2 people are viewing this hotel
£80
Fully refundable before Thu, 7 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
1,566 results
All reviews grand suite empire room zen room tulip room city centre rugby ground bath abbey lovely garden lovely hotel top floor car park breakfast room breakfast was delicious minute walk full english busy road no lift
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2023 via mobile

We have just stayed in this lovely hotel and were very impressed.

We had the Garden Room. Clean and spacious with a nice walk in shower. However, lost a star because the lighting was dim making it tricky to get to ready and the room also smelled damp, it feels like it needs a good air/more air circulation. There were no signs of mould but we could definitely smell the damp and it was high humidity.

The service was exceptional, all the staff were so helpful and polite. Really lovely. Breakfast was nice but my husband and I ordered the same thing yet they gave him a bigger portion which was a bit odd.

We would definitely stay again but probably ask for a different room next time.

Thanks for making our stay lovely.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2023 via mobile

Could not fault this hotel for our short break to Bath. We stayed in the Abbey room and enjoyed a fabulous view of the fireworks from our window. Lovely decoration, comfortable bed, friendly, helpful staff and excellent breakfasts made for the perfect stay. We paid for parking and didn’t need to move the car as the Ayrlington is near enough to Bath centre to walk easily.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenny_ianWalsall
Reviewed 6 November 2023

This was a great location for exploring Bath. Overall it's a lovely guesthouse, perfectly clean and warm with a well equipped bedroom. The reception, bar staff and waiting staff were all very friendly and helpful. We were very disappointed with breakfast on both mornings of our two night stay. The full English breakfasts were served on very cold plates, the food was cold even before it reached our table. We did feedback to the waiting staff, who agreed with us and said other guests had said the same?!? I'm wondering if they are reluctant to feed anything back to the chef, as there was a constant stream of shouting and profanity from the kitchen both mornings.....perhaps he was channelling his inner 'Gordon Ramsey', but I very much doubt that Gordon Ramsey would repeatedly send out hot food on stone cold plates.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SLHSLH2015
Reviewed 11 October 2023

Top marks to this hotel. Room spacious, clean and comfortable. As for the breakfast, superb thank you chef.
In a very good location that made getting into the town centre a very easy walk. All the staff we encountered were efficient and friendly.
Would not hesitate to recommend.
A special thank you to the receptionist that answered my call after we had checked out and got to our next stop. I couldn’t find my glasses and was getting a bit stressed so called. She kindly checked the car park then went to check our room to no avail.
Then I found them having put them in an obscure pocket of my bag...
Thank you so much for looking.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2023

My daughter took me here for my birthday. I couldn’t have wished for better. The room was small but beautifully clean. The staff and customer service was better than anything I have experienced in the last few years. The breakfast was incredible and nothing was too much trouble the attention to customer needs was first class. The proximity to the centre of Bath was perfect. Parking in the hotel is extra at £10 a day which seems expensive but you would struggle to find parking in the city.

Room tip: If you book directly you will get a better choice of rooms.
Date of stay: October 2023