“watch out for the cancellation policy”

Harington's City Hotel
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Having had two emails from this hotel reminding me to comment on trip advisor I feel obliged, I booked a night in advance for my wife and I to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, my wife was taken I'll early in the mornining of the check in day and I immediately informed the hotel I couldn't make it unfortunately they have a strict 24 hour policy and charged me full whack. Most hotels will allow you to cancel up to 1400 hrs but not this one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tim_n_Stevie
sullyBath, Owner at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Tim_n_Stevie, I understand your disappointment in having being charged when you did not have the opportunity to stay with us at Harington's. Unfortunately we do have to have a cancelation policy just like every other business. Our cancelation is in fact 48hrs prior to the date of arrival. We make this very clear on our booking confirmations, which you would have agreed to prior to confirming your booking online.

I can see you e-mailed us on the morning of your arrival to cancel your booking for that day, we replied to you to explain that we would try to resell the room for you and if we were successful we would not charge you for the outstanding balance minus you booking deposit. We then emailed you again at 11pm that night to say we were unsuccessful in trying to resell the room at such short notice and that we would have to charge you. We made every effort to sell the room for you but unfortunately we were not successful.

If you have travel insurance you may be able to claim this back, check your policy. In the mean time if you would like to give us at Harington's another try please contact me directly on peter@haringtonshotel.co.uk and I will get you a special rate to make up for missed visit last time, and to show you that we are far from the mean spirited type here at Harington's. We strive to make all our customers happy so I hope you contact me and we can hopefully look forward to a more positive review after your stay. Many Thanks Peter

There are newer reviews for Harington's City Hotel

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Only stayed a night but really enjoyed it, especially the hot tub! The room was cosy and comfortable with a lot of space. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast included almost everything. The hotel is very close to the town centre and all sights and commodities.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
sullyBath, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear George O, Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. We are really pleased to see that you had a pleasant experience with us during your recent stay. We get a lot of compliments about our breakfast, but we are not sitting on our laurels and we hope to have some new additions to the breakfast menu in the coming weeks. We are always trying to improve on the quality of the product we provide our guests here at Harington's. I hope you stay with us again when you visit Bath. Regards Peter.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at Harington's for a weekend break with my boyfriend on January 25th. It's a friendly, relaxed and very pretty hotel on a very great street in Bath. We had a lovely room tucked away in the attic, it was clean and comfortable with TV, WiFi, hairdryer etc. The staff were friendly and the interior design is fab. We also had a very yummy Harington's Breakfast on the Sunday am. It's close to the train station, the shops and the Spa so fab for an easy touristy break and we'll stay there anytime we visit Bath in the future.

Room Tip: If you want an attic room tucked away from reception etc, ask for room 5 or 6 in case it's free...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
sullyBath, Owner at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are very happy to see that you had such a great weekend staying with us at Harington's. Our super central location ensures that you wake up in the middle of the Hub Hub of Bath each morning! We have a great selection of restaurants just a few minutes walk away from the hotel, along with a few good watering holes too! Many Thanks Peter.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Perfect location, lovely rooms, friendly staff and gorgeous breakfast. A little noisy for a while outside because of the pub opposite - but can't really complain; as we had drunk too much Prosecco in the hot tub and liqueurs at Sotto Sotto and gone to bed early with hangovers!! Not the hotels fault!!! LOL ;-)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
sullyBath, Owner at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest, Delight to hear you had such a great experience while staying with us at Harington's. Although I hope you did not regret it too much the next day with the after affects!! The hot tub is a real joy in this cold weather, a great way to relax and have some fun. I hope we can welcome you back again soon. Many Thanks Peter.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Haringtons Hotel is located on a lovely little street in Bath, a few minutes walk from everything you need. The room was very comfortable and the service was good. They do charge extra for the private parking (although this was not stated on the website we booked the trip through, so watch out for that!). I would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for you kind review. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am glad tha you found the room to be comfortable and all the staff to be helpful and service good.

We do charge for £11 per day for off site parking in an allocated space. This is explained on our website, also all agents we use have been told of this. We aim to be a transparent as possible. I will of course check all agent sites to make sure that this is clear.

I am glad you would return to the hotel in the future and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because we've enjoyed it on a previous occasion and were not disappointed. Everything was perfect and we look forward to staying again. Super location. Small but comfortable and clean rooms with a great breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for your positive review of your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your return visit and found everything to be perfect. We do our upmost to maintain the hotel and are always making changes to ensure a positive experience for our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I recently stayed in the Harington hotel on a girly weekend with my 2 sisters. We booked a triple room, which actually was really 2 bedrooms so plenty of room. Bathroom was large and spotlessly clean and the room had everything we needed, including a proper hairdryer ( a rare find in a hotel these days!).

Our room rate came with complimentary continental breakfast which was perfect for us, although we didn't go down to around 9.45am both mornings and as the breakfast finished at 10am there wasn't much left, so dont lie in too long!

The location couldn't be better - a couple of mins walk to all the main attractions, including the Komedia comedy club, thermae spa and lots of great bars and restaurants.

Staff were friendly and kept our bags after checkout too.

Would definately return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for you kind review of you stay with us. I am glad that you found everything in the room too your liking, and to be clean and spacious.

If booked directly with the hotel we include a Full English breakfast each morning. I am glad you enjoyed the continental breakfast offered.

I am glad you found the staff to be helpful and look forward to welcoming you in the future.