“Most amazing place; such gracious and accommodating hosts”
Review of Apsley House Hotel

Apsley House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is by far the best B&B/small hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a good number of highly-rated ones. We showed up early and the hotel owners were SO nice, so generous, so accommodating, allowing us to put our luggage in one of the rooms until we returned later in the day! My friend and I have never seen the like! We both had the downstairs rooms and they were fantastic. Clean, fresh, every consideration made. The bath was lovely, no shortage of hot water (which was very necessary for my jet-lagged, aching bones), Molton Brown soaps (yum!). They even found an iPhone charger with me as I had misplaced my US/UK converter. Breakfast was scrumptious and everyone so polite, especially considering I had to be the most demanding guest ("Do you have cider vinegar and honey so I might make a tea for my sore throat?" "Can I please have cheese on my scrambled egg?" I'm not quite sure they knew what to do with me, but it didn't matter. They were still uber-accommodating). I had the English Breakfast and it was so good! I ate until I was truly stuffed.

If I ever come back to Bath, or have friends that are visiting, I will recommend Apsley House Hotel as the ONLY place they should stay in Bath.

Room Tip: Either of the downstairs rooms are quite nice. The suite I stayed in had a small off-room with a sin...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
COCOPOTTS, Manager at Apsley House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely, detailed review, which I am sure is going to help many people get a feel for what it is like at Apsley House.

It is so helpful, for us, and for others to get feedback on how we are doing, and we really appreciate you taking the time to post this.

And you are welcome to come back any time, we don't mind at all any of your "special requests", it is nice to be able to accommodate your needs, and it is not being demanding at all, we love it!

We look forward to welcoming you back here one day.

Warmly,

Gillie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Wedding anniversary weekend break, we loved every moment and will be heading back again very soon.

Food served was a delight and met our every requirement, room services was excellent. Room was spotless and cleaned to a very high standard.

Have been here previous and it's always remained to the very high standard it produces.

Nice well kept grounds to walk around.

A good location to visit Bath and Bristol.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were in Bath for 3 nights and had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful little tucked away hotel. Our room was quite lovely with a beautiful view of the hillside. We woke up one morning to a hot air balloon just over the horizon as I made a cup of English tea! The room was very spacious with the most well designed bathroom! You had the feel of being in an old manor but with all of today's modern comforts. The staff was extremely helpful and very attentive to all of our needs offering suggestions for restaurants, tour groups, attractions and must sees. While it was a little bit of a hike to get into town, after an incredible English breakfast prepared by Raphael, the exercise was welcome! Very elegant, white tablecloth setting overlooking the garden in the back. The service at breakfast was impeccable and the food was 5 star! A fantastic start to a day of touring Bath! The other thing I loved was the quiet! After being in London for 5 days, it was wonderful having our window open at night with fresh air and quiet! My best to the owners Raphael and Gillie! You have quite a gem in such a lovely city!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CommanderDemanda
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The reviews about this hotel are all true. I stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend for a weekend away. It is a beautiful house with amazing views and a very pretty garden. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Lovely breakfast with a different cooked special on the menu every morning on top of the regular choices. Fresh fruit, greek yoghurt, granola and cereals, full english and vegetarian options. So much choice. Couldn't fault this hotel at all. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzles14
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Had a wonderful couple of nights in Bath, everyone at the Apsley House Hotel could not have been any more helpful. Breakfasts and the room were great. Would recommend a stay here, although a little way from town it was a really nice walk into town we did 7 times in 2 days.

2  Thank Gavandstacey
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed for 3 nights towards end of August. Although the hotel appeared to be full the service at breakfast was quietly efficient and friendly. Our bedroom (the Romantic Room) was extremely quiet and of a good size with plenty of storage space. The furnishings were of a high quality and the room was very welcoming with a pleasant view over the garden and beyond. The bathroom toiletries were a cut above the usual.
Although a little way from the town, we had no problem getting to the centre as there is a bus stop opposite. Taxis are plentiful and reasonably priced.
The staff were very accommodating and extremely helpful.
The Apsley House Hotel is an oasis of calm and comfort. We have nothing negative to say about it.

1  Thank SherlockFrance
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Yes, the reviews are very true. It is a truly glorious place to stay. I have dietary requirements that were wonderfully catered for by the lovely staff and they really make you feel that nothing is too big a chore for them. The decor is beautiful, most of the rooms have freestanding baths and four poster beds which was such a luxurious treat! I'm 5' 5" and I couldn't reach the top and the bottom of the bed at the same time! I thoroughly recommend this lovely hotel - find an excuse to go and stay there!

1  Thank Rebecca N