“Great location with style”

Harington's City Hotel
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Lovely hotel within minutes walk of all the central attractions of Bath.Only problem is car parking as with Bath in general, and reserved space in a NCP car park about 5 minutes walk away.
Rooms are very comfortable and nicely presented.
Great pub opposite with excellent range of real ale and food ( The Raven).
Breakfast was good choice both hot and continental.
May not be suitable for disabled people .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us at the hotel. I am glad that you found everything to your liking and enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you will return again in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I visited as a single female and felt very comfortable staying at Haringtons. Everything was great, Only negative was having no aircon, which meant it was very warm at night, and leaving the window open led to being woken too early by the seagulls which unfortunately are a protected species in England, so there isn't anything Harington's can do about that. Breakfast was very good, staff were helpful and charming, and Bath was beautiful and golden in the warm sunshine

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel.

I am thrilled to hear that you found the staff and the hotel charming and found the breakfast to your liking.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

A little oasis of calm right in the city centre. You couldn't ask to be located more centrally. We stayed on the top floor - please note there is no lift and the staircase is narrow. Our room was spotless and really nicely furnished with a brilliant bathroom and great shower. With no air conditioning, the rooms can get warm, and without double glazing, rooms at the front could be noisy - especially with seagull noise! The staff are really really friendly and helpful, breakfast is cooked to order and to a very high standard. If you are looking for somewhere to stay that isn't a chain hotel, this could very well be perfect for you.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for your kind review of you stay with us. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am happy you found the room and bathroom to your liking, as well as finding everything clean and tidy. I am also glad you found the breakfast to be of a high standard.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel is in a great location in the centre of town. The room was lovely, clean and comfortable and the breakfast was yummy. The only downside was the seagulls make quite a bit of noise which woke us up early. Besides this we were very pleased with our stay overall.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us. I am extremely glad to hear that you found everything to your liking and had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am sorry you were disturbed but and glad that you enjoyed your stay overall.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My fiance and I stayed in this hotel from 26th August for 2 nights 2013. The staff are so helpful and friendly they couldnt do enough for us, the breakfast is lovely and the eating area very clean.the room was cosy and nicely decorated with a big bathroom, tab hotel the best locationhe first night it was quite noisy outside due to it being bank holiday ( perhaps) and the seagulls are very loud. but the second night I didnt notice the noise but if you have trouble sleeping ask for a back room, All in all a fantasic hotel we will be staying there again and the perfect location. ( A visit to the thermae spa is a must :) )

Room Tip: back room less noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us at the hotel. I am glad that you had enjoyable stay and found everything to your liking.

We are lucky with our location being so central, I am sorry to hear you were disturbed on your first night. Generally we do not suffer from noise due to being on a small side road.

I am glad to hear you will stay again in the future and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed on Sunday night as part of a very special anniversary weekend. We can both honestly say that we would not stay anywhere else in Bath and felt we must leave a review for such a wonderful establishment. The staff were amazing, any help, advice or extras we needed came promptly and with a smile. Our room was extremely comfortable and clean with lots of lovely little touches making Haringtons stand out from a chain hotel. Location was ideal and breakfast was delicious - we got the impression that we could have ordered the whole menu if we had wanted. We were asked to move rooms to accomodate a larger party however we were upgraded as a result with the added bonus of a complimentary bottle of bubbles which we enjoyed in the hotels private hot tub - much more exclusive than the fully booked twilight package at Thermae spa! The member of staff who came to help us move seemed utterly mortified at having to ask us but to be honest I think we got the better deal!!! Do not hesitate to book your stay with Haringtons, we were sad to wake up in our own bed this morning. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your very kind review od your stay with us at the hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the use of the hot tub.

I am happy to hear that you found the room upgrade to your liking and enjoyed the complimentary bubbles, and thank you for agreeing to the room change.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff and the hotel as a whole. I am glad that you enjoyed your 1st anniversary with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

My family of 3 stayed here for 2 nights in August, during a 2 1/2 week vacation to England and Paris, and found this to be one of the better spots to stay. We stayed in cheaper B&B's, more expensive hotels, as well as apartments in London and Paris.
The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful, the room was attractive and comfortable, the location was central without being noisy, and the breakfast was better than most of the competition (although at this point I never want to see another "English breakfast" again!).
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in the hotel. I am extremely glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found the room attractive and comfortable, and found all the staff to be friendly.

I do hope we welcome you again in the future.