Open today: 10:00 - 18:00

from US$12.92
from US$209.75
from US$20.98
1,203 results
All reviews cinnamon butter oldest house in bath bath buns famous buns welsh rarebit cream tea tea room worth a visit basement savory bunn downstairs shop benne rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Menu did not interest us, and the buns seemed huge. Museum is really a kitchen area below the street, but well-done. Worth looking for its age and history. More like a little tea room but quaint.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

At last three visits to Bath and finally ate in Sally Lunn's. Delightful and friendly staff lovely food a most delicious experience. Will return to try a savoury bun next time

Reviewed 24 August 2017

This was a very tiny museum in the Sally Lunn restaurant. It showed how the Bath Buns were made in the kitchen museum. It is worth a look, is free to enter and will only take about 10 minutes to look around. However, if possible, stop in the restaurant and try one of the Bath Buns whilst there.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017

On a tour from London that included Bath, I stopped by the Sally Lunn museum because of the sign outside (I just don't want to look back and think ' I should've eaten that'), and I'd heard about the Sally Lunn/Bath buns and wanted to try one. Didn't have time to have a meal at the restaurant, so went downstairs into the museum area. Unfortunately, it is a small area, and I happened into a group of what felt like 2 dozen people (it was probably a dozen, but you'll see the space is very small).
Bought my bun in a very attractive box (there's a few designs) and a small marmalade. Toasted, the bun was very light, but with just the marmalade it wasn't terribly spectacular and I'm not sure I experienced it in the right way.
It might help to have a few suggestions or recipes. I saw the photos from the restaurant, and it's used in different ways. I hope to return to Bath again, and if so I'll probably try this again.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

So worth a visit and you have to try the Sally Lunn bunns they are delicious, you can see where the origins of this amazing old house began and how they produced such delicious fare. Don't forget to buy some Bunns and take them home.

Date of experience: July 2017