“Loved the Hotel”
Review of The Ayrlington

The Ayrlington
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 4 October 2007

The rooms were very nice and clean, staff pleasant and helpful, and breakfast very good.

It's in a good location within walking distance of the town center and many fine restaurants.

We also liked the quaint sitting room for after hours drinks.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marko89
Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed 31 August 2007

Perfect location (and free on-site parking, a rarity in Bath!), 10 min or so walking to the city center. Nice garden. We had a small but comfy room, "Poppy", which though small was fine. Quiet, though it is on a rather large avenue.
Nothing to complain about, just that...is is worth £125 (cheapest room of the hotel, in fact)? This is (for the continentals) about 185 euros. For a place that is definitely nice and comfy, but not really luxury. Apparently, for over-rated wonderful Bath, this is the range...on most cities on the continent you would not even pay £100 for a similar thing...

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2007

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Ayrlington and were simply amazed at the excellent service provided by this small hotel with only 14 rooms. We have had lesser service at 5 star properties elsewhere! From the owner assisting with luggage to the front desk returning (to the US) my husband's wallet (contents intact) that he forgot in the room safe, the Ayrlington was exceptional.

We appreciated the convenient location, beautiful garden, peaceful atmosphere, delicious breakfast, and immaculate, comfortable room with a huge bathtub (I had a grand bath in Bath!). I highly recommend this hotel and will suggest it to others.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 August 2007

The Ayrlington is a lovely hotel in a fantastic location for exploring the city of Bath. We stayed in the Empire room which is a very spacious four poster room with great views of both the immaculately maintained garden and the city beyond it. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would reccomend it to anyone visiting the city looking for something a bit more than the run of the mill B&B.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2007

I stayed at Ayrlington only one night. I wish I had stayed longer. Good location, ten minute walk to the city center, familiar atmosphere, beautiful garden, very nice staff, wonderful breakfast. I stayed with my sister I believe in their smallest room, the one with separate beds, however a very nice, aired room with a beautiful view and a large, nice bathroom.
We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2007

Before arriving in Bath we spent almost a week in London and on our last night before leaving for Bath I came down with food poisoning. By the time we checked in to the Arylington I felt miserable. My wife explained our situation to the kind woman working at the front desk and she helped us get situated in our room. She was kind enough to get my wife directions to the nearest chemist and to the nearest doctor. We would have been lost without their help. We stayed in the Empire Room and it was beautiful. The room had a magnificent view over the property's wonderful garden as well as of Bath itself. The walk to Bath Abbey and the Roman Baths was a breeze. Again, great staff and location, we highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2007

My partner and I stayed at the Ayrlington for one night in June. We found the hotel spotlessly clean and the rooms were furnished to a very high standard. We stayed in the Ivory Room and it was beautiful.

The grounds were particularly lovely and well worth a stroll around.

The staff were very obliging and the lady on reception we found helpful and cheerful.

One minor grumble.... we were told checkout was by 10.30. We had our bags packed and my partner was taking the cases to the car when the receptionist knocked on the door to find out what time were were leaving. I thought it was a bit eager of them as it was only 10.35 and we were packed and just going to reception. To their credit though, they were very obliging by allowing us to leave our car in their car park while we spent the rest of the day in Bath. This was very much appreciated.

I can highly recommend this hotel. We had a great time in Bath and would definately return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple