“Little Hotel, Big Heart”

Harington's City Hotel
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Bath
London
“Little Hotel, Big Heart”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We spent just a single night at this hotel but we were very impressed and will be returning soon (hopefully!). The hotel is in a great location and the service is excellent, Our welcome was warm and informative, breakfast was yummy and every member of staff that we met were relaxed and friendly. The room was a good size and furnished really well. The only down side for us was the size of the bathroom but it was fine for what we needed it for and is to be expected in a smaller hotel. Try the Salamander pub for a nice pint of Bath Ale - it is just down the road.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your very positive review of you stay with us. I am extremely glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found all the staff friendly and welcoming. We do aim to have a relaxed atmosphere.

I am also please to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. All of our rooms do vary in size and lay out due to the age of the building. I am glad that you found the room to be comfortable, we have aimed to make the best use of the space available.

I am glad that you will return in the future and look forward to welcoming you again.

Julian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Turkish first
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a group of six in the townhouse. From start to finish everything was brilliant. You couldn't really get a better location for the shops, restaurants and thermae spa so no need to use taxis. The house was very clean and bottled water and plenty of towels were delivered daily. The hot tub in the patio is a special touch and again spotlessly clean. Would definitely return!

• Stayed April 2014
thank you for you very kind review. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us in the Premier apartment.

The apartment is perfect for large groups of up to eight people and is right in the heart of the city. I am glad that you found the apartment to be comfortable and clean.

The hot tub at the hotel has proved very popular, and I am glad that you enjoyed use of this.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Staines, Middlesex, UK
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I wanted to take my wife away for her birthday to bath thermae spa and was talking to a work colleague who recommended Haringtons. I checked out the website and booked straight away. It's in the heart of bath, 15 seconds from the high street literally. On arrival we checked in and were then escorted to our room, everything was explained clearly to us from the late night access door, room service and breakfast timings. Our room had been upgraded for us at no extra cost and was excellent, sumptuous decoration, comfy bed, nice bathroom and tea, coffee and water in our room. Breakfast was a buffet style mix of cereals, boiled eggs, croissants, fruit and yogurt and we also had a choice from the cooked breakfast menu (we had the egg, bacon and sausage bap which was amazing), all you want coffee and a self-squeeze orange juice machine. We paid to use the Haringtons car park which was a three minute walk away and really handy. The actual road to the hotel is small, tight and surrounded by one way streets so that's the only thing that could bother some people I guess...for us though it wasn't a problem....excellent hotel, private, quite, good position and friendly staff

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for you lovely review of your stay with us. I am thrilled to read you comments of your stay with us and extremely glad that you found your stay with us a positive one.

I am also glad that you found the breakfast to be excellent. We recently purchased a juicing machine for the breakfast room, we have had a very positive response.

I am also very happy to hear that you found all the staff to be helpful and hope that we do have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Thank you one again for you very kind remarks,

Sussex
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great location, friendly helpful staff and very comfortable.
Good breakfast, and cosy rooms.
Small amount of noise from the pub opposite at closing, but got expect that anywhere in a city centre. In a quiet side street so definitely quiter than some areas would be.
Nice little outdoor Jacuzzi patio for private booking.

Room Tip: Top floor double rooms are very cosy! Go for King size if you can.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your very positive review of your stay. I am glad that you found everything to your liking as well as finding the staff to be helpful.

We have recently installed secondary glazing to all rooms at the front of the hotel, to eliminate street noise. The street is generally quiet due to us being on a small side street.

The hot tub has proved very popular since being installed and can be booked for an hour privately for £7.50 per person,

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you are looking for a quality low key place to stay where you can be in the centre of the action and all Bath has to offer, this is for you. Rooms are comfortable and breakfast excellent. Used the hotel preferred parking arrangements and walked everywhere till we left. There was a comment about a spiral staircase but this goes down from the bar to the lavatory not to the rooms so not an issue. Stairs are narrow so if infirm request a room on a low floor, you can't get away from this being an original Georgian property with associated charm.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us, we do aim to have a relaxed yet professional atmosphere and I am glad tha you found this to be the case.

The hotel is an old building retaining allot of it original charm. If people have specific requirements we will always do our best to accommodate.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Me and my friend decided to go to Bath for Easter very last minute. We checked out the accommodation options and we chose Harington's Hotel and booked one of their apartments. It was the perfect choice for a cozy, clean and super well located place, walking distance to most of the local attractions. Go for it!

Room Tip: make sure you know how to use the thermostat before going to bed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you fro your positive review of your stay in our City Pad apartment. I am extremely glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found everything to your liking.

I am sorry you were not told how to use the heating, usually all aspects of the apartment are explained on check in. I am sorry this was not done in your case.

We are lucky with the hotel and apartment location, being right in the heart of Bath. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Super comfortable & stylish rooms. And very friendly staff! Right in the heart of the city, perfect location, very easy for dropping shopping bags back during the day! Good breakfast too. I have enjoyed my stays so much I have just booked what will be my fourth visit!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your very kind review. I am extremely glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Room 14 is a quirky room and very popular with guests, I am happy that you found it to your liking.

The Hot tub has proved very popular since we installed it. We charge £7.50 per person for an hour, this does include bottled water, and use of robes and slippers.

I am happy that you found all the staff to be welcoming and knowledgeable, and do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.