“Great boutique hotel in centre”

Harington's City Hotel
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Harrington for a birthday treat. Great location and the room has many of the little touches many hotels lack. Would thoroughly recommend for a weekend break and bath is small enough to visit by train or car

• Stayed: August 2013
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us. I an extremely glad that you had and enjoyable stay and birthday.

I an happy you found everything to you liking and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed over after going to the theatre and will definitely stay again. The staff couldn't be more helpful and the location is simply unbeatable for sightseeing, restaurants, shopping and theatre. Our (standard) room was compact but had been well thought out and had everything you could reasonably need. Infact this applies to the whole place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found all the staff to be helpful.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel based on Trip Adviser reviews and we were not disappointed.
Easily found with a sat nav, maybe slightly harder if no sat nav but once it's found you're not far from anywhere in city centre. We stayed one Sunday night, temperature was high during the day and pretty warm at night but no problem with noise anywhere nearby.
The hotel is decorated tastefully and well laid out although the building is relatively small. There is no on-site parking but you can book a local car park at an extra cost. The car park is close and within walking distance. We booked this at the same time as hotel.
The room was spacious, modern and the bed was very comfortable. the shower was a decent size, and toilet very well laid out.
Breakfast is excellent. There are continental breakfasts, orange juice, orders will be taken for tea and toast and breakfast is in menu form. We both opted for a cooked breakfast which was quite substantial.
Staff are very friendly and helpful. I would definitely use this hotel again, and recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlasgowGuitarist
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the hotel to your liking.

I am glad that you enjoyed what was on offer for breakfast, and found all the staff in the hotel to be helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Had an excellent weekend in Bath at Harringtons. I went for the package which included the private jacuzzi which was a nice touch. The hotel was right in the centre of town so everything was a maximum of 5minutes walk. Breakfast and the service was flawless. Wasn't the cheapest but it seems that the whole of Bath isn't either! Would go again

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us. I am extremely glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the Hot Tub, it has proved very popular.

We are lucky with our location, and I am glad that you would stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

This is a charming, small hotel in the heart of Bath's historic district.

Our room was larger than most rooms in older, boutique hotels and was well equipped with a very comfortable bed, large wardrobe and a bright, functional bath. There's no lift but stairs and landings are well designed and easy to navigate.

Breakfast was excellent, with a full selection of hot dishes and a good cold buffet spread. It's served in charming rooms that take you back to Georgian times if you squint your eyes.

The staff are friendly and helpful with restaurant and sightseeing recommendations. We will definitely stay here when we return to Bath.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeanpW
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

All of our rooms do differ in size, and we do our best to maximise the space. I am happy to hear that you found the room to be spacious and the bathroom to you liking.

I am thrilled to hear that you found all the staff to be helpful and friendly, and glad that you found the recommendations to be helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Loved this hotel! The rooms were nicely appointed, the location was outstanding (right down the street from the Roman Baths/other sights), and the staff was helpful/courteous. These were the most comfortable beds we slept on for our entire trip through England, pure heaven. The breakfast was outstanding: they offered a wide variety of choices as well as the standard "meatie" as well as a spread including lots of fresh ripe fruit, multiple types of juice, cereals, yogurt, etc. The only drawback is one that you find in most European hotels: no elevator/lift. However, the staff carried our bags up to our room and so we didn't have lug them ourselves. Felt like we had a little "home away from home" at Harington's and we'd definitely go back if we return to Bath.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TaraRoadTrip

Thank you for taking the time to make such a positive review about you stay with us. I am extremely glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found all aspects of the hotel to you liking.

Unfortunately we do not have a lift, however we are happy to assist with bags to the rooms. I am glad you found the hotel to be like "home away from home", and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We checked in on Fri 21st June and stayed for 2 nights.

Haringtons is a perfectly pleasant base and we would stay there again - very central and we could walk all around Bath without having to get a taxi.

I received an email from the manager about a week before we were due to stay to advise us to book a restaurant if we were visiting at the weekend - we took note of this advice and did just that. (really wanted to go to Sotto Sotto but fully booked-hotel recommended this restaurant when I rang asking for advice on an independent Italian restaurant).

Our room (no 10) was nice and clean, bed & bed linen looked superbly clean.

I assume that for most people, all you need your hotel for is somewhere to sleep so I wasn't fussed that the room wasn't huge - it suited our needs perfectly. Nice hot shower, clean, good lighting.

Breakfast was nice my husband chose the full monty which consisted of 1 sausage, 1 bacon, toast, choice of eggs, 1 tomato, black pudding and 2 mushrooms. I opted for the veggie option which was veggie sausage (which was lovely), choice of egg, toast, beans, fried bread, tomato and mushrooms. There were other options available such as pancakes, scrambled egg & a bagel or porridge. They also had a selection of fruit, yogurts croissants, cereals and juices.

We heard no noise at all from any pubs etc only the seagulls (our room overlooked the back of the hotel)!!!! Next time I would take ear plugs (you can buy these from reception if you choose).

Staff were nice and helpful.

We visited the thermae bath spa (take your own towels) otherwise you get charged.

Would recommend a trip down the canal only £8 pp.

We went to an indian restaurant one night called Rajpoot - very tasty food-best curry ever.

The pump room was lovely - we went mid morning for coffee and a bath bun.

One evening we went to Martini Italian restaurant for an evening meal.

If I were to suggest anything to the hotel it would be menial things such as: have more than 1 teabag in the room per person - I did ask for another 2 teabags & they gave me 4 more.

Would have been helpful to know about taking our own towels to bath spa.

We did book a feature room but I'm unsure of what the feature was??

It is quite expensive and I would slightly agree with another review made re: I wouldn't go so far as to call it a boutique hotel more a very good b&b.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Thank you for your very positive review of you stay with us. I am glad that you found all the staff helpful and enjoyed your stay.

I am glad that you found the pre arrival email useful and that we could assit you with the planning of your trip.

I am glad that you enjoyed what was on offer for brekfast, we do have many positive reviews on our breakfast offerings.

All of our rooms do vary in size and layout due to the hotel being a listed georgian townhouse, so we are limited on what changes can be made to the internal fabric of the building.

We are very proud that we are officially recognised as a 3 star Metro hotel by the AA. We do offer a fully manned reception desk and a residants bar up until midnight each evening. We have also a residants lounge serving light food up until 9pm each day.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and do look forward welcoming you again the future.