Pulteney House
US$123
US$120
Hilton
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$265
US$143
Agoda.com
US$121
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centretrain linetrain noisethe main housepulteney roadshort walkfamily roomsingle roombreakfast menubasement roomfree car parkingreal bonusprivate bathroomexcellent locationon site parkinglovely gardengreat place to stay
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I recently stayed a night at Pulteney House with my partner, after it was recommended to us. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very nice gentleman who helped us in and gave us our keys and a Bath tourist pack, entitling us to discounts around the city. The room was large and clean, with a huge bathroom and no outside noise to disturb our sleep. Breakfast the next morning was delicious (I had the Eggs Benedict, which I highly recommend) and upon checking out we were told that we were free to leave our car until 3pm if we wanted to go and look around Bath again - we were even loaned an umbrella as it was raining! Bath centre is a few minutes walk away, as is the Thermae Spa and the abbey.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house, which was quiet and well kept.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harriet M
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I was working on Northern Parade and looked on google for somewhere nearby to stay. I was very impressed with the hotel. Although my single room was quite small it was very warm and clean with the most comfortable bed. Plenty of parking and although I had parking where I was going the owner said they were most happy for me to leave my car there. The breakfast menu was huge and was difficult to decide what to have. The only downside - I wish they did evening meals as the hotel is so lovely. It is only a short walk into Bath with all its attractions.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mel0253
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Lovely old house, well presented with very courteous patrons and a fab breakfast. In easy walking of main town, 5 mins. Would recommend if your wanting to explore Bath town centre, you just need to book a table at a restaurant on a Saturday night as most were full!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gorgeous G
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here 03/05/14 for a post Christmas no family,friends weekend...bliss..very clean, breakfast amazing. I dont usually sleep well in strange beds, but the first morning we were nearly late for breakfast as I slept so well. The free parking is a huge bonus and its not far to walk in to Bath.The Couple who own it are lovley and very helpful too. Now...in some earlier reviews some guests complained about the train noise, I must say after the first few we were used to it and it didnt bother us at all. I would have no qualms about staying here again!

Room Tip: we were in No 17 which is in the coach house...nice bed!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I went just for a one night stay on New Years Eve but I would definitely return here for a short break in Bath. Location is great provided you can manage a flat 10 minute walk across the river (or along the Riverside walk if its dry). Easy parking and we were lucky to be able leave our cars there next morning to visit Bath again.
Friendly and helpful staff, far more breakfast options than anyone could eat including the usual juices, yogurts, cereals, toast and full English but also Eggs benedicte, smoked salmon & scrambled egg and much more. The decor is clean and smart enough but intentionally traditional with dark oak and patterned carpets- don't expect light and minimalist or you will be disappointed. Embrace the frills and I think you will enjoy your stay.
The room with the 4 poster bed also had a sofa and plenty of space and was warm, quiet and comfortable with modern ensuite.
A bonus was a Bath tourist 'card' attached to the keys which gave us an extra hour for free in the Thermae bath spa ( must be seen and experienced to be believed) and gives reductions in lots of restaurants too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple