“Great, quality hotel”
Review of Apsley House Hotel

Apsley House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I took my wife away for a couple of nights, one of which was staying at Apsley House Hotel. This is one of the best small hotels I have ever stayed in. The service was fantastic and the rooms of high quality - we were made to feel special and nothing was too much trouble. We will be staying again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,454)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occaisons for work purposes and I cannot fault it at all!

I have stayed in almost every room, and they are all beautifully decorated, comfortable, spacious and well appointed - excellent nights sleep! I love the big roll top baths and definetely would suggest trying to book a room with one of these - so relaxing.

The breakfast is outstanding and the choice fantastic for such a small and private hotel.

What really sets this place apart is the service - every member of staff greeted me like I was coming home, which made my stay so welcoming and special.

I cannot reccomend Apsley House highly enough - if you are planning a visit to Bath then this is the place to stay!!

Katie

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I used Tripadvisor to find the best hotel in Bath for my girlfriend's 40th birthday. We had a friendly, warm reception and shown to our lovely Romantic suite; the photos did not even do it justice. My girlfriend was so enthralled by the room; there was also a lovely birthday gift left on the dresser from the staff.

The breakfast was superb and even managed to influence the daily special of Eggs Benedict. I also liked the idea of an honesty bar (yes, I was honest!). We were treated to a very personable experience, as though we were the only people in the hotel. Nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff and there were lovely little touches to set it apart from the run-of-the-mill chain hotels.

We can highly recommend Apsley House Hotel for a remarkable and wonderful experience. Congratulations to the team there who are the priceless jewels of a crown of a hotel in Bath.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David F
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for three nights in July , the hotel is a very old building but very nice ,we stayed in the romantic room for one night which was as it is described very nice size and really cosy ,we had to move to another room as we could only book it for one night , the other room was smaller and a bit less cosy but still nice . The staff where really friendly and could not do enough for us , the breakfast was very nice and all freshly cooked to order. Nice walk in to bath , would defiantly return again .

Room Tip: Book the romantic room if available
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am reviewing this on behalf of a relative who does not have internet or computer access.
This is the second time i have put a guest here to stay whilst in Bath.
She loved the hotel, I visited the bedroom and checked it all out. The bed was comfy, and she slept well. The bathroom was clean and spacious with a good choice of Molton Brown toiletries. The choice of Coffees and teas in the room was super.
She had an entrance to the garden from her room. The key to the French windows didn't work when she first arrived , but this was quickly put right by the manager, who was courteous and friendly . All the staff were friendly and she felt very at home there as a single traveller. The breakfasts were good, and the lounge and gardens beautiful. She is returning later on this year:)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 night break at apsley house. The house is beautiful and we stayed in the vitoria room it may be the smallest room but is still big plus the bathroom is one of the best we have seen in a hotel. However the real stars are the guys who run it. Nothing is too much trouble and as soon as we had arrived we were being told where the best places to go in bath. As for the breakfast what more could you ask for and the eggs benedict was exceptional. A great stay and great hosts would love to go back again

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our room called Romantic had a view over the garden with a four poster be do the 1st floor. Large bathroom and more homely than hotel like. About 10 min drive from town. No restaurant but full English breakfast.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple