“Quick stop along the Gravel Walk”
Review of Georgian Garden

Georgian Garden
Ranked #64 of 156 things to do in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed after extensive archaeological work by the Bath Archaeological Trust, this lovely garden is a re-creation of a Georgian town garden during the 1700's.
sydney
268 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Quick stop along the Gravel Walk”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had heard this was a nice little garden, so we made sure we had a look during our time in Bath. It is a nice, neat small garden, but not a great deal out in flower in April. Worth a quick stop during a walk along the lovely Gravel Walk.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank ladybugsSydney

Cardiff, United Kingdom
221 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 196 helpful votes
“Small, peaceful garden”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This garden contains plants that would have been grown during the Georgian era. I am not a gardening expert so I can't comment on the authenticity but I did find the gardens lovely and as this is not as popular as other Bath attractions its a lovely place to sit for a while and enjoy the peace.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank PebbleL
Caversham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Even though the flowers were pretty - I was expecting a much larger garden. This was a small garden plot off of the Gravel Path in Bath which was overlooked by houses I did look like lots of time had gone into the landscaping of the garden - however, I was expecting a long walk around a beautiful Georgian garden and this was not it.

Visited May 2013
Wagga Wagga
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Lovely”
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

This was on our 'to do list' while in Bath. It's very sweet, just a small yard at the rear of one of the Georgian Circle houses, but the exciting thing (for a gardener) is that they have attempted to make the garden as authentic as possible. A great deal of research has gone into specific plants and the beds are based on the original beds due to the original edges being discovered during excavations. A fascinating look at a Georgian garden! Recommended for KEEN gardeners!!

Visited May 2013