“The perfect night away!”
Review of Apsley House Hotel

Apsley House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Bath
“The perfect night away!”
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Running a B&B ourselves, we know how hard it is to maintain standards and operate at this level, and Apsley House is a perfect example of how things should be done. Beautiful room with joriginal antique furniture as well as well thought out facilities. Breakfast was superb with perfect poached eggs (thanks for the tips), fresh fruits and welcoming staff.
All in all the perfect night away for us and one which we hope to repeat next year.
Thankyou and well done for running such a wonderful and successful business. You deserve all the accolades.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JaneAtTheGeorge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Southern United kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2010

I consider that I am an experienced traveller and have stayed at many hotels both large chain hotels and the smaller ones too.
On this occasion I travelled with my sister to Bath for a girlie Christmas shopping weekend. The last time I visited Bath was twenty years ago. Seeing Bath again was just great. It is a beautiful city and reminds me a lot of Paris.
We attenfef the Christmas Market which is well worth a visist. There is also even a shop called 25th December!
We arrived at Apsley Hotel during early afternoon and we were greeted with a very warm welcome. The atmosphere and furnishings of the hotel were cosy, classy and fitted in with the type of hotel build.
My sister and I stayed in the Champayne room of which had a lovely king sized four poster bed and shower room. The bathroom was nice and modren with toiletries supplied. The bedroom was cosy and very pretty with a wall mouted flat screen TV. There is tea and coffee making facilities in the room. There is also a detailed welcome book that gives you all the information on the hotel, city of Bath and what Bath has to offer. You can even purchase a take-away and have it in your room. Napkins, plates and cutlery can be supplied if you ask at reception.
The day lounge and bar is beautiful with floor to ceiling windows with beautiful views of the gardens. The hotel is about a 20-30 minute walk from the city centre. A taxi will cost you about 8 pounds. My sister and I enjoyed the walk each morning after breakfast to the city.
The breakfasts are the best ever. There is the usual fruit juices and cereals as well as fresh fruit such as melon, blueberries, strawberries, grapefruit, prunes and pineapple. Tea or coffee.
Then you have a choice of porridge made to order even with a hint of whiskey if you want it!
Then you can have a full english breakfast which consisted of two eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, grilled rosemary tomato and two fried eggs. Eggs are to order so you can have poached , scrambeld or fried. Another option is a poached egg on muffin with crispy bacon, chefs special or scrambled egg with smoked salmon. I opted for the scrambled egg and smoked salmon which was just delicious!
If you prefer to have a bath opposed to a shower then the Romantic room may be your choice.
I plan to come here again next year.
IT is one of the best hotels that I have experienced.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank fudge
singapore
Reviewed 11 December 2010

Stayed in e "Peninsular" Room with King-size Bed and En-suite Bath and Shower for 3 nights. E whole place was very warm n cozy, makes u feel really at home.

Location - wld b great if u had a car, it's in a quiet neighbourhood not near city centre. U cld grab a cab / bus if u don't have a car.

Room - lovely decor, very spacious.

Others - lovely view of Bath's residential area from e breakfast room. Breakfast was great, we looked forward to the meal every day! Service was great, the hosts provided lots of advise when we asked & they were very polite. U cld feel that they were trying to make u feel at home.

I will definitely return if I'm back in Bath in the future.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank liquidskye
Egham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2010

Have been staying several nights a week since early October - first time I have received a hotel recommendation from my daughter - and have not been disappointed at all. After nearly 20 nights thought I should write a short review.

Really good breakfast to start the day off. Wifi works well in all rooms and is free unlike some places I have stayed where it is not accessible in bedrooms or is only available in public areas, or one has to pay for it. I understand that there are routers on all floors which is worth the investment.

Having tried out a few rooms now the only difficult bit is trying to work out which room I should select when bringing my wife to Bath for a stay. Pleasant walk into town although rather cold recently.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank JRAC1
Seattle
Reviewed 9 December 2010

WOW! I don't even know how to begin describing how amazing the Apsley House is! From the moment I arrived from my long travels from the U.S. I was kindly greeted and assisted with my bags. I was taken up the stairs to the most adorable and cozy room (the Vittoria Room) with one of the largest bathrooms I have ever been in while vacationing (MASSIVE for European standards). The rooms was splendid, even with the perfect little touches: bedside bottled water, and a tea box that had an assortment of teas and hot chocolate complete with little cookies! The complimentary breakfast (OKAY. Let's just say if you want to have the best breakfast of your life order their traditional English breakfast....UNBELIEVABLE!!! It was so tasty that I daydreamed about it all day while I was out exploring Bath and couldn't wait to wake up the next morning and have it all over again. It was that good! Incredibly impressive for a breakfast included in an incredibly decent price!). This place is hands-down the best place to stay in Bath. The prices are reasonable for what you get, it's in a very decent location, and the staff is SUPERB! Again, best place I have ever stayed, and I will most definitely be returning someday. If you are a smart person, who wants a great place to stay, you WILL book this place!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank elliottblake
Exmoor National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2010

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Apart from the fact that the rooms are gorgeous, the people running it made it an extremely pleasant stay. They could not have been any more helpful. Then to top it all off, the breakfast was fantastic.
If you are staying in Bath, my advice would be to stay here!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Escapee21
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Just stayed at Apsley House Hotel for two nights and would like to thank all the staff for making the stay memorable. Nothing is too much trouble for them, and all are cheerful, a real credit to the hotel.

The hotel itself is beautiful, and the breakfast is of the highest quality. On our next visit to Bath we will definetly be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple