while they came to visit for a weekend. The place was clean and in a lovely big house in a good location. When we arrived the landlady Rose did not remember our booking and was confused when we turned up. She also questioned my dad about using the wardrobe mirror to trim his beard as he could not use the 2 pin plug in the bathroom. She must have been watching through the window. All in all the room was small but nice and clean and fine for the 2 nights they were there, but I would not put them in here again because of nosey Rose.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank miss_sally1
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2008

A party of us stayed at the weekend to do some sightseeing and it really was ideal - spotlessly clean and only 5 minutes away from the town centre (but just far enough away to escape the noise of the bars and restaurants of the city centre on Saturday night). The bathrooms were small but perfectly functional and looked as though they had been recently refurbished. The owners were extremely helpful and friendly, breakfast was good and the rooms were comfortable with everything we needed. We could check in and leave our stuff from 11 am which was useful too. If I was visiting Bath again I would go for the Waltons every time - excellent value for money

• Liked — Proximity to city centre
  • Disliked — size of rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Janjugs
Coventry-England
Reviewed 20 September 2007

We have just returned from a weekend in Bath, we stayed at The Waltons Guest house.
The two people that own it are really friendly and provided us with a map and told us where everything was and they were always on hand for any information on the best places to go.
The room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was gorgeous!
The guest house was about 5 mins walk from the town centre and The Crescent was only 2 minutes away.
There is a car park at rear which was very reasonably priced we only paid £13.00 for two nights, plenty of spaces as well.
I reccommend Gascoynes([--]) for lunch or dinner...fantastic food and menu. Also a day at Longleat, as it is fantastic and very good value for money.
Would definately reccomend this guest house!

• Liked — The breakfast-YUM
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple