“Great location, wonderful service”

Harington's City Hotel
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 29 November 2012

My husband & I stayed in Harington's for our wedding anniversary & the Christmas markets when I was 7 months pregnant. The location meant it was easy for us to come back to the room regularly for me to rest, and since the staff had given us one of the easiest to access rooms (knowing I was pregnant) it meant we had a very relaxed holiday. The room was beautifully decorated & immaculately clean, the breakfasts were delicious & despite its central location the hotel was surprisingly quiet at night. Knowledgable, friendly staff meant we got good directions & information making all our sight seeing plans very easy & enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you have any mobility issues let the staff know as there are a lot of stairs!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am extremely glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel and found all the staff friendly and knowledgeable.

We are always happy to allocate rooms on the first floor if available, and assist with taking luggage to the room.

I am glad you had an enjoyable anniversary with us, and wish you the best with you upcoming baby. We do hope you will stay again in the future.

Regards

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed 27 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at Harington's for 1 night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We wanted a central location to be able to explore Bath and it was perfect for that. Straight from our arrival the customer service we experienced was brilliant. Welcoming without being over bearing! The rooms are lovely - clean and comfy, the information provided in the rooms was very helpful. I hadn't been very well prior to going away and we requested to delay checkout which seemed to not be any problem and then the receptionist remembered and asked how I was feeling when we were checking out.
A really enjoyable stay and I cant wait to be able to go back.

Room Tip: Only saw room 10 where we stayed - definitely recommend it
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Thank you for you kind review of the hotel. I am extremely glad you found all aspects of the hotel to your liking and that you found all of the staff welcoming and courteous.

I am glad we could assist with giving you a later check out. We are always happy to do so whenever possible.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

My boyfriend and I visited this hotel roughly a month ago. We found the hotel easily thanks to our sat nav - I would not recommend trying to navigate the one-way systems and narrow streets without assistance! The hotel is on a lovely little street, however it is terrible to drive down/stop on: I recommend if you're driving to the hotel to just go straight to the Charlotte Street car park and walk from there, it only takes a few minutes. In terms of parking the hotel has its own area reserved for guests in the aforementioned Charlotte Street car park, however we found that it worked out cheaper to call the phone number listed above the pay machine and pay for our parking over the phone (a good tip from a friendly parking attendant we happened across!) rather than book a parking pass with the hotel itself.

The hotel itself was lovely, our room was on the top floor and although it was a little small we were perfectly happy and it had everything we needed. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and one lady in particular was very helpful when we asked for restaurant recommendations - she immediately pulled out and started doodling on a map for us, showing us restaurants to suit a range of tastes and budgets. We ended up booking at a small high end (but very reasonably priced) family run restaurant called The Circus which I would definitely recommend.

Unfortunately on the first morning of our trip I fell very ill, so was unable to try the breakfast. However there was a wide selection of fruits, yogurts, cereals and pastries available, and you could upgrade to a cooked breakfast if you wished. Due to how ill I was we were unable to leave the hotel for the entire day (except for a trip to the hospital), but in the evening the staff were kind enough to lend us a DVD player for our room and allow us to select a few films to watch to keep us entertained.

All in all it was a great choice if you're willing to pay for a bit of luxury.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank samgiraffes

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found all the staff helpful.

I am glad we could assist you with the DVD player and DVD's for when you were unwell, and that we could assist with booking The Circus for you for dinner. It is indeed a very good restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Spent 1 night at Harington's for Christmas shopping in Bath. My sister and I wished it was for longer. Room was gorgeous,beautifully decorated,spotless,quiet and extremely comfortable. Being so close to the shops meant we could call back to unload our shopping and have a bite to
eat and glass of wine.
The staff couldn't do enough for us and breakfast was exceptional. Lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Room 7 was very quiet. 1 double & 1 single bed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make such positive comments about the hotel and your stay. I am extremely please that you found the room comfortable and clean, and all the staff helpful. We are lucky with our location being so close to the centre.

We do hope you will visit again in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

The hotel was lovely with great rooms and full of character. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The breakfast was fantastic and it is a perfect location for exploring the centre of Bath. There were 4 of us who stayed here an we were very impressed.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make such positive remarks about the hotel. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us. I do hope you will visit again in the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend after I researched lots of hotels. It wasn't the cheapest but then that was a common theme. The staff were really helpful when I called to book, recommending a room that perfectly met our needs. They even arranged for beers to be put on ice in the room upon arrival as a surprise for my boyfriend.
The rooms were contemporary but I wouldn't say they were quirky, nice touch having a DAB radio.
The hotel is nice and central and the breakfast was tasty, again the staff were really accommodating when we needed to change our selection outside of the menu.
I wanted something nice but not OTT and this hotel more than delivered, but you are paying for it too. For the money I think they could have put in a few more touches like water and biccies in the rooms. I have stayed in less expensive boutique hotels that do this and other quirky touches. The hotel is in the city centre and does not have parking on site, but they have got a facility a short walk away....maps and directions were not the best tho!!!
On the whole we loved our stay but when I weigh it up we spent all our time out!!! Overall a great location, and a great little hotel in an area where hotels can be pricey. I think this was a great choice when you compare it to others in the same price range.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make such a positive review. I am extremly glad that you had enjoyable stay with us at the hotel and found all the staff helpful.

We do now place compimentary filtered water in the rooms. The water is filtered on site and goes through a seven stage process. We do also provide small caramel bisuits in each room.

I do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Lovely hotel, beautiful decor(room12) great staff and good breakfast. Stairs were a challenge but well worth the effort, and helped burn of the calories gained from too many cakes and Bath Buns! Will always return when visiting Bath.

• Stayed: November 2012
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for your very positive review. I am extremely glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. All of our rooms are decorated to a high standard and many have been recently refurbished.

We are very lucky with our location being in the heart of Bath, we are close to all major attractions. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.