“Quaint Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Bath
London, United Kingdom
“Quaint Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. I stayed in a single room which was beautifully decorated and an excellent size. It was immaculate. The free wifi was a real bonus with keeping in touch with friends.

It is well placed for many attractions including the Austen Centre and the Theatre Royal.

My only negative was the fact that I did have to compete with the noise from the pub opposite my window at night. However I will rebook when I visit again.

Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Book in advance. I went via the visitbath website
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Sue D
sullyBath, Owner at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Harington's. Glad to see you found your room to be to your liking and that you enjoyed our super fast free Wi-Fi. Many thanks again and I hope we can welcome you back to Bath and Harington's very soon. Peter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Unfortunately we were only staying for one night - would have loved to have stayed for longer. Perfect location - central to everything, staff were really friendly and helpful, room was beautiful and bed really comfortable, breakfast was excellent. Will be returning as soon as we can get the in-laws back again to look after our little one!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cjdjHampshire
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed at Harringtons with my mother in July - we booked for Sunday and Monday night. This was my third time staying in Harringtons - the first time was in 2007 after the hotel was renovated. It has since changed owners and this was my first visit since that happened. What the other reviewers say is all true, the staff are generally very helpful and the hotel is in a lovely central location. Three things should be noted however:

1) The night before my stay, I went online to check the address. I noticed that they were offering a discount for 2 nightly stays between Sunday and Thursday. As my stay qualified I enquired about this when I checked in the next day. I was informed that because I had not asked for the discount at the time of booking, I could not now receive the discount. I was told that my room rate had been confirmed to me in an email - I explained that I had not recieved this email (I have no record of it), but was told that I was mistaken, an email had been sent to me and I must pay the full rate - Like it or Lump it basically.

2) On arriving in the Family room (one double and one single), with the knowledge that I was now paying more than I needed to, I was again disapointed to see that the room - while still being handsomely decorated - was now showing signs of wear and tear. For example, there were beverage stains on a table and a chair and also the wall lights had been re-mounted, but the old bracket marks were still clearly visible. Not what I expected for my £310 fee.

3) The third issue is not a problem with the hotel itself but rather its location. Bath town centre suffers from extra numbers of seagulls during the summer months - which makes for a particularly noisy night's sleep.

So all in all, I would give this hotel 7 out 10, where as I used to give it 10 out of 10. And on my next visit to Bath, I plan to research some new lovely locations, rather than head back to my old haunt.

If you do stay here, I can highly recommend The Firehouse restaurant, a mere 20 seconds walk from the hotel - great good, attentive staff and a friendly atmosphere - that has kept up its high standards over the last 4 years.

Room Tip: Check the internet for offers before making your booking and ask for any discounts that might apply...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank MrsJG
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I have stayed here a few times with my elderly mother. It was perfect as we generally came over for the theatre which is just down the road.
Unfortunately she can no longer manage the stairs so we have had to go somewhere else which was a shame.
The room we shared had a small single room attached which was perfect for us. The breakfasts were great and everyone was very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank janmaddox
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

This is a lovely hotel right in centre of Bath. The location is perfect for exploring the city. Room was lovely and had everything you need. Staff are very good and very friendly. The breakfasts are great and keep you going all day long. There are rooms to store luggage so if you need to continue exploring staff at the hotel make sure your bags are kept safe. Parking is a short distance away so make sure you unload the car at the hotel before going to park. The one downside, no fault of the hotel, is the early morning rubbish collection in the street outside the hotel, this may be because we had a 1st floor room overlooking Queen Street, other rooms may not notice the early dustcarts. Overall fully recommended as a great city hotel location

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Rugby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

We had one night in the hotel and although it was clean and staff polite, we still felt we'd been stiffed at £155 for a sleep. Parking - a few hundred metres from the hotel - was another £11.
Next time in Bath we'll opt for the Travelodge.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
Darmstadt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Haringtons is a small, boutique hotel in the centre of Bath. Rather than stay in the main hotel, we chose to stay in a small, self-catering apartment, owned by the hotel, just around the corner.

The apartment - or city pad - as they call it, sleeps two easily, three at a push. We were very impressed by the quality and finish of the apartment - it was well furnished and had everything we needed.

Free WiFi and a ready supply of coffee, tea, milk and fresh towels gave some of the comforts of a hotel experience to a self-catering location. Indeed, included in the cost of the apartment is a continental breakfast in the hotel each morning. This "blended" approach of hotel and apartment is both novel and welcome.

The apartment is located right in the centre of town - most of the major sites of Bath are within 5 minutes walk, as is a supermarket. Parking is available (charged extra) as reserved bays in a public car park about 5 minutes walk away - it's better to drop your bags off first, then park.

The only downside to this hotel is the noise. Building work was taking place in a nearby property, but we found ourselves woken early each morning by the builder arriving and noisily dismantling his parking fences. The work looked near to completion, so hopefully by the time we stay again, the problem will have vanished. Just be aware that Bath is a student city and you're in a downtown hotel - there will be the odd disturbance from the local pubs and bars. If this is likely to bother you, maybe a hotel further out would be better.

Would I go back - absolutely. I really liked the hotel, location and staff. The concept is good, the price is excellent and Bath itself if a great town. Don't miss this one!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple