Apsley House Hotel
US$371
US$232
US$215
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$178
Agoda.com
US$147
US$130
  • Room Service
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$146
Agoda.com
US$472
US$373
1,496 results
All reviewshonesty barwellington roomromantic roombeau roomchampagne roomwellesley roomhonor barfour poster bedgarden suiteslipper bathcoach househalf hour walkdaily specialsmolton brown toiletriesvictoria parkcity centreroll top bath
Reviewed 20 December 2010

My partner and I chose Apsley House as an early Christmas break - and it turned out to be the best thing we did!
Everything at Apsley House oozes charm and class - we stayed in the Romantic Room - an ideal choice! Would definately recomend anyone to stay here - we are already planning our return visit - Thank you Apsley House for making our christmas one to remember - even arranging for snow to fall overnight lol xx

1  Thank RJH1976
Reviewed 18 December 2010

We stayed 3 nights travelling as a group of four for a Christmas break in Bath. We were all very impressed with our stay at Apsley House Hotel. We appreciated the wonderful Christmas tree decorated in the Entrance Hall. The hotel was warm and welcolming, our rooms were very tasteful and comfortable.It was wonderful to sit in the comfortable elegant lounge reding the papers by the fire.The breakfasts were first class providing a great variety of fresh fruit and cooked choices. We all felt great effort was put into the cooking and serving. Both of the hosts were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I would definately recommend a stay at this hotel, we would love to return!

1  Thank TollyD
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Running a B&B ourselves, we know how hard it is to maintain standards and operate at this level, and Apsley House is a perfect example of how things should be done. Beautiful room with joriginal antique furniture as well as well thought out facilities. Breakfast was superb with perfect poached eggs (thanks for the tips), fresh fruits and welcoming staff.
All in all the perfect night away for us and one which we hope to repeat next year.
Thankyou and well done for running such a wonderful and successful business. You deserve all the accolades.

1  Thank JaneAtTheGeorge
Reviewed 12 December 2010

I consider that I am an experienced traveller and have stayed at many hotels both large chain hotels and the smaller ones too.
On this occasion I travelled with my sister to Bath for a girlie Christmas shopping weekend. The last time I visited Bath was twenty years ago. Seeing Bath again was just great. It is a beautiful city and reminds me a lot of Paris.
We attenfef the Christmas Market which is well worth a visist. There is also even a shop called 25th December!
We arrived at Apsley Hotel during early afternoon and we were greeted with a very warm welcome. The atmosphere and furnishings of the hotel were cosy, classy and fitted in with the type of hotel build.
My sister and I stayed in the Champayne room of which had a lovely king sized four poster bed and shower room. The bathroom was nice and modren with toiletries supplied. The bedroom was cosy and very pretty with a wall mouted flat screen TV. There is tea and coffee making facilities in the room. There is also a detailed welcome book that gives you all the information on the hotel, city of Bath and what Bath has to offer. You can even purchase a take-away and have it in your room. Napkins, plates and cutlery can be supplied if you ask at reception.
The day lounge and bar is beautiful with floor to ceiling windows with beautiful views of the gardens. The hotel is about a 20-30 minute walk from the city centre. A taxi will cost you about 8 pounds. My sister and I enjoyed the walk each morning after breakfast to the city.
The breakfasts are the best ever. There is the usual fruit juices and cereals as well as fresh fruit such as melon, blueberries, strawberries, grapefruit, prunes and pineapple. Tea or coffee.
Then you have a choice of porridge made to order even with a hint of whiskey if you want it!
Then you can have a full english breakfast which consisted of two eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, grilled rosemary tomato and two fried eggs. Eggs are to order so you can have poached , scrambeld or fried. Another option is a poached egg on muffin with crispy bacon, chefs special or scrambled egg with smoked salmon. I opted for the scrambled egg and smoked salmon which was just delicious!
If you prefer to have a bath opposed to a shower then the Romantic room may be your choice.
I plan to come here again next year.
IT is one of the best hotels that I have experienced.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank fudge
Reviewed 11 December 2010

Stayed in e "Peninsular" Room with King-size Bed and En-suite Bath and Shower for 3 nights. E whole place was very warm n cozy, makes u feel really at home.

Location - wld b great if u had a car, it's in a quiet neighbourhood not near city centre. U cld grab a cab / bus if u don't have a car.

Room - lovely decor, very spacious.

Others - lovely view of Bath's residential area from e breakfast room. Breakfast was great, we looked forward to the meal every day! Service was great, the hosts provided lots of advise when we asked & they were very polite. U cld feel that they were trying to make u feel at home.

I will definitely return if I'm back in Bath in the future.

• Stayed: December 2010